It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear site owners... US politics...?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
It is an intentional disruption going on at ATS.

The disruption is being run just like Black lives matter, or occupy wall street, the pink pussy march etc. It is meant to aggravate and punish, and dump discarded garbage on all members, by a small group of extremists not getting their way. It is a tantrum of a small poorly behaved child in a public place, meant to cause you pain.

Many other members offer to help with a paddle to the misbehaved childs butt, only to receive a white envelope. Its best to just ignore them, as they spew hatred, and pollute ATS with worthless posts and comments. They are after all, losers and tiny brainwashed trolls

Right on

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

You said you are a middle man sick if it all...
It would seem so many others are unlike you...
Why don't you have an opinion?
Why are we insane for not being without opinion?
I do have an opinion. However, I am a TRUE Independent. As in, someone who doesn't think the two major parties have this country's best interest at heart. Now you see why I say it doesn't matter if you're leftist or rightist, you're most likely not going to like "my side"? Heh. As far as Trump goes, I have no solidified opinion on him just yet, except he's probably the closest thing to an Independent we're going to get with the political system as it is, and I think people should at least give him a chance. They haven't. The guy hasn't even been in office two months and some are acting as if fire is falling from the sky. It's ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Then we're not so different after all... I just may like him a little more than you at this juncture in time... That does not mean I'll never change my mind...
edit on 14-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I understand where the OP is coming from. And completely understand politics is a popular discussion.

But as others have probably mentioned, ATS has a lot of topics, such as World war 3, global meltdowns, conspiracy etc. And current events such as politics and government is interwoven in that.

No doubt, if god forbid a natural disaster happens like the tragic Japan Tsunami or other events, it will be heavily discussed and updated. Or news about space and technology, history etc.

I believe a lot of posters who post in the political topics are very interested in a lot of other topics and news.

It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There are many threads on the front page right now that have nothing to do with Trump.
It looks like everybody is trying. Why not read and bump some of those, if you don't like the political ones?

I see some that look very interesting.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
There are many threads on the front page right now that have nothing to do with Trump.
It looks like everybody is trying. Why not read and bump some of those, if you don't like the political ones?

I see some that look very interesting.
I agree. Members are making an effort. It's also true that it is a user generated site too. If you make a topic and it doesn't do well, think of something else and post it. It's not like we're limited to how many posts we can make.
edit on 14-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Nah, we're most likely not that different.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There is something that could be done to change the amount of threads on trump...
Several Trump thread starters out of many I have looked at have created several on him most of these are those opposed to him... One of these members has made 16 threads on him since hes been elected...
If these political forums were limited to one new thread created by members per month say... This would drastically reduce the flooding we are experiencing and greatly increase the quality of those that are...
Also that would not hinder them from making new threads that could be very important because they would most likely also fall under breaking news...
This would really only need to be done with the mudpit... If they tried to put it in another forum and mods seen it was unfitting and they had made a thread for the given allotted time then just trash the thread...

edit on 14-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The only realistic solution to addressing this issue - without in any way restricting what members can post about - is to add a feature within the 'myATS' section that allows you to tick/untick sub-forums. By default all will be ticked and posts from all subforums will be visible in the various site feed sections (such as 'recent posts', 'top posts', etc). If you however choose to untick "US Political Madness" for example, any posts within that subforum will no longer be visible within the feed page.

This actually wouldn't be a bad idea as it would allow members to customize the content they see based on their particular interests - without affecting anyone else.
edit on 15/2/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

This would work to allow those who chose to ebable or disable the things members want to see themselves but it wouldn't enable those who have not disabled them from having to wade through so much of whats being complained about in the OP... And the issue of threads being buried by whats determined as detrimental to some member's old level of enjoyment of the site based on its content...
What Im suggesting is that it is certain individuals that are causing the problem some perceive it to be by making so many threads to push their agenda...
Which is bashing Trump...
Id name name's but I dont think thats allowed...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
But the idea is that they CAN untick those subject matters - and if they don't - it's probably not that important for them to do so. And while I personally agree that the Trump bashing threads/posts are far too numerous and unwarranted in many cases - the fact remains - that's just our opinion based on our own biases. We'd be treading in very murky waters and would likely lose a lot of members on both sides of the political spectrum if such harsh restrictions were imposed - especially in today's political climate.
edit on 15/2/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

If ATS is a conspiacy site then that is whati t should be paramount not politics. unless it is about the iner workings of th politics then if its US it goes into rats..

