It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other side

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
(Note: I'm not a writer. This is the first short story I've written apart from my funny ode to zika dude/dudette. Any criticism is very much welcomed.)

How long ago did I leave?

Minutes?
Hours?
Weeks?
Years?

The ship looks old and hums a pleasant tune.

"I'm getting close to the edge now." I think to myself as it echoes in my mind.

"I'm almost there." I think to myself as it rebounds like a ball through my thoughts.

As I get closer to the edge, I search through the blackness to find anything I recognise.

I SEE SOMETHING

My eyes lock onto this speck in the distance. It gets bigger and closer and bigger still.

Finally, I recognise something. I see....myself. I'm looking at myself on the other side, looking at myself. Like two mirrors reflecting off of each other into infinity.

A wave washes over me as I realise that I finally know what's on the other side.

Everything else.
edit on 922017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

S&F, well done Sir, for your 1st.
There is a great Pearl Jam song that shares this title. To me, it seems written from the perspective of a deceased person. Almost depicting being trapped in a sort of pergatory. Great song and story, though the lyrics are a bit gloomy.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Thanks.

My first thread in here was a short satirical piece, so it doesn't really count lol.

To me, it's about a journey to the edge of the universe. But I did purposely leave out key words so it can be interpreted by the reader however they want. Imagination fills in the blanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Nice job. I sent you a PM on this.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That was really cool. Great build up and imagination. Could be expanded for the Atlantic Monthly, etc. You can really write.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Cheers. Already replied (as you know lol)

a reply to: Justso
I don't know about that. Never tried writing stories or anything before. Going to wait and see what the next context theme is on here though. I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for the compliment

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well done!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Good job! It would be great to read a continuation for this short story.

new topics

top topics

join