It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Done Searching

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
With 3000000 members and being stuck after the year of elections on the social-political level. Unable to dig deeper into pizzagate. I find myself loosing interest in alternative topics. Ufology,the paranormal,free energy,cure against cancer it all looks like some kind of taboe here on ATS.

Is it just me or are the days of interesting reads on ATS over. There are about a baziljon posts about how bad trump is for Amerika. I don't get it ? This guy wants to make Amerika great what's wrong with that ? Closing the doors for evil what's wrong with that ?

The general consensus on ATS is in my opinion left-winged narrow minded and mainstream it used to be different. I had the hope that everything would return to normal after the elections but it just got worse or...

Or did I grow up ? Now seeing that 96 percent of ATS is bull and memes nothing more. Ok I have my own weird theory about 'ufos' and that might be bull too so I'm to blame too. But a long time ago I was really serious in solving the ufo mystery. Even interviewed pygmees and went to kola. Very interesting stuff but why share ? I would just make some noise nothing more. It all comes down that I'm done with searching for the unknown...

Dont get me wrong I dont blame it on ATS if anything ATS has opened my eyes for what really is going on , it's just me I'm done searching...

edit on 272017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
How about starting some threads about those topics you are missing. I agree about too much political threads maybe it could be called Above Trumps Secrets instead of.
Over to you.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Do what I do, find some paywall protected groups involving the topics you want to dig into, and join them.

Paywalled forums are almost shill-proof.

ATS is entertainment news. It's still superior to the mainstream outlets because it does allow discussion. There is a reason comment sections are vanishing across the fake news industry.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
How about starting some threads about those topics you are missing. I agree about too much political threads maybe it could be called Above Trumps Secrets instead of.
Over to you.

That is the old response that has nothing to say...

We hear your response (as well as others members) time after time about "How about creating a quality thread etc etc etc...)

It is becoming extremely TEDIOUS for certain international members...

Any thread or post that has nothing to do with US politics is automatically drowned by the insane quantity of US politics posts here...

People have tried creating threads in other forums here and still certain US members have to bang in their political opinions and FLOOD the main page.

I don't want to hear people that say 'well try going to other forums"... all those forums are too old now (and sometimes spammed out by the political people here) and people are losing interest in the conspiracy and other subject side of ATS...

I even made a complaint about a US political thread about the Superbowl (that should have been in US sports or US politics etc...) and Trump this week which was completely ignored by a Super moderator that contributed to that thread too???)

I miss the REAL ATS...

But whatever... Maybe ATS ownership (private company) have realised that political threads bring more money in to the site?

Sadly

Lags
edit on 7-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Post will probably be deleted

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

But a long time ago I was really serious in solving the ufo mystery.

Me too , sadly it was this site that helped me do that.

I too have been frustrated by Trumpageddon and its effect here but realise these are historic times and Trump and his pronouncements touch us all in one way or another.
Trump is not the only game in town on this site you just need to filter it out if you don't wish to take part in it , other interesting topics are still being posted.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

There is a ton (maybe not a ton) of new threads I would like to start but I am so computer iliterate that I can't add links required to start one. I have only just learnt how to put a youtube video in my replys after being on here for a few years.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
a reply to: Lagomorphe

There is a ton (maybe not a ton) of new threads I would like to start but I am so computer iliterate that I can't add links required to start one. I have only just learnt how to put a youtube video in my replys after being on here for a few years.

To add a link from a computer just copy and paste the address of the link you want to add which can be found on your search bar (the address which starts with HTPP or WWW

Hope this helps?

Warmest

Lags

edit on 7-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

They made it a lot easier. Everything I do on here is from my phone.

Just use that button with the arrow coming out of the square. The first box will be the words you want to call the link, and the second box is the link.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the help every botty. I would really like to do a thread on my art one day but all my photo on my phone are to large to download or upload whatever. But hey I will try to start a thread soon.
Good night all.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Do what I do, find some paywall protected groups involving the topics you want to dig into, and join them.

Paywalled forums are almost shill-proof.

ATS is entertainment news. It's still superior to the mainstream outlets because it does allow discussion. There is a reason comment sections are vanishing across the fake news industry.

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks for the tip

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Make sure that you have any addblocking software disabled, then the upload function works perfectly.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

First, this is not a site dedicated exclusively to the esoteric, the paranormal, the strange and the otherworldly. This is a site dedicated to the discussion of a range of topics, which include those things, but are not limited to them.
Second, if a major incident occurred, for example, a UFO landing, a first contact situation, there would be nothing else going on, traffic wise on this website, other than discussion of it. Of that, you can be damned sure. The discussion, debate, sharing of the experience, would go on for AGES after the event had occurred, and depending on how things worked out during the first contact situation, might not end for years. Hell, we still discuss events that occurred thousands, sometimes millions and even billions of years ago here!

