It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Groups were funded during Obama's administration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: queenofswords

So you're telling me the US government funds religious groups?

Well, if you think Muslim is only religious. It is an all inclusive high-control ideology encompassing religion, ideology, government, social justice, political, and educational institutions.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What kind of crackhead thread is this? What do you mean by Muslim groups? You give Billions of dollars in aid to other countries, while your sh*t states remain the same! Focus on bigger issues than your brainwashed feelings!
edit on 11-2-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

What kind of crackhead thread is this? What do you mean by Muslim groups? You give Billions of dollars in aid to other countries, while your sh*t states remain the same! Focus on bigger issues than your brainwashed feelings!

Since you punched me with hateful rhetoric, I will counterpunch with this: You are the typical surface reader that can't see beyond the surface issue. Shallow, in other words. If you notice, I took the headline from the Sacramento Bee which calls them Muslim groups.

If you can, read all the OP and all the following research from other posters along with their comments, and maybe...just maybe....you can see what we are talking about.

Brainwashed feelings?!!! hahahaha. (see my above statement)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just like many other programs like this there is probably wasted money and unaccounted for money to be found. These groups know Trump will audit their actions if they take any more money. They are not dumb, if they get out now, trump will not be tempted to go after them.

I see so much wasteful spending yet things we really need go unfunded. That is actually a way of governments though, they want us dependent on them so we won't break away. They will give us money for a roundabout but not extra to fix the roads. The counties road commission wastes lots of money on projects that suck up the money and they do not have the money to do road maintenance, they want the roads to fall apart so they can apply for federal and state funds.

Through out reasonability when you deal with the people running things.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is it any different than the Spanish centers in every city in the country that help/assist with housing/pay bills for illegals in our country?

All this crap is funded by people who are only interested in building a voter base to maintain power in our government by handouts to people who don't deserve them, and are paid for by legal law abiding citizens.
Think of the tax relief if we stopped supporting people who don't/won't want to be legal and get a damn job to support the country that supports them.

What makes being an ungrateful leach in a country that supports your life ok?
Contribute, pay taxes, abide by the laws like we do.
Then you'll have a legitimate reason to be heard.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

(Sigh) Did it ever occur to you that there are Muslim Americans too? Not only do we pay taxes, vote, and serve on juries, but we're also citizens who should have access to every right & opportunity given to other American citizens. That means that if Muslims like myself meet the qualification, we should be able to apply for the same grants and other taxpayer-funded programs that every other American demographic does. After all, it's our tax dollars, too.

Or what, are you trying to exclude Muslim Americans from having the same rights and opportunities as all other Americans?

Yes, the alt-right believes that only Christian straight whites deserve tax dollars given to their communities. Anything else is wasted bc out of site...out of mind. The minority groups are so minor...why should they get equal rights at the expense of a Christian having to bake a cake for a gay?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You cleverly omit the terrorism and criminal aspects.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol, so white christians cannot be terrorist or criminals? Lofl

???

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Ever heard of Osama Bin Laden and the Muhajadeen? Freedom fighters to fight off the Commies! How about John McCain meeting with the leader of IS?

Sure have.

Operation Cyclone was Charlie Wilsons baby. Hollywood made him famous. He got his own movie.

In the 90s Hollywood made the MJ famous too with Spies Like US.

Anyhow.

Don't know why someone would point the Finger at McCain since it's been going on longer.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I don't think that giving someone money to make a video or host some talks is going to make any difference. Those who are radicalized are not going to be swayed by being told not be radicalized by any means. Especially if the money spent to send them the message came from the great Satan itself. It will just fuel the fire.

Throwing money away is the only tool a politician has in its chest. Even if it keeps fueling the fire, they just throw more. And more.

Well doing does exact things to radicalize works perfectly fine. It would be a good start to those things to start countering it. I'm afraid though that Queenofswords is right on track with this. Excellent work on figuring out and presenting this.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
When I read the OP.. it's like we are reading 2 totally different things.

When I read that article it says to me:

Under the Obama administration, Muslim groups were on board to help the US government combat extremism and would take the money to do so, because they were being treated with respect and our Ideals of peace and love were aligned.

Now that Trump has taken office and tried to implement the ban.. Muslim groups no longer want to take the money and work with ourocko government because they are no longer treated with respect and our new presidents policies will only stir up more hate and extremism In the Muslim community.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is great news that they turned down the money, trump just saved taxpayers millions of dollars, and you`re right they probably turned the money down because it wasn`t being used for it`s intended purpose and they don`t want to get busted by the trump people for accepting grants for fraudulent purposes.

if they were serious about stopping terrorism they would accept the grants no matter what they are called.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: xuenchen

Disturbing, indeed.

I wonder if they or any of their member groups have been getting CVE funds.

Why should Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen operate charter schools on U.S. Military bases?

Hmmm.

Un-freakin'-believable,

But it is ok to have christian charter schools on military bases....

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

They are not skimming money for terror projects.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

How do you know?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

How do you know?

Because they've never been investigated or prosecuted.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
This is great news that they turned down the money, trump just saved taxpayers millions of dollars, and you`re right they probably turned the money down because it wasn`t being used for it`s intended purpose and they don`t want to get busted by the trump people for accepting grants for fraudulent purposes.

if they were serious about stopping terrorism they would accept the grants no matter what they are called.

You are exactly right.

What have they been doing since 2011 with millions of taxpayer funds? Why would they refuse to take more money from our government just because Donald J. Trump is now in charge.

I can guess. He will hold people accountable for how they spend OUR money, and these organizations don't want anybody snooping around their organizations and asking questions as to what non-profit received what portion of your CVE grant, and who are the persons running that operation.

edit on 11-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So you're telling me the US government funds religious groups?

What do you think 501 (c) 3 is?

I'm a Christian, but I've never understood asking the People to fund the Church, which is what happens when the body deducts tithes and gifts from taxes. I'm not a Seventh-Day Remnant style Christian, but I cannot deny that there is something unsettling about the idea of the government having a say in Church because it gives money back.

If the government is funding a religious organization, it has a say in it, in my opinion. Trump is proving this, interestingly enough.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

(Sigh) Did it ever occur to you that there are Muslim Americans too? Not only do we pay taxes, vote, and serve on juries, but we're also citizens who should have access to every right & opportunity given to other American citizens. That means that if Muslims like myself meet the qualification, we should be able to apply for the same grants and other taxpayer-funded programs that every other American demographic does. After all, it's our tax dollars, too.

Or what, are you trying to exclude Muslim Americans from having the same rights and opportunities as all other Americans?

According to some this is a Christian nation, so no one that belongs to another religion can be an American (forget all that 1st Amendment nonsense), not Muslim, Jewish, Catholics (due to the extreme evangelicals), nor can agnostics, atheists, etc. Funny thing is, I am an agnostic veteran and the IRS is happy to take my money every year.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

According to some this is a Christian nation, so no one that belongs to another religion can be an American (forget all that 1st Amendment nonsense), not Muslim, Jewish, Catholics (due to the extreme evangelicals), nor can agnostics, atheists, etc. Funny thing is, I am an agnostic veteran and the IRS is happy to take my money every year.

I don't know who that "some" is, but they are neither informed nor Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join