It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Crimea was always Russian!” France’s Marine Le Pen schools CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Priceless. I just love it when someone stands up and tells people about the History of what it really is, not like those who stand on the side of the MSM who have made it their life long goal to twist the truth in order to fit their idealistic self serving reality which isn't the reality of it at all.

C rimea was always Russian

CNN’s Christiane Amanpour didn’t look too happy while interviewing France’s presidential frontrunner Marine Le Pen over the weekend. Amanpour interrupted Le Pen 5 times in a 3-minute segment and was clearly irritated by her objections to the fake news narrative on Ukraine and Crimea.

Here is how the conversation went:

Snippet.

Amanpour: Does it not bother you that a big country broke international law and invaded and annexed a small country?

Le Pen: There was a coup d’etat in Ukraine…(interrupted)

Amanpour: That’s what you think?

Le Pen: It’s not just what I think, it’s the reality. There was a coup d’etat. There was an agreement among different nations and the next day this agreement was broken and some people took power…(interrupted)

Amanpour: After the invasion and the annexation…Yes!

Le Pen: There was no invasion of Crimea…(interrupted)

Amanpour: But they [Russia] annexed Crimea! It was part of Ukraine! And the French were part of the deal that guaranteed the independence of Ukraine in 1994.

Le Pen: Crimea was Russian. It has always been Russian…(interrupted)

edit on 7-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
Priceless. I just love it when someone stands up and tells people about the History of what it really is, not those who stand on the side of the MSM who have made it their life long goal to twist the truth in order to fit their idealistic self serving reality which isn't the reality of it at all.

C rimea was always Russian

CNN’s Christiane Amanpour didn’t look too happy while interviewing France’s presidential frontrunner Marine Le Pen over the weekend. Amanpour interrupted Le Pen 5 times in a 3-minute segment and was clearly irritated by her objections to the fake news narrative on Ukraine and Crimea.

Here is how the conversation went:

Snippet.

Amanpour: Does it not bother you that a big country broke international law and invaded and annexed a small country?

Le Pen: There was a coup d’etat in Ukraine…(interrupted)

Amanpour: That’s what you think?

Le Pen: It’s not just what I think, it’s the reality. There was a coup d’etat. There was an agreement among different nations and the next day this agreement was broken and some people took power…(interrupted)

Amanpour: After the invasion and the annexation…Yes!

Le Pen: There was no invasion of Crimea…(interrupted)

Amanpour: But they [Russia] annexed Crimea! It was part of Ukraine! And the French were part of the deal that guaranteed the independence of Ukraine in 1994.

Le Pen: Crimea was Russian. It has always been Russian…(interrupted)

Boy she really did not like those answers. All true but they did not fit the narrative of the left media so had to be wrong! S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Indeed she did not lol.

It's moments like these that make me smile.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Priceless. Seems some folks really want to "revise history ."
Wonder why Amanpour failed to mention who was behind that coup in Ukraine. Lol how about all the other uprisings during the so called Arab spring? Breaking international law? Big country invading a smaller country?

Priceless

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This line is only half-true.
Crimea had always belonged to Russia once they conquered it from the Turks in the eighteenth century.

edit on 7-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This line is only half-true.
Crimea had always belonged to Russia once they conquered it from the Turks in the eighteenth century.

So should it be returned to Turkey? Should America be returned to my ancestors"American Indians"?

link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That was almost 300 yrs ago. The same argument could be said in support of the Natives in North America, or a number of other groups around the planet.

The difference is here, that it's now. Not 300 yrs ago. We live in a totally different thinking world now. It's not the same thing.

+1 more 
link   
Russia interferes in numerous democratic elections all across Europe?

What the hell?

CNN should be banned and/or shut down. Bloody fakes news.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

That was almost 300 yrs ago

She used the word "always". The word "always" stretches back longer than 300 years.

I am happy to concede, though, that the connection between Ukraine and Crimea was a late accident (Ukraine was taken over by the Czars from the state of Poland-Lithuania).

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
So should it be returned to Turkey? Should America be returned to my ancestors"American Indians"?

Without making any judgements about what should happen, I was disputing the use of the word "always".
This thread is in "History", not "Politics", and the statement including that word is not historically accurate.

edit on 7-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You're using 'always' to support this? Really?

I could always argue that point as well. I remember when the word 'Sick' meant to be sick, as in vomit.
Now it means 'Cool', apparently.

So, you can use terminology but simply said, the same rules now are not the rules that applied 300 yrs ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yes, i especially noticed as another poster mentioned here, how mildly hostile Amanpour became when Le Pen stated it as fact, which it is while Le Pen stayed calm throughout the interview.
edit on 7-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Without making any judgements about what should happen, I was disputing the use of the word "always".

Yes but we all know the world was a different place "once upon a time". The statement in the video was clearly not referring to "once upon a time". The fact that Crimea was Russian is only half of it though. The people voted DEMOCRATICALLY to be part of Russia. The only problem is that that doesn't fit with the NWO agenda.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You're using 'always' to support this? Really?

What exactly do you mean by "this"? There is no "this" in my case, except that the word "always" is not historically accurate.
I am not using that statement to support any other viewpoint. In a historical discussion, getting the history straight is an end in its own right.
This is the History forum, where I am arguing History, not Politics.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Crimea belonged to Ukraine, regardless of the history. That was the international recognition. Russia was a belligerent who has acted to destabilise Ukraine and annex Crimea. Only punitive EU sanctions has curtailed further overt Russian interference.

The fact that Le Pen's Font national part party is dependent of foreign (Russian) bank loans to support her 2017 campaigns may be the real cause of her outspoken views. This Russian support is evidenced fact.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes but we all know the world was a different place "once upon a time". The statement in the video was clearly not referring to "once upon a time". The fact that Crimea was Russian is only half of it though. The people voted DEMOCRATICALLY to be part of Russia. The only problem is that that doesn't fit with the NWO agenda.

As I pointed out in a late addition to my reply, this is the History forum.
I am not trying to argue politics. I am just getting the history straight.
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, "Crimea has always belonged to Russia is not an accurate historical statement.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Before Turkey, it was Turkic tribes / Mongol / Gothic / Sycthian / Roman / Greek.

"Always" Russian though!

You are quite correct, this is the History forum, not a Political forum. As such, always really should mean always, otherwise we are dealing in speculation, not historical fact.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I could always argue that point as well. I remember when the word 'Sick' meant to be sick, as in vomit. Now it means 'Cool', apparently

I would doubt that a professional journalist and politician would be using " always " as a slang word.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It means what it means, i explained it to you in my last post. What you're doing is arguing the semantics. Now, regarding what's going on right now in real time, like the op and others have stated...

The People Voted Democratically!

Their voice was stiffled by the assholes who run the MSM and other asses with the Monetary funding to push 'their' note THEIR agendas upon anothers Sovereign and Demoratic turf. Not Cool!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Then you've completely missed the entire point. And you need to go back and re read everyones replies until you understand that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join