It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US investigators corroborate some aspects of the Russia dossier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

CNN Feb 10 2017
US investigators corroborate some aspects of the Russia dossier

For the first time, US investigators say they have corroborated some of the communications detailed in a 35-page dossier compiled by a former British intelligence agent, multiple current and former US law enforcement and intelligence officials tell CNN. As CNN first reported, then-President-elect Donald Trump and President Barack Obama were briefed on the existence of the dossier prior to Trump's inauguration.

None of the newly learned information relates to the salacious allegations in the dossier. Rather it relates to conversations between foreign nationals. The dossier details about a dozen conversations between senior Russian officials and other Russian individuals. Sources would not confirm which specific conversations were intercepted or the content of those discussions due to the classified nature of US intelligence collection programs.

So much for this being a 4chan joke.

Please remember this isn't the mud pit. Discuss the article.

To be very clear, I have stated numerous times I think the "pissgate" story is ridiculous. The "fake news" chorus can kindly see themselves to the door.

While I dislike Trump, I prefer my facts as far from "alternative" as possible. Let's see if we can dig up some new details about what's really going on here because something's definitely odd with this story.

edit on 10-2-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

None of the newly learned information relates to the salacious allegations in the dossier.

Reached for comment this afternoon, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said, "We continue to be disgusted by CNN's fake news reporting."

edit on 10-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Go for it...Let's not so much. This is a lot of dirty work but good luck.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Impeachment process has just been started by the Democrats. My guess is its part of that nonsense, to shore up the arguments that russia helped trump...
Lame.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

Go for it...Let's not so much. This is a lot of dirty work but good luck.

So you think it's just a hit piece. Anything to back that up, or just intuition?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
Impeachment process has just been started by the Democrats. My guess is its part of that nonsense, to shore up the arguments that russia helped trump...
Lame.

That's possible, have a link to the story about the impeachment process? I did a quick search and I'm just seeing an article by Common Dreams which isn't terribly reliable.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm not a Trump supporter. However, to quote CNN as a legitimate source of news when it is known they intentionally attempted to fix the debates for their candidate does not make sense to me. Further, confirming conversations with high level government and business operatives doesn't raise any red flags with me. Trump, at the time, was a high level business operative himself. I'd be shocked if he wasn't recorded at times, it is Russia after all.

Unfortunately, CNN and other MSM outlets continue to report on smoke as if it was fire.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I just think to find anything worth a look it's going to be a lot of dirty work. I guess my way of saying good luck with that but I'll check it out if something more comes up.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of punishment giving known false accusations of impeachment carry? This is beyond contempt, and borders sedition and conspiracy against their posts in government. I am for sticking it to those who break the law (let's start with the Clintons) but this needs to stop. It's obviously being orchestrated by those who would like to see the U.S. destroyed. Those helping those endeavors should be seen as enemies of the state, and if in power, should be removed immediately. They are not there to try to destroy the other side.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
I'm not a Trump supporter. However, to quote CNN as a legitimate source of news when it is known they intentionally attempted to fix the debates for their candidate does not make sense to me.

Donna Brazile is not CNN. No more than Brian Williams is NBC, or Kellyane Conway is the White House (despite her mistakes bordering on lies to promote Trump's agenda). CNN had the integrity to drop Donna Brazile as an analyst when they found out she leaked the questions. Ironically I don't see Trump firing anyone over the fabrications coming from his administration. Besides every US news source from MSNBC to Fox does this. If that's the bar, then all news is nonsense and there's nothing to discuss. We need to read but verify. That's what I'm looking for here. I am asking the people of ATS to dig to see if we can find any other sources for this because I find this story questionable, even if it's only a hunch.

Further, confirming conversations with high level government and business operatives doesn't raise any red flags with me. Trump, at the time, was a high level business operative himself. I'd be shocked if he wasn't recorded at times, it is Russia after all.

So you accept the parts of the article you like, but the parts you don't are fake?

