It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intercepted Podcast: We Are All in Trump’s Hunger Games Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Few things here...
First off, there has been a real dearth of trustworthy reporting going on. That America is a currently a highly polarised society is no great revelation. People are running on faith and opinion because they feel they can't trust media sources. Or they gravitate to sources that echo their concerns and their solutions. And that is being encouraged by those who gain power in manipulating the masses, no matter what their stripe.

My politics are no secret here, though I try really hard to remain respectful. I know we're getting played, but I sometimes fall victim to the game as well. For that I am sorry. Pretty much. Well, it depends, eh?

That being said, I've picked up on the The Intercept of late, and I've been listening to their podcast, Intercepted. It's an eye opener. The one linked opens with dialogue from an imagined impeachment hearing for Trump. OK...that's gonna piss some off from the git-go. However, it goes on to make some pretty cognant assessments of what's going on upstairs. It's going to piss off Democrats as well. That's a good thing, because nobody is exempt from being part of the Great Scam.

I'm not going to argue bits and pieces...I simply encourage those who are committed enough to express an opinion to be brave enough to challenge it as well. Happy Trails.
edit on 15-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: punctuation matters!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Sounds interesting, so its a well thought out story, might have to indulge, although I would prefer a little sci-fi in there too.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, will have a listen later on.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Intercept has been producing some quality reporting and opinion in a time when everything else seems totally off the rails.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Jeremy Scahill is absolutely a respectable journalist. I first read his lengthy exposé Dirty Wars a few years ago. It was a stunning revelation of the hideous decisions and all-encompassing corruption of Blackwater, Halliburton, W Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld et al, and the absolute evil of war.

Thanks for reminding us of his site. It is hard to find neutral sources now, you are right.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

My politics are no secret here, though I try really hard to remain respectful. I know were getting played, but I sometimes fall victim to the game as well. For that I am sorry. Pretty much. Well, it depends, eh?

No apologies, thats why I come here too, to get the whole story.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The Op is pretty good, at least some people are not blinded by polarization.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

My politics are no secret here, though I try really hard to remain respectful. I know we're getting played, but I sometimes fall victim to the game as well. For that I am sorry. Pretty much. Well, it depends, eh?

I don't take sides, I don't have the need here. However, someone will take a side for you, and maybe even tell you what you are thinking because they have picked a side for you, it's happened to me often, but none of that crap matters.
Take Greenwald's story on Flynn for instance, Greenwald is telling everybody in no uncertain terms, that whoever blew the whistle on Flynn committed a great felony, and that is correct, however he then goes on to say that it was totally justified to do so because of Flynn's interloping with a foreign power in poor standing. But, we can all see what way that story went here, Trump supporters started to make out a DNC conspiracy against Flynn...just like that, and it grew and grew, while non-Trump supporters only needed to call out the coziness of Flynn and Manafort with Russia this past year or more..it didn't matter with all the cat calling, since it should be obvious to all that there is something seriously wrong with Trump's overall association with Russia and Putin all along.
Of course there is a need to look for better relations for the world's good not just the US, but that'll take some time, with a lot of dirt needed to be brushed under the carpet. Sometimes it's not a good idea to take sides, but to sit back and think just WTF is going on in the big picture.

top topics

join