It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Considers Bill To Protect Drivers Who Hit Protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Protest on a lawn or sidewalk.
You have the absolute right to protest, just not where ever you want to.

Regardless, we shouldn't be rewarding people for being careless with a multi-ton vehicle.

A bounty is a reward.
And we would we allow people to break laws to protest?

Protests can't always be contained to the sidewalks. With enough bodies, eventually they spill out onto the streets. Answer this question. Which of the two, driving or protesting, is a right and which is a privilege? And which is protected by the Constitution?

Depends on which one the left is defending that day.

Now answer the question without the partisan angle.

Good luck.

The typical responses are either something about "the left," or personal insults.

Which is hilarious because I've never voted Democrat - the one and only time I've voted was for Ron Paul - and I'm often considered a leftist by many.

It's all about partisan hyperbolization in 2017. The elites definitely won this election.

We are more divided among imaginary political ideologies than we ever have been.... and many are cheering it on.

I attribute it to alternative facts. If you're not a diehard Trump supporter who is vehemently behind the federal government, then you're a closet Hillary supporter who is a communist that wants free stuff and wants to see the country burn.

This is the narrative that's being pushed and opposed to the people pushing the propoganda back, they've laid down and swam in it.

Who you vote for doesn't make you what you are politically. It's about your view, and yours is left of center from what I've seen.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

Always trying to make false equivalences.

This is NOT a partisan issue. Some folks are so blinded (willfully) by their state-issued and sponsored partisan ideology that's literally all they can see.

As I've stated MULTIPLE times (but continue to ignore it for partisan brownie points) I do not support violent protests.

I also DO NOT support running protestors over.

How hard is it to see that there is wrong on BOTH sides of this aisle?

It is times like these I'm incredibly grateful I don't abide by partisan BS. The mental gymnastics is takes is too much for me to deal with. I'm so sick and tired of BOTH R's AND D's acting like their side is the epitomization of innocence and grace whilst the other side is evil, racist, are Nazi's, or whatever.

Ok, what part of my post was partisan? You're overanalyzing.

I'll quote my post you responded to.

First of all, if you play in the road, you're gonna get hit. This is logic you learn before pre-school. Second, when was the last time you saw Conservatives blocking the highways in a protest? It's been "only a matter of time" for 50 years.

Is it partisan because I said Conservatives don't block roads to protest? They don't.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

This is NOT a partisan issue. Some folks are so blinded (willfully) by their state-issued and sponsored partisan ideology that's literally all they can see.

As I've stated MULTIPLE times (but continue to ignore it for partisan brownie points) I do not support violent protests.

It is times like these I'm incredibly grateful I don't abide by partisan BS. The mental gymnastics is takes is too much for me to deal with. I'm so sick and tired of BOTH R's AND D's acting like their side is the epitomization of innocence and grace whilst the other side is evil, racist, are Nazi's, or whatever.

We wouldn't have to pass laws like this if BLM would just follow the law. But instead, they are a bunch of outlaws that don't follow the law and only seem to push a racist narrative towards all white people regardless of political affiliation. If they want all this divisiveness to stop. I think it will take labeling BLM as a hate group at this point. Sad part is I know not all the people associated with them are guilty of what I stated, but there are enough of them to ruin it for the bunch.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: coop039

Has that actually happened to you? Or are you just referencing Youtube videos?

It happen here in St. Louis, but not to me.
But your reading comprehension is not up par, I never said it happened to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As usual, you're completely misguided. It's these people in the streets causing the safety issue. They blocks emergency response vehicles, and generally violate other's freedom of movement... which is a right. I know, wanting to exercise your own rights doesn't preclude others from theirs. Odd concept, huh? That's not protesting. They're breaking the law. The law should be rephrased so that a driver is not to be held liable to hitting a pedestrian who hit as a result of breaking a law themselves. For example, if you jaywalk and get hit by a car, it's not that car's fault. If I was driving an ambulance with a medical emergency I promise you I would plow right through those SJW's.

The argument of protests existing before roads is ridiculously absurd as... well, any of the other garbage arguments you make. Before roads and automobiles there were horses and... well damn, they still had roads. You must have just meant paved ones, because as usual you have no idea what you're talking about. The still used horses to respond to fires, and a person would still deserve to be trampled if their protesting meant my house burned down, and someone I loved couldn't get the medical care they needed.

THEN you on to say "protesting is about inconveniencing other people. This is why you're trash. That's not what protesting means. It doesn't mean you get to inconvenience absolutely anyone whether they're connected to the issue you're protesting or not. It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, because it's a fact. If I want to protest Trump can I come to home and sit at the end of your driveway, preventing you from going anywhere? What does it matter if you support my cause or not? I'm inconveniencing you, so I'm right! I'm sure you would disagree. You'd say, "I have nothing to do with what you're protesting." And you would say that because you're a typical trash liberal who really has no moral standards besides those you're able to flex to meet your own needs.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Protest on a lawn or sidewalk.
You have the absolute right to protest, just not where ever you want to.
Really? Maybe I'm not up on my constitutional rights. Where does it say where I can protest? Does that mean that all these places, like college campuses who are being forced to allow guns really don't have to allow them because the Constitution doesn't say where the can have them??

