It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford sticks with plan to open two plants in Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Never again will I buy another
Found On the Road Dead

:

I've known of... FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily. But never, Found On the Road Dead. Good one!

My wife used to own a Ford Tempo DIESEL. Great mileage, but only 52 horsepower. When it got cold, you had to raise the hood and press a big plunger to pull the fuel up to the spark plugs before it would turn over. But gas had just exploded to over $1.00 a gallon then, so the inconvenience of using cheaper Diesel fuel was worth it.

Lol, I am sorry to hear you had a F'd Over Raunchy Deal.

We need to get these Factory Ordered Road Disasters under control

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wife's brother was a car salesman at the time and talked us into the Ford Tempo 4-Door Diesel. In hindsight, I'm glad the engine fell out of the thing at 80,000 miles. (Engine weighed too much for the mounts.) We got a Chrysler Jeep Cherokee to replace it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
They already had those started with a lot possibly invested so it is not even possible to be altering those plants without great financial harm to the company. Too bad that Obama did not address the issue about keeping these companies working here during his presidency.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well paying (read: middle class income) manufacturing jobs will NOT be "coming back to America",

Ever.

The goal, the duty, of a corporation is to maximize profit every way possible. Typically, this is commonly done by reducing cost and maximizing production.

Moving your production facilities to a country with lower wages used to be the easiest way to reduce labor costs, which represented a large portion of overall costs.

But technology has changed that strategy.

Now, any manufacturer considering the construction of new facilities plans for the maximum use of robotics, and the minimum number of employees.

And what few employees are considered are not the high-school educated assembly line workers of the past: they are well-educated (at least some college) technicians who are able to adapt, and even develop, robotic assembly systems: white collar, not blue collar workers.

Tariffs will be past on to the consumers, what few will remain. And the number of consumers will be ever dwindling as more and more jobs are taken over by, and done more cheaply and efficiently, by robots and AI's.

And isn't it coincidental that the higher education that a decent life will require in the future is becoming ever more difficult (impossible) to achieve for more and more of the population?
edit on 17-2-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah not good. Minor detail when you leave your motor behind.

That Cherokee was a good choice though. They are bombproof, especially with the 4 liter.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Once every few days, CNN presents a story ACCURATELY. Here's the scoop on the Ford thing..

""Ford got a lot of attention last month when it dropped its plans to build a $1.6 billion assembly plant in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. But the small car production originally planned for the discontinued San Luis Potosi plant is shifting to an existing Ford Mexican assembly plant, not returning to the U.S.

Ford (F) never claimed to be bringing work back, but onlookers could be forgiven for getting confused. On that same day, Ford announced plans for a $700 million investment and 700 new jobs to build electric and self-driving cars at a Michigan plant.""

Full Story: money.cnn.com...

(P.S. Oh.. I see that was from CNN's "Money and Finance" division. It's more balanced, because the readers are of higher intelligence and sophistication than those who only view Woof Blister, Jake "constipated" Tapper, and that racist Don Lemon.)

This is almost exactly what happened with Carrier. There was a net loss of jobs.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

People will buy something else, make imports more expensive so you have to buy American

Yes i undestand that but then you face the same predicament you face in the U.K. People can no longer afford to buy the goods because the cost of labour is too high.

I know there is a problem and I think creative thinking is needed to overcome these issues. All of which are created by man made laws and rules..

The rules need changing. The system does not work

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

have to say I am on the side of paying more for the product and having a job that is considered good. If you are good with the way things have gone over the last 36 years, hold on.

Yes and I am sure thats what most people think worldwide.. The game is changing, power houses shifting. The world will never be the same again for the US. There are other big players on the board that gain in power everyday.

It is not about you there are people all over the world. Yes the US has taken a knock but other countries have taken similar if not worse knocks..

We cant afford a flat screen tv some countries cant afford to buy rice.

This is the direct result of global capitalism if you dont like it.. Change it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

How is it working the way it is? Could the reason your health system is in such piss poor shape because of the lack of high paying jobs-tax base receding?

No as i said the reason the NHS is in such a poor state is because the same drugs paid for by our NHS are legally sold 200 times cheaper in India..

That is trade laws for you... It is daylight robbery..

Wake up and smell the coffee..

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

One of the major reasons the US worker can't afford medical care is becasue there has not been a real raise in since the mid 1970's.
Also if everyone did what India does then the new drug industry would dry up. The drug companies has screwed themselves. The govt have allowed them to run rough shot over a industry that is like very few. I think that a drug should cost the same all over the world. That is the only way to ensure that the costs are shared.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

One of the major reasons the US worker can't afford medical care is becasue there has not been a real raise in since the mid 1970's. Also if everyone did what India does then the new drug industry would dry up. The drug companies has screwed themselves. The govt have allowed them to run rough shot over a industry that is like very few. I think that a drug should cost the same all over the world. That is the only way to ensure that the costs are shared.

I completely agree with you.
You are defining a change within a system to a non capitalist alternative.

The system is broke.. it needs to change. Its causing damage to both people and planet the world over.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Yep.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join