Big news does not stop getting discussed, and when a nation elects a phobic, pathological liar, a tyrant who does not respect the independence of the judiciary, does not engage with congress, believes that he has the authority to do whatever he pleases without being held to account, and when that nation that elects that individual happens to be referred to as a Superpower, that news does not stop being relevant, the issues it creates do not stop happening, and the discussion of these things will not cease.

Put another way, perhaps when there is nothing to discuss, the discussion will end. I highly doubt that the fellow will stop making choices which threaten liberty and freedom, truth and justice, the things that liars and fools call the American way. As long as the man continues to threaten these things, he will be news.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I would love to see a 48 hour Political Thread black out.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

heres a start for you , sad that the author seems to have got himself banned .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second instalment .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

when a nation elects a phobic, pathological liar, a tyrant who does not respect the independence of the judiciary, does not engage with congress, believes that he has the authority to do whatever he pleases without being held to account

I take it that is your opinion and you're welcome to it, is John Bercow your twin brother?

Just asking

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Actually no, I am not a relation of Mr Bercow.

What is more, I have disagreed with him on many occasions before on various matters, both as Speaker, and indeed previously, when he was but a lowly MP. He has been a Conservative all of his adult life, so naturally, he and I have some very different attitudes as to how things ought to get done about the place, but on this matter, I think he is absolutely justified to think as he does, and say what he did about his thinking on the subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Ok I have my own weird theory about 'ufos' and that might be bull too so I'm to blame too. But a long time ago I was really serious in solving the ufo mystery. Even interviewed pygmees and went to kola. Very interesting stuff but why share ? I would just make some noise nothing more. It all comes down that I'm done with searching for the unknown...

Omg, share your experiences please. I can't speak for others, but I find that subject fascinating. Maybe, if you have found everything your looking for, it would be good for you to help others do the same. The student becomes the teacher scenario.

If you do decide to share and make a thread on it..please PM me..I would very much like to read it. And as you said, it is difficult to work through the political threads right now to find stuff...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

First, this is not a site dedicated exclusively to the esoteric, the paranormal, the strange and the otherworldly. This is a site dedicated to the discussion of a range of topics, which include those things, but are not limited to them.
Second, if a major incident occurred, for example, a UFO landing, a first contact situation, there would be nothing else going on, traffic wise on this website, other than discussion of it. Of that, you can be damned sure. The discussion, debate, sharing of the experience, would go on for AGES after the event had occurred, and depending on how things worked out during the first contact situation, might not end for years. Hell, we still discuss events that occurred thousands, sometimes millions and even billions of years ago here!

Big news does not stop getting discussed, and when a nation elects a phobic, pathological liar, a tyrant who does not respect the independence of the judiciary, does not engage with congress, believes that he has the authority to do whatever he pleases without being held to account, and when that nation that elects that individual happens to be referred to as a Superpower, that news does not stop being relevant, the issues it creates do not stop happening, and the discussion of these things will not cease.

Put another way, perhaps when there is nothing to discuss, the discussion will end. I highly doubt that the fellow will stop making choices which threaten liberty and freedom, truth and justice, the things that liars and fools call the American way. As long as the man continues to threaten these things, he will be news.

welll... uh right I guess . In that sense ATS has changed...

a nation elects a phobic, pathological liar, a tyrant who does not respect the independence of the judiciary

Well I'm stuck on the social/political level again. I guess you mean president Trump. Name calling feels good doesn't it
Look I dont know the guy (Trump) and you don't know him either. but he looks like a decent human being with all the imperfections a human being has. I like his message 'make Amerika great again'.

hmmm pathological liar ??? for now I see he does exactly what he has promised... Obama was quite different in that respect.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You're not looking. If you're opening up to see... or to hot or live... You're missing all the new current threads started minute to minute.

Go to NEW first to them which are all there everyday... or go directly to FORUMS for those favs of yours!

Best... MS

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Thats great. He does what he said he is going to do.

Brilliant.

Except that his reasoning for what he has said he is going to do, is a tissue of lies. Go and fact check his statements. Be rigorous. If his reasoning for wanting to do a thing is not solid, if the reasons he gives you for wanting to do a thing are false, then why is he doing the thing? It cannot be because he believes it to be a good idea, because good ideas can be justified with facts, not lies.

More than seventy percent of the mans statements in the last two years, have been lies, salted with inaccuracies, and garnished with inference. On the back of those lies, inaccuracies, and inferences, he has gained the White House. When the man utters forth in public, do you want the President of your nation to tell you the absolute truth about why he is doing what he is doing, did you want something different than you had?
edit on 7-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join