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Staying on the sidewalk isn't exactly easy when the protest is too big.

FYI: These protests are a reaction to Trump and co pushing and poking at the system we like and don't want torn to the ground.

Right, Krazy. I get it. You guys didn't get what you wanted and this is how you deal with it. You want to make everyone around you miserable because you have to suffer.

Welcome to the realities of protesting.

At least you admit that it's childish temper tantrums and you want everyone else to suffer because you're mad.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

Just because the street is blocked doesn't give you the right to run over whatever is in front of you. It's like you guys have lost your humanity. How can you be celebrating running someone over with a car?

How could you support inconveniencing everyone else because you didn't get your way?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

FYI: These protests are a reaction to Trump and co pushing and poking at the system we like and don't want torn to the ground.

Right, Krazy. I get it. You guys didn't get what you wanted and this is how you deal with it. You want to make everyone around you miserable because you have to suffer.

So to protest is to intentionally make people suffer, become annoyed and hate you even more than they already do?

Good luck with your causes I guess.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

We wouldn't have to pass laws like this if BLM would just follow the law. But instead, they are a bunch of outlaws that don't follow the law and only seem to push a racist narrative towards all white people regardless of political affiliation. If they want all this divisiveness to stop. I think it will take labeling BLM as a hate group at this point. Sad part is I know not all the people associated with them are guilty of what I stated, but there are enough of them to ruin it for the bunch.

BLM is, by definition, a terrorist group and should be treated as such.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

So to protest is to intentionally make people suffer, become annoyed and hate you even more than they already do?

Good luck with your causes I guess.

That's what I was thinking too...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You sound like a person that just wants to live your life peacefully and happily with your family.

I want you to know that you and your family's lives are the ones that are important (no matter what color you are).

The OP is trying to label the violent criminals that are attacking innocent bystanders/motorists as "protesters"- in an attempt to lie to the readers of Abovetopsecret.com to make said "protesters" look like innocent babes in the woods (to browbeat people into seeing these monsters as victims) when someone steps on the gas to escape and protect their family.

Some of you know some southern black folks that will tell you straight up that if you try to stop them and jump on their car when they are out driving alone or with their families they they will run these "protesters"'s a@@es over or blow their da@n heads off.I fully support their right to defend themselves.

I've almost been beaten to death by groups of the kind of bastards that the op is trying to label as "protesters" except when I was kicked out of Memphis City Schools for possessing/selling handguns at 13 and 14. Being one of the only white kids in an almost all black school system is a painful and bloody childhood.It took decades to kill the monster inside of me that that created.

edit on 14-2-2017 by angryproctologist because: very important edit

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Just because the street is blocked doesn't give you the right to run over whatever is in front of you. It's like you guys have lost your humanity. How can you be celebrating running someone over with a car?

Who said I was celebrating running someone over? Why should someone go to jail because protester insist on blocking roads

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Oh! You'll still going to jail! It's just that person that you've mowed down, and their family, can't sue you in civil court.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Tennessee bill, SB944, would shield a driver from civil liability as long as the driver exercised “due care.”

Yah whatever, license to kill. Only really 'carefully'.

Get ready for Death Race 2017!

Excusing a vehicular collision with a person is not ok even if it is done "carefully" or with "due care". It is inexcusable.

Well yah, what dd you think I meant?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist
a reply to: intrptr

They ARE NOT protesters-they are large groups of blacks that just attack anybody that pulls up to gas stations,especially stores like Kroger.

Don't fall for krazyshot's lie that these are protestors.

Do we have footage of the pretend protesters robbing here? Not just anywhere but here, specifically?

I know, dumb question. My inbox will be sswamped with file footage of every kind of black crime that ever was.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Why don't the protesters take the protests to the people they are angry at?

They live in castles on off shore islands.

The only civil disobedience possible nowadays is to block roads, causing no actual damage except to peoples precious right of way.

What about their 'rights' of way?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: rockintitz

39-17-307. Obstructing highway or other passageway.

(a)  A person commits an offense who, without legal privilege, intentionally, knowingly or recklessly:

(1)  Obstructs a highway, street, sidewalk, railway, waterway, elevator, aisle, or hallway to which the public, or a substantial portion of the public, has access; or any other place used for the passage of persons, vehicles or conveyances, whether the obstruction arises from the person's acts alone or from the person's acts and the acts of others; or

But it's muh right!!!

No it's not.

link

Ok. So you are going to go out and arrest all the protesters blocking a street because the law said so?

There were people (including you) claiming that protests that block roads are part of their first amendment rights.

Just making it clear that claim is false.

I still think your right to protest trumps a law saying you can't block the street, but I asked you a specific question. It seems to me if the law isn't going to be enforced it has no teeth and isn't relevant to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

a reply to: coop039

Has that actually happened to you? Or are you just referencing Youtube videos?

It happen here in St. Louis, but not to me.
But your reading comprehension is not up par, I never said it happened to me.

That's why I asked if it happened to you. Generally you ask questions when you aren't sure of the answer.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How could you support inconveniencing everyone else because you didn't get your way?

Because I support the Bill of Rights even when it causes people inconvenience. I don't recall there being any caveats in the Bill of Rights saying you have the right to protest except when you prevent some dude from getting to work on time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join