It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - What Theme Do You Use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A quick and simple question if you don't mind. Do you use the light or dark theme here on ATS?

I ask because I'm attempting to make better avatars and was curious how the majority of people would see them. It looks like most avatars are designed to compliment the dark theme.

I use the dark theme.
What about you?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dark. The light theme makes my eyes ache after a long day, even if I dim the back light.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Dark, its easier to read long term IMO

link   
a reply to: Noncents

My guess is the majority of people use Dark because the Light version makes me snow blind.

link   
Dark, so it's not so bright when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, then I don't wake my child.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Dark. The contrast is better. I wish more people paid attention to this. The default in the avatar section appears to be light green on light gray, which is almost impossible to read.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I prefer dark, for the sake of my eyes.
One old brand of word-processor used to have green screens, for the same reason.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Dark all the way. I tried to like the white for a good month somehow... Didn't work.
but every now and then just for a little ATS mood change I''ll flip it on for a bit.

dark is more cozy and easy on the eyes.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The darker, not only because the light is too bright for me, also it seems more of a classic fashion of the site in more recent years. That is unless I want to use an avatar theme that looks better with the light setting-then adjusting the computer's contrast is no issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Dark , it's a conspiracy site , right ?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dark. My ATS visitations are mostly on my ailing smartphone and the light version is just too lurid. If I could choose my own colours and tones from a colour wheel I'd probably go full black or a very dark blue.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
All right, so far it's 11-0 for the dark side.

I incorrectly assumed folks like schuyler with the white background used the light theme.

And, gortex and dreamingawake, excellent responses! I too associate the dark theme with the older ATS and conspiracy thinking in general.

Keep 'em coming folks. There's got to be some of you light users out there, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Only the dark theme mate. The white is too glaring.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Dark. Softer on the eyes when you just woke up and start browsing at 4 a.m.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nobody uses light.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

I incorrectly assumed folks like schuyler with the white background used the light theme.

For the contrast. Take a look at our own avatar. It has black print on top of the pic. You can't read it unless you highlight it. It's nearly invisible. And your stats are the usual green on gray--very difficult to read.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
The black text up top was intentional. It gets in the way of the graphics. I would turn it off if I could.

Regarding the colors of the stat box, how do you change that? It doesn't look like there's an option for that on the account settings page.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Try the Dark. Then we can rule the universe as father and son!

PS - The Emperor has foreseen it!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Dark. It is easier on my eyes and makes it look cooler. More conspiratorial. Seriously.

And I'm nothing if not cool...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dark..It's easier on My greydazed eyes..:] And like many have said this site is supposed to be dark,and spooky..Not a bright and luminous site.
edit on 10-2-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join