But the intercepts do confirm that some of the conversations described in the dossier took place between the same individuals on the same days and from the same locations as detailed in the dossier, according to the officials.

Why?

I suspect there is something else going on, wish I could put my finger on it, not just an outright lie by some intelligence community insider to CNN. Too bad we don't know which parts they've supposedly confirmed, yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Not again !!

multiple current and former US law enforcement and intelligence officials tell CNN

The story is a retaliation to the exposed Congressional IT guys busted the other day.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Not again !!

multiple current and former US law enforcement and intelligence officials tell CNN

The story is a retaliation to the exposed Congressional IT guys busted the other day.

Must be the important IT guy in the world. =P

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

I just think to find anything worth a look it's going to be a lot of dirty work.

You are more than likely right. I did a search across some of the darknet intel forums and I'm not hearing anything about this story. The few people who have access probably aren't speaking.

I guess my way of saying good luck with that but I'll check it out if something more comes up.

Thanks, it should be interesting to see what people come up with.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

originally posted by: xuenchen
Not again !!

Must be the important IT guy in the world. =P

Ya never know...

Meet the Real (Not Russian) IT Staff That Spied On and Hacked The U.S. Congress

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

CNN Feb 10 2017
None of the newly learned information relates to the salacious allegations in the dossier. Rather it relates to conversations between foreign nationals. The dossier details about a dozen conversations between senior Russian officials and other Russian individuals. Sources would not confirm which specific conversations were intercepted or the content of those discussions due to the classified nature of US intelligence collection programs.

So........ unnamed sources say they confirmed things but wont say what things were confirmed, says CNN... did I just read that correctly?
edit on 10-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So........ unnamed sources say they confirmed things but wont say what things were confirmed, says CNN... did I just read that correctly?

Sources would not confirm which specific conversations were intercepted or the content of those discussions due to the classified nature of US intelligence collection programs.
archive.is...

Makes figuring out what's what kind of impossible, right? Not the most informative piece of news I've ever read, but it does seem to indicate there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I believe it was a post here this afternoon that I caught.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yea both sides start like that. All to often I find myself wasting a lot of time to find something or find nothing. All in all its the same waste of time on both sides. Whether you find something or not soon enough its water under the bridge.

Like you said all to often the ones who do know are more than good theiiiiiiirrrrrrrr Ggrreat at keeping their mouth shut.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like the russian dossier was actually nothing but crap but the intelligence did find some possible reliable stuff to show it had some reality to it. Another words the person who wrote it had no real evidence, he was just creating chaos but part of his unreal evidence does have some possible merrit. But even the evidence they are using to collaborate it appears only to be hearsay. Nothing that can be legally used to prove anything

Some high political people talking to some citizens might brag too to show their government has things in control. I guess our government officials do the same thing, but they are getting caught in their misconceptions lately.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It's a good point that one person does not an organization make. However, I think there are many more points of misreporting and/or over-hyping. Other news agencies do this as well, like the ones that you mentioned. All of which are owned by a handful of companies. I do read and keep an eye on the MSM but don't believe anything they say, particularly CNN and Fox. However, I don't believe any of these other outlets tried to rig the debates and therefore the election.

I did not say that I accepted anything. The point was that the facts they say were verified were in no way incriminating. So wether or not they have been verified means nothing to me. Thus the smoke v. fire issue. When it is verified that the Kremlin had some sort of incriminating evidence against Trump, let me know. However, for a man like Trump, a man with seemingly very little conscience, or respect for others, I don't think he could be black mailed by the fact he pays for prostitutes or had them urinate on a bed. I think the prurient nature of the allegations were crafted on purpose so as to try to further deligitimize his election without really saying he did something totally unconscionable.

My suspicion with this story is with the source of the original report.

What I would really like to know about is the confidential report about Russia's hacking of our electoral process. Both sides read the same report and come to different conclusions and we, the public, are left in the lurch without knowing what information they are relying upon. To me, the protection of our electoral process is for more important than the protection of intelligence sources and tactics. The full report should be released to the public.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join