It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgetown Professor Jonathan Brown Defends Slavery as Moral and Rape as Normal in Virginia Lecture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
At first I wasn't sure where to post this, except for the fact that the "academic world" right now, just as other topics, is blinded by the consensus of "political correctness". Apparently this sort of speech is only getting shocked reactions from a few blogs, and individuals meanwhile "academic circles" in general don't seem so concerned due to this political correctness climate in which we live these days.

Umar Lee
I thought the Muslim community was done with this dishonest North Korean style of propaganda. Obviously not. Brown went on to discuss the injustices of prison labor in America and a myriad of other social-ills. Absent from his talk (until challenged) was any recognition of the rampant abuse of workers in the Gulf, the thousands of workers in the Gulf dying on construction sites, the South Asian child camel-jockeys imported into the United Arab Emirates to race camels under harsh conditions, or the horrific conditions of prisoners in the Muslim World (the latest news being 13,000 prisoners executed in Syria).
“Consent isn’t necessary for lawful sex” said Professor Jonathan Brown of Georgetown University.

Shortly after I asked Brown my questions about his defense of slavery a woman seated in front of me asked about the permissibility of sex with slaves. Brown emphatically stated consent is a modern Western concept and only recently had come to be seen as necessary (perhaps around the time feminism began to take root and women decided they wanted autonomy over their bodies). Brown went on to elaborate consent wasnt necessary to moral and ethical sex and that the morality of sex is dependent on the lawfulness of the sex-partner and not consent upholding the verdict that marital-rape is an invalid concept in Islam.

Georgetown Professor Jonathan Brown Defends Slavery as Moral and Rape as Normal in Virginia Lecture

Georgetown Professor Condones Rape And Slavery Under Sharia

Georgetown Professor Jonathan Brown, a Muslim convert, gave a recent lecture at Georgetown University in which he basically tries to obfuscate what it means to be a slave by claiming that slaves under Shari'a law were/are always treated better than slaves were in the western world. He even states that in the western world we are already slaves, such as the relationship of employer and employee. Of course, he doesn't say that an employee can at any time leave his/her job, and in fact the employer does not own the employee.

He obviously ignores and condones the abuses that slaves in the Arab world had and have been receiving, and at one point in his lecture he proclaims: “Its not immoral for one human to own another human.

That would be shock enough if his lecture had ended there, but he also went on to defend nonconsensual sex (rape) as being normal, going as far as to proclaim: "Consent isnt necessary for lawful sex”.

People need to be aware of these sort of premises that would be implemented in certain parts of the United States if Shari'a is ever allowed to be implemented in the U.S. In another thread I pointed out how there are paid positions for Muslim scholars to discuss how Shari'a can be introduced in the United States.

Shari'a Fellowship Launched by Harvard University for the 2017-2018 Academic Year.

But again, I am sure a lot of people will simply dismiss this, more so when political correctness is being used as a tool to defend such views.

edit on 14-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpts.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What is wrong with people?

It's like we are back in the 60's all over again.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Slowly but surely the colonisation continues....and with our own help and approval
edit on 14-2-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Slavery as Moral and Rape as Normal... well western establishment's and values aren't really that old in the grand scheme of things.
Dinosaurs are super normal and there is nothing we can do to fight them and they're cold blooded antics.
Global warming is super moral and non colored should all just be happy we're getting our ancestors natural tan lines back.
I just triggered myself.
edit on 14-2-2017 by BeneGesseritWitch because: arent

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I think someone beat you to the punch 4 days ago.

Georgetown Islamic Studies Professor: Slavery OK, So is Non-Consensual Sex

I was going to say this sounded very familiar. Hey, as long as they cover female genital mutilation and homosexual discrimination, then it's fair to present the Muslim viewpoint on rape and slavery and let people decide for themselves. Free speech is ok regardless of whether it's good speech.

Somehow I don't think that happened in this instance.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It was already posted. And I don't think it was at Georgetown university. It definitely wasn't a class. It was a lecture for a private organization. He is an expert in Muslim studies and was giving a lecture on what he finds the Muslim view to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Wasn't aware of that thread until you mentioned it.
edit on 14-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If you look at the video it says Georgetown University. He is not only a Muslim expert, he is a converted Muslim, and it does show his views and those of Shari'a. He is not a Christian trying to denounce Islam, he is a Muslim scholar saying under Shari'a nonconsensual sex (rape) is not a crime, it is normal and that it is ok to have slaves under Shari'a because in his view they are treated more fairly, and in his view it's the same as the relationship between employer and employee.
edit on 14-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Anyways, mods please feel free to close thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Wow how far gone are we when this gets espoused in academia, he's just said its ok if his daughter gets raped, and enslaved, we pay these idiots for what?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join