If ATS is alt media site let us publish our own alt media..something that does not seem to be allowed to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You all could always start something like "The ATS Challenge", which could be any of these things:

1) As many of you can, go find old threads on subjects that are a) Not about Trump, and b) Not about politics, and bump those threads by making a comment after reading them. Unlike some discussion boards, we never close a thread down because it's old (we do have a page limit though). Enough of you do this and you might generate discussions in those threads again.

2) Tell us about it all again: while we do have a strict policy of "No Duplicate Threads", with some exceptions, we do allow people to make threads on things if the original threads are many months or years old. If you're unsure, a quick PM to any of us on staff will get you an answer. Sometimes we get fresh perspective on something after a lot of time has passed, or you may have thought of something that wasn't discussed before. So yes, repeats are okay in a lot of cases.

3) Be The Change You Want ATS To Be: I know it's said a lot, but it's absolutely true. ATS is USER generated content. If you're not generating content, then you are stuck with what others are writing about. If all anyone is writing about is politics and Trump, then WYSIWYG (What You See, Is What You Get). I see a lot of people here upset about what there is to read as far as recent threads go, but I'm also seeing two other things: You're not adding something different and, some of you are posting in the very threads you're complaining about which keeps them going. Even if you don't want to create new threads, if you stop posting in the political threads, and try to only post in threads who's subject interests you, then you're still helping add content to ATS.

I do get where some are coming from when they say they do not want to see ATS flooded with Trump threads and political threads, and that just ignoring them is hard. As a staff member, I see things you all do not: Complaints, Alerts, staff discussion on things. If I log off ATS and "lurk" instead, I don't see those, and it does make a difference.

You want more UFO threads? Okay, make them! Can't find new UFO stuff to talk about? Okay, go find an old UFO thread that you liked and post in it, bumping it to where others can see it on the Fire Hose. Found an old UFO thread who's subject interests you and you have a different view on it you'd like to discuss? Again, no problem, make a new thread on that same subject, as long as the original thread is several months old to years old, it won't be a problem. Write about that subject again.

There are many, many new members who may never have seen some of the old threads and old subjects. There is absolutely NO HARM in bringing them up again.

So you're tired of Trump threads? Tired of political threads? Stop posting in them. Change the channel to something else on here and post in THAT.

So can any of you meet that "ATS Challenge" ?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
The answer is easy, just report the malcontent post with an alert to the MODS. easy peasy. I have no problem reporting errant sh!te. If they agree the posts will be removed and if flagrant, a post ban will be in effect. The mods have repeatedly told us this, they need to be informed to take action, they can not be everywhere at once.

Plus you get a cookie for your efforts.

That is not true. I have contacted mods about off-topic and rude/offensive posts. But if the post is more than 3 days old, nothing will be done about it.

About the topic itself, it seems most don't understand what the OP wrote. He is talking about non-political topics that has been infested with President Trump bashing. This topic has nothing to do about the political forums.
edit on 15-2-2017 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh good grief. There is a thread whining about this every day. The whole WORLD is talking about American politics right now. It's the most interesting thing going on. I like it, although some people, when I see they have authored a thread, I don't bother. I already know what they think, and how the thread will go.

Besides, if we didn't discuss politics here, we would just go somewhere else, and I'm sure the owners prefer the traffic to remain here.

Scroll on by. Make your own thread. Go to the archives. Plenty of options. Besides, as I said earlier, people are trying. There are more and more non-political threads every day now. I think it's great.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Oh good grief. There is a thread whining about this every day.

Could you provide links please?

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree. Being from Iceland I do follow US politics. But enough is enough already. It is kind of interesting though, to witness the American nation turning my favorite movie Idiocracy into a true life documentary. The movie itself was generous and gave them 500 years but they took it as a challenge and said "gimme ten years, amurikah fvck yeah!!"

Comedians worldwide are saying it's harder to find things to make fun off because reality has just become a joke itself. The most powful man in the world is a rich spoiled crybaby who goes on his computer to vent every time someone says something bad about him. Every bad thing reported about him is classified as false news and here's the best part....FOX NEWS has allofasudden become a reliable news source!! Either I've stepped into a different dimension without knowing it or the quality of ATS as a whole has gone backwards.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Right...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

So you're tired of Trump threads? Tired of political threads? Stop posting in them. Change the channel to something else on here and post in THAT. So can any of you meet that "ATS Challenge" ?

Tried that and it seems people are more interested in whining about Trump threads than bumping something they like or making their own thread . Agent 008 has something going and while it has a lot of flags i am pretty sure it is not going the way he intended . Did the same thing myself and it kind of died , i suppose being in the off topic side of ATS killed it in the long run .

Once again a link to Agents thread .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join