It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Considers Bill To Protect Drivers Who Hit Protesters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

edit on 14-2-2017 by angryproctologist because: forgot it isn't mudpit

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Protest on a lawn or sidewalk.
You have the absolute right to protest, just not where ever you want to.

Regardless, we shouldn't be rewarding people for being careless with a multi-ton vehicle.

Could be argued that they are protecting Freedom of Movement rights, since blocking the roads are illegal anyways.

Yeah but if you can't stand in the road, you can't be an absolute ass hole and inconvenience people, and you might not get your point across. The same point that most people couldn't care less about.

link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

So I'm assuming that you weren't involved with that traffic jam since you keep dodging that point.

Where is your right to commit vehicular homicide because you are stuck in a traffic jam caused by a mass of pedestrians in the street?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

"What about white people that shoot up elementary schools, movie theaters, and mosques?"

No,I'm not a liberal or muslim like those guys.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Regardless, we shouldn't be rewarding people for being careless with a multi-ton vehicle.

A bounty is a reward.
And we would we allow people to break laws to protest?

Protests can't always be contained to the sidewalks. With enough bodies, eventually they spill out onto the streets. Answer this question. Which of the two, driving or protesting, is a right and which is a privilege? And which is protected by the Constitution?

Depends on which one the left is defending that day.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Just because something is "the law," doesn't mean it's right.

NDAA is legal. Patriot Act is legal. Torturing American citizens without legal representation is legal. Slavery was legal. Experimenting on American citizens is legal.

I'm just waiting for those who are cheering this action on to flip-flop once they realize the absolutely retarded precedent being put in place here.

I'm not an advocate for "violently protesting," but I'm also not an advocate for running people over in the streets.... especially in the style many are supporting it.

They're treating it like its Grand Theft Auto. These are human beings that people WANT to see killed.

This nation is truly in dire times. People have placed their partisanship over humanity, their fellow Americans, and the right thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

A bounty is a reward.

Protests can't always be contained to the sidewalks. With enough bodies, eventually they spill out onto the streets. Answer this question. Which of the two, driving or protesting, is a right and which is a privilege? And which is protected by the Constitution?

Now answer the question without the partisan angle.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The left was screaming that driving is a right when it came to the illegal aliens in CA.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

"What about white people that shoot up elementary schools, movie theaters, and mosques?"

No,I'm not a liberal or muslim like those guys.

Are you serious?

You say,

"You will make excuses for any rapist or murderer as long as they have dark skin for the rest of your life,so I'm wasting my time (as you waste EVERYONE'S that responds to you.)"

As you're making excuses for the unwarranted murder of people BY white folks.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Right?

It's the law. period.

And again, as ive said before, go play in the streets and take your chances.

I'd prefer to not have to deal with people blocking my way to work and home.

I prefer not to have people banging on my car.

I prefer not to wait at a wall of humans, and having to guess if they are going to turn violent.

And id also prefer not to have to run any person over.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
It's only a matter of time.

A conservative protestor is going to get ran over and killed and those who cheer this on will suddenly flop positions.

Ah, but I digress for in alt-ATS land there is only extremist violent lefties protesting.

First of all, if you play in the road, you're gonna get hit. This is logic you learn before pre-school. Second, when was the last time you saw Conservatives blocking the highways in a protest? It's been "only a matter of time" for 50 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

A bounty is a reward.

Now answer the question without the partisan angle.

Good luck.

The typical responses are either something about "the left," or personal insults.

Which is hilarious because I've never voted Democrat - the one and only time I've voted was for Ron Paul - and I'm often considered a leftist by many.

It's all about partisan hyperbolization in 2017. The elites definitely won this election.

We are more divided among imaginary political ideologies than we ever have been.... and many are cheering it on.

I attribute it to alternative facts. If you're not a diehard Trump supporter who is vehemently behind the federal government, then you're a closet Hillary supporter who is a communist that wants free stuff and wants to see the country burn.

This is the narrative that's being pushed and opposed to the people pushing the propoganda back, they've laid down and swam in it.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Actually. I'm just not going to bite on your emotional appeal because you are trying to craft it so I abandon logic and blame the protesters out of grief. If you start turning into a parking lot without looking to see if the entranceway is blocked and get t-boned because of it, then that is your fault. Related to me or not.

Ridiculous. You're not gonna "bite" because you couldn't be further from the truth. If protesters are blocking the road and you're waiting for them to move and get t-boned in the process, it's because of the protesters. Like, DUH!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good.

Get off the bloody road, idiots.

I hope there are similar laws so you can push the idiots out of the way when they stop you doing everyday tasks.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Always trying to make false equivalences.

This is NOT a partisan issue. Some folks are so blinded (willfully) by their state-issued and sponsored partisan ideology that's literally all they can see.

As I've stated MULTIPLE times (but continue to ignore it for partisan brownie points) I do not support violent protests.

I also DO NOT support running protestors over.

How hard is it to see that there is wrong on BOTH sides of this aisle?

It is times like these I'm incredibly grateful I don't abide by partisan BS. The mental gymnastics is takes is too much for me to deal with. I'm so sick and tired of BOTH R's AND D's acting like their side is the epitomization of innocence and grace whilst the other side is evil, racist, are Nazi's, or whatever.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Does anyone look past buzzword titles meant to cause a emotional reaction?
This concept isn't new.

This law is written just how it should be, if you read it, you guys would know this.

Jesus. You don't get to run people over.

Basically, you get out of liability if you make an effort to avoid via braking or swerving.

The language reads

"the driver must exercise due care"

This means if you DON'T care, and you run someone over without trying to avoid your still in trouble.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: addded2

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Tell that to the folks who are vehemently in support of running people over in the streets.

They seem to have missed the point entirely and have resorted to identity politics and personal attacks to save face.

People shouldn't block roadways. People shouldn't run people over, either.

Revolutionary concepts. Only in the year 2017 do we have discussions about the morality of potentially killing protestors who are in the road lol...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

If you are attacking someone then you are no longer protesting, you are rioting.

So your saying we should sit and wait at the wall of protesters and hope they don't become rioters?

No thank you.

You could turn around and take a different route instead of taking things into your own hands and reenacting the video game Carmageddon.

Turning around isnt always an option. When protestors block major highways drivers cant just turn around. In almost every protest I see blocking traffic the protestors always seem to be hitting the cars they are blocking. If Im in the middle of a protest and my son is in the car with me and protestors start hitting my Jeep or the windows, Ill put it in 4 low and hit the gas. They have NO right to damage property of scare the hell out of my son.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I know. I can't believe hitting someone with a car is the more popular argument in this debate. It's depressing.

Hitting someone with a car isn't more popular. What's more popular in this thread is not being stupid enough to think you can inconvenience people carrying on with their everyday life because you're upset. The world don't stop just because you didn't get your way. Grow up.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

inconvenience me and I will inconvenience you... in the hsopital.

JT

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join