It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lost" Winston Churchill essay on aliens discovered...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Stellar minds and personalities such as Winston Churchill who spoke openly on such matters and the fact that their minds were preoccupied especially in his case during the era of WWII on the matter of aliens and ufo's may seem to some rather suprising...

Then again it for those well versed in the history of UFO's reported in history know that the era of WWII is filled with so many reports...

So this is quite intriguing...

This essay is written by a political figure of great renown who would have been privy to so many of the reports we now know stem from this era... But whats more is we can also be sure he was also fully aware of facts which were witheld and reports which have never been made public... As well as shared information from other great leaders of this same great era...

The existance of this particular essay although now being made known to the public is not yet released for viewing due to copyright... But its release is in the works...

I for one look forward to delving into the thoughts shared by a historical giant who would have been so close to such privileged information...

Here's a link to a video on the essay...
youtu.be...

Additional links
www.bbc.com...
www.popularmechanics.com...
www.theguardian.com...
www.theverge.com...
www.nature.com...
edit on 16-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Secureteam10? Seriously? Why not go for the actual source, which says nothing about secret knowledge or reports, it is literally his scientific musing about the possibility of life, not some disclosure garbage:

Thus, he concludes, a large fraction of extrasolar planets “will be the right size to keep on their surface water and possibly an atmosphere of some sort” and some will be “at the proper distance from their parent sun to maintain a suitable temperature”.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I am adding additional links...
This is not fiction...
The essay is currently at the Winston Churchill museum I believe...
I like videos...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Nowhere did I say his essay was fiction. Im making a point that you're taking his scientific essay on the plausibility of alien life in the universe and turning it into some kind of secret knowledge:

who would have been privy to so many of the reports we now know stem from this era... But whats more is we can also be sure he was also fully aware of facts which were witheld and reports which have never been made public

Good that you're adding actual sources, but dont turn this into clickbait. Its a scientific essay on habitable zones, not disclosure of personal contact.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I've done nothing of the kind...
All I have done is show that a man with great intellect and as much knowledge on the matter as could possibly be made known to any man who walked the earth in his time was highly interested in the matter so much so that he wished to document his thoughts on the matter... And how this is of further intrest he did so during WWII and the relevance of that fact...
If you think he never recieved privileged information on UFO's you are as wrong as what you seem to asume I have said...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

With hundreds of thousands of nebulae, each containing thousands of millions of suns, the odds are enormous that there must be immense numbers which possess planets whose circumstances would not render life impossible.... I, for one, am not so immensely impressed by the success we are making of our civilization here that I am prepared to think we are the only spot in this immense universe which contains living, thinking creatures, or that we are the highest type of mental and physical development which has ever appeared in the vast compass of space and time.
www.popularmechanics.com...

Can't argue with that , I'm sure he would be impressed by the discoveries we've made since he passed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This comment in and of itself could be seen in different ways... He was highly intelligent and ahead of his time... Or he had uncommon knowledge ahead of the time he lived... Or both...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

He was highly intelligent and well educated , I believe he had an interest in space and others that may exist out there but I doubt he had more knowledge of that than anyone else really , I do know he asked the military for information if any existed about the UFO phenomena , he was concerned about UFO reports from British bomber crews.

We can but guess what he was told or if any of it had any real substance , maybe , maybe not.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

A wartime world leader in an era filled with UFO reports that had only common knowledge on the matter?

Churchill and Eisnhower are accused of colusion to cover up UFO's...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Secureteam10? Seriously? Why not go for the actual source, which says nothing about secret knowledge or reports, it is literally his scientific musing about the possibility of life, not some disclosure garbage:

Thus, he concludes, a large fraction of extrasolar planets “will be the right size to keep on their surface water and possibly an atmosphere of some sort” and some will be “at the proper distance from their parent sun to maintain a suitable temperature”.

Those quotes, written when they were, give us an insight into just how bloody clever he was.
The whole exoplanet thing and the goldilocks zones have only been in the public domain for the last decade or so, but here was Winston, almost 90 years ago, writing on those same subjects.

I dislike much of what the man did prior to his war service, but there is no denying his genius.
edit on 30pThu, 16 Feb 2017 07:26:30 -060020172017-02-16T07:26:30-06:00kAmerica/Chicago28000000k by SprocketUK because: grammar, innit?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Exactly I have no doubt that he was intelligent...
But I doubt even less that he was smart enough to know his words would go down in history...
So I see statements such as these not as deep thoughts so much as revelations of the knowledge he possessed...
You see a truly intelligent man would not be so willing to suppose and possibly made a fool when proved wrong in the future as he would be to hint at the truth knowing he would be proven correct...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Common knowledge now but not at that time , I know he ordered that reports be classified but as far as I'm aware there were no answers to the question of what the reported sightings were , UFOs are only Alien craft when they're found to be Alien craft and again I'm doubtful that we had / have evidence for that.

I think he was more concerned about panic at a time of upheaval than Alien invasion.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I agree he was worried about mass panic should the "truth" be known...

And he had no need to worry about invasion because of Eisnhower's treaty...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Exactly I have no doubt that he was intelligent...
But I doubt even less that he was smart enough to know his words would go down in history...
So I see statements such as these not as deep thoughts so much as revelations of the knowledge he possessed...
You see a truly intelligent man would not be so willing to suppose and possibly made a fool when proved wrong in the future as he would be to hint at the truth knowing he would be proven correct...

I disagree.
he was big enough to understand that some times he would appear as a fool.
He paid the price for various mistakes during his life, most notably when he took a line commission after Gallipoli.

Lots of people thought he was a fool in the 30's when he was pretty much a lone voice warning of the danger in not opposing Hitler.

It's the sign of a brave man or a fool to speak out when the risk is he will be ridiculed for his views. History shows he was no fool.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You are comparing a decision to quotes?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

It was a response to this

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

That statement is directed at things he said not at decisions he made...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Same thing though. He was never afraid to speak his mind publicly.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

More like uncommon knowledge, now. The blokes in charge of the allies placed the Foo Fighters (what they called UFOs then) as classified because at the time during the war, the intelligence community thought the Germans were owners of the Foo Fighters. If truth be known, the foo fighters were the impetus for allied (read American) scientists to search all of Germany and its taken territories for basically the foo fighters, but found so much else, V-2s, Me-262s all sorts of strange weaponry and, I believe the actual foo fighters, too, which remain to this day, above top secret.

Also, don't forget the more than 2500 German scientists that were brought over here in operation Paper Clip after WW2...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You did. You called it an "essay on aliens," which it is not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join