It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It NEVER Dies! - Possibility of Ethernal Life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right sub? Anyway, this seems interesting - No.1 and the yellyfish. Do you think we will ever be able to adapt this knowledge. I guess it might be usefull for say skin-cancer treatment, but fullgrown body-cloning? I don't know.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What would happen if we all lived forever. Everyone would live, then the world population would go through the roof. What would all of us eat, we already severly drain the resources of the earth.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mahdd

Very interesting vid. Thanks Mahdd!. Loved the Endoliths!

What was the name of that jellyfish?

Made me think of those huge underground mushroom networks:
Mycelium

Seems like our definitions for what constitutes "Life", are evolving.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That would be simple. Anyone who makes the choice to live forever, simply wouldn't be allowed to have children.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mahdd

Ummm...there's a misconception present in that jellyfish cloning theory...

That misconception is also carried over in the theory of digitization and download of memory and characteristic...

The I...the self...the consciousness of an organism is not carried over into the new clone or the hardware...only the characteristics and mannerisms...what you have are merely copies transferred and not the conscious self...

Therefore while there is continuation of characteristic up until the point of transference or genetic identical propensity...what results from that moment is a uniquely new organism...unique in the sense of identity and experiential input going forward...

Therefore...IMHO...such precludes immortality due to mimicry in the subsequent iterations...and consciousness cessation in the original organism...
The...I...individual consciousness ceased to exist and a completely new...person hood...was borne from that alpha point...

I believe this precludes any legal transfer of property and identity appropriation or ownership in any continuance scheme...

Certainly...one could argue that a convincingly schooled copy might exhibit all of the personality characteristics of an original due to programming...but that's all it falls down to...programming of a copy...and not person hood transference...

Obviously these are my thoughts on the matter...until proven otherwise...I think from a legal standpoint...this is how any laws regarding this matter should read...

YouSir
edit on 11-2-2017 by YouSir because: I felt the urge...

edit on 11-2-2017 by YouSir because: of that lacking...a...

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Immortality may require sterility to function without promotion of exponential growth of our species but down that road lies stagnentation of our race i image.

Plus think how many future Einstein's, Tesla's or Hawking's would never be born just so we could exist for ever?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Right!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
People are already bored to death. Who wants to live on earth forever?

ETA: The longest lived things on earth right now are radioactive.

edit on 11-2-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Might be nice to extend our longevity upward of 300-500 years all the same.

Think of the wonders and sights to behold? And you would have the wisdom and experience to appreciate them.

Certainly go a ways as to humanity possibly learning from her historical mistakes as apposed to repeating them form generation to generation.

Not forever through, eternity being rather a long time to endure existence.

edit on 11-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What would happen if we all lived forever. Everyone would live, then the world population would go through the roof. What would all of us eat, we already severly drain the resources of the earth.

Who says we would all what to live the rest of our (extended) life on Earth?

Immortality, or even a significantly extended life span would be both a spur and a boon to the colonization of the solar system and beyond.

And that would help insure the survival of the human species in the event of a cataclysmic event befalling the Earth.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The longer certain people live the more arrogant and better than they become. You might get certain people to live longer and they would set about making sure nobody else did. Right? The elite would make it illegal for the masses.

Life spans are long enough, not short enough for others.

Not forever though, eternity being rather a long time to endure existence.

Thats where you're mistaken. You are seeing with three dimensional perspective. The 'next' life will be... just wait and see.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

We would still be required to construct, launch and maintain a biosphere capable of sustaining these immortal/semi-immortal beings during the journey time required to travel between the stars. That would be a technological marvel and achievement all on its own.

Never mind provide sufficient motivation and entertainment to these people to stop them going insane during the journey which would possibly take 100s or even 1000s of years.
edit on 11-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think a lot of people are just beginning to understand and appreciate there existence just before they get old degenerate and die.

I cant wait for the next life if it does indeed exist, but if its eternal i demand at the very least my own pocket universe and reality to shape else i imagine eternity would become very boring.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

maybe if food stopped growing and water stopped flowing..

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

People are still going to need to eat and drink, require sustenance, and even if they did not the rest of the planet would still be required to follow natures paradigm.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The ability to have children is self limiting. Living forever does not mean staying young forever.

Having reached a stage of life where things have very little value to me, I believe that you would just have a larger number of ancient folk that would be fighting for space in the cave,

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I cant wait for the next life if it does indeed exist, but if its eternal i demand at the very least my own pocket universe and reality to shape else i imagine eternity would become very boring.

The whole Universe is yours... its infinite so even the whole thing is but a tiny speck, to play with as you see fit.

within reason, of course.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Who says we would all what to live the rest of our (extended) life on Earth?

Immortality, or even a significantly extended life span would be both a spur and a boon to the colonization of the solar system and beyond.

And that would help insure the survival of the human species in the event of a cataclysmic event befalling the Earth.

If we have kids, and then grandkids et......in essence part of us is passed on to them. We are already immortal to a certain extent. Adam was immortal since we all evolved from him.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

That would be simple. Anyone who makes the choice to live forever, simply wouldn't be allowed to have children.

Take me for instance. I'm going to live forever, be awesome and defeat Death and stuff, and I don't have any children.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure

maybe if food stopped growing and water stopped flowing..

We are overfishing certain seas, if it weren't for international cooperation it would happen. We are pulling a lot of water out of the ground and poisoning other water with our unnatural and concentrated natural chemistries we leave out into the environment. We waste the underground reservours of water, watering lawns and washing cars and with all our household wasteful practices. They even want us to wash the recycled cans. It seems that people have not got their sh** together, conservation needs to happen moderately every way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join