It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Groups were funded during Obama's administration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: queenofswords

(Sigh) Did it ever occur to you that there are Muslim Americans too? Not only do we pay taxes, vote, and serve on juries, but we're also citizens who should have access to every right & opportunity given to other American citizens. That means that if Muslims like myself meet the qualification, we should be able to apply for the same grants and other taxpayer-funded programs that every other American demographic does. After all, it's our tax dollars, too.

Or what, are you trying to exclude Muslim Americans from having the same rights and opportunities as all other Americans?

According to some this is a Christian nation, so no one that belongs to another religion can be an American (forget all that 1st Amendment nonsense), not Muslim, Jewish, Catholics (due to the extreme evangelicals), nor can agnostics, atheists, etc. Funny thing is, I am an agnostic veteran and the IRS is happy to take my money every year.

I don't know who that "some" is, but they are neither informed nor Christian.

I don't know either, but stick around, someone will pop their opinion in. Unfortunately, I am a former Christian, and many that claim to be are not.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

(Sigh) Did it ever occur to you that there are Muslim Americans too? Not only do we pay taxes, vote, and serve on juries, but we're also citizens who should have access to every right & opportunity given to other American citizens. That means that if Muslims like myself meet the qualification, we should be able to apply for the same grants and other taxpayer-funded programs that every other American demographic does. After all, it's our tax dollars, too.

Or what, are you trying to exclude Muslim Americans from having the same rights and opportunities as all other Americans?

According to some this is a Christian nation, so no one that belongs to another religion can be an American (forget all that 1st Amendment nonsense), not Muslim, Jewish, Catholics (due to the extreme evangelicals), nor can agnostics, atheists, etc. Funny thing is, I am an agnostic veteran and the IRS is happy to take my money every year.

I don't know who that "some" is, but they are neither informed nor Christian.

I don't know either, but stick around, someone will pop their opinion in. Unfortunately, I am a former Christian, and many that claim to be are not.

Well aware of that, but par for the course. If it was all about law, I'd be considered worse than they.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
*snip*

That makes me think again...Just HOW have they really been spending our money.

Are they suddenly afraid of REAL oversight?

Have we been funding something nefarious with our tax dollars without the American People knowing it?

Are they already here...fully funded and just waiting?

Already here, and yes, afraid of real oversight, because what they are doing was NOT in the interests of combating violence from Islam. Seems crystal clear to me! If they were only protesting the terminology, they'd do so while taking the money.

Looks kike President Trump has a nice list of places to investigate, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Good find

there's also a big organization that some see as a possible long term threat ......

Gülen movement

Oh, interesting!! I used to know someone who became heavily involved in Turkish culture, including the Islamic aspects. This was someone who previously seemed to understand the hazards, yet was somehow drawn in, and began speaking like some sort of Muslim apologist. Very scary, overall!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Good find

there's also a big organization that some see as a possible long term threat ......

Gülen movement

Oh, interesting!! I used to know someone who became heavily involved in Turkish culture, including the Islamic aspects. This was someone who previously seemed to understand the hazards, yet was somehow drawn in, and began speaking like some sort of Muslim apologist. Very scary, overall!

What you know nothing of scares you...the deplorable way

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Good find

Gülen movement

Personally, I'm scared of what I *DO* know.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Better that than just avoiding a whole society of people bc...fear (ignorance and hate)

edit on 12-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen
Better that than just avoiding a whole society of people bc...fear (ignorance and hate)

Because:

1. 1. Masses of people publicly shouting "Death to America"
  2. 2. Ongoing current news reports of terrorist shouting "Aluha Ackbar!" while killing innocent citizens
  3. 3. A holy book that openly calls for killing unbelievers and even rewards those that succeed as martyrs
  4. 4. A holy doctrine that condones lying to unbelievers if it advances the cause (i.e. killing them)
  5. 5. More.....

Please stop lying to us all to advance your choice of religions dogma. Personally, I am not buying it!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Paranoid much?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Paranoid much?

Cheering for terror much?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Paranoia derives from ignorance and fear.

The fact that you think I remotely "cheer for terror" says it all.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I don't think that giving someone money to make a video or host some talks is going to make any difference. Those who are radicalized are not going to be swayed by being told not be radicalized by any means. Especially if the money spent to send them the message came from the great Satan itself. It will just fuel the fire.

Throwing money away is the only tool a politician has in its chest. Even if it keeps fueling the fire, they just throw more. And more.

But it isn't throwing money away. The Muslim "group" headed by Muslims gets the money, employs other Muslims to do some work and everyone is happy. The Muslims got paid and likely "invested" the profits in supporting other Muslim groups. You know, Iran, ISIS, etc.

You don't always follow the money to the money. You sometimes need to follow the money to the individual...the CEO, the workers, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What is that old saying..."Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me".

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Paranoid much?

So, using past behavior as a predictor of future behavior is now being paranoid? Yeah, nice try there sparky. I see through your embracing of the need to lie and deflect unbelievers. It is right there in the dogma.

Not too judgemental of a belief system? When a belief system, says if you don't believe what I do I am obligated to kill you, and will be rewarded, it is to be taken seriously. Especially when there are real life documented cases of people actually following it and killing people.

Having open eyes is not paranoid, it is prudent.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And paranoia is paranoia

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

And paranoia is paranoia

You have such an eloquent way of expressing yourself. Personal attacks is all you have.
And, you still have not proven me wrong. Have you?

Lies are lies. We see through them.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Good find

Gülen movement

So, if someone has a different opinion, they must "know nothing"? Typical response; dodge the actual issue, and pretend the opposition is ignorant, because you have no valid response. Care to try again? Because that was, in a very real way, quite deplorable.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

And paranoia is paranoia

You have such an eloquent way of expressing yourself. Personal attacks is all you have.
And, you still have not proven me wrong. Have you?

Lies are lies. We see through them.

Lol, it's no lie, paranoia IS paranoia. How can I fit a lie into that?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

What people do not know about tends to draw fear and hate instead of curiosity to learn more. For example, trans...they are mentally unstable to an ignorant. Somehow the ignorant is a psychiatrist and can dole out mental issues.

A non-Christian is feared or deserves pity bc they are evil or "lost".

Gays do not deserve equal rights bc it was dreamed up somewhere that marriage is only for a man and a woman...cannot think past that...must go hide behind bible.

Probably not necessarily with you, but can you follow how lack of understanding leads to bigotry & hate,

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

What people do not know about tends to draw fear and hate instead of curiosity to learn more. For example, trans...they are mentally unstable to an ignorant. Somehow the ignorant is a psychiatrist and can dole out mental issues.

A non-Christian is feared or deserves pity bc they are evil or "lost".

Gays do not deserve equal rights bc it was dreamed up somewhere that marriage is only for a man and a woman...cannot think past that...must go hide behind bible.

Probably not necessarily with you, but can you follow how lack of understanding leads to bigotry & hate,

The things you mention aren't about a lack of knowledge, but about differences of opinion. When we disagree, that doesn't mean we "fear" or "hate" the other person; it only means we disagree. This habit, so common these days, of claiming hate and fear, in the face of any opposition, is quite tiresome. It ruins any chance for meaningful discussion, or logical debate, and makes finding any common ground impossible, for the people so labeling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join