It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide strike against Trump planned for February 17 gains traction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

The only thing I assumed is that you did not (still)read the source. It's pretty new judging from the comments of the actual page.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Mc D's probably want the strike so they can finish rolling out the Kiosks and dispensers

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The “demands” of the strike listed on the event page are enumerated:

1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral, the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls.

2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.

3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It’s the only one we’ve got.

4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.

5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.

Well that's just precious that some EPIC cognitive dissonance there.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Lol so this will be the thing that gets Trump impeached! Just don't go to work or buy things for a day, that's the ticket! At least it's not setting fires, vandalizing and looting stores etc. I'll give the regressives that much!

link   

How can people that don't work go on strike?

link   

thats funny, i don't remember anyone accusing members of the tea party of not being employed when they were having their protests.

i would also like to point out that had hilary won there would have been just as many protests and butthurt from trump supporters and the alt-right. alex jones would have marched down pennsylvania ave playing the flute with an army of people behind him and you know it!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The “demands” of the strike listed on the event page are enumerated:

1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral, the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls.

2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.

3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It’s the only one we’ve got.

4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.

5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.

Well that's just precious that some EPIC cognitive dissonance there.

Hmm. Obama had immigration controls (when he felt like it) and bombed muslims. Didn't have health care for all, did nothing about the global gag rule, had many pipelines.

I wonder why they are only protesting now?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I wonder why they are only protesting now?

Their Soros funded paypal accounts prolly cleared.
edit on 6-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

thats funny, i don't remember anyone accusing members of the tea party of not being employed when they were having their protests.

i would also like to point out that had hilary won there would have been just as many protests and butthurt from trump supporters and the alt-right. alex jones would have marched down pennsylvania ave playing the flute with an army of people behind him and you know it!!!

First I will give you an olive branch in that I have worked fast food, and it was one of the most nerve racking difficult jobs I ever had (because you had to deal with the public).

I will never make fun of anyone who is attempting to work for a living. I may think there demands are ridiculous, but hey, they are working.

As to your second point, I think you are wrong about the context of it. Many people would have been mad, and maybe marched.

But there is indication we would have seen the riots like we are now. Conservatives HATED Obama, and we saw nothing like this at all for 8 years.

2 weeks of Trump have brought more destruction and violence from "protestors" than 8 years of Obama.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

My point exactly!

I think they assume that because they and their friends are angry about someone putting America first that the rest of us working people are angry as well...they will be disappointed.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This means (if followed through) Fast Food locations are not unionized (not mentioning right to work States) that there will be a massive number of job openings.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

i would also like to point out that had hilary won there would have been just as many protests and butthurt from trump supporters and the alt-right.

Nice 'straw man' argument there.

I seriously doubt that would have happened because people like me don't protest. We are too busy living our lives and enjoying the company of our families.
edit on 2017/2/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

i don't protest either but i applaud those that do peacefully. the idiots out there resorting to violence are ruining the message the majority of protesters are trying to express.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
they can go for it

hopefully they get fired and than someone who needs a job gets theirs

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I will work all day, then go home and eat a rib eye and then enjoy a 12 year old scotch.

Punk ass bitches.

You're so cool grandpa

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

i don't protest either but i applaud those that do peacefully. the idiots out there resorting to violence are ruining the message the majority of protesters are trying to express.

I don't need to protest.

I vote instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So they giving up their unemployment and welfare checks now .

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I think they assume that because they and their friends are angry ......the rest of us working people are angry as well...they will be disappointed.

I snipped your quote a little bit... hope you don't mind... because I think you summed it up PERFECTLY.

Those who have jobs and careers and potential for the future and families they care about all-in-all are NOT out there acting like crybaby maniacs. We are working our careers to take care of our families while trying to secure a future.

Losers aren't losers overnight. It takes years of sitting around doing nothing while their piers are out there busting their rear ends.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Kettu
This is the first I've ever heard of it.

And I read some pretty darn liberal news.

Seems like more conservative fear mongering/hype to me.

Clearly, you did not read the source or you would have found this.

The site to the actual event.

Deny Ignorance.

I've heard that there are also websites for butt-hurt losers to sign on for a career in protesting and trouble-making, with cash bonuses if you hurt a Trump supporter, or set yourself on fire.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: conspiracy nut

i would also like to point out that had hilary won there would have been just as many protests and butthurt from trump supporters and the alt-right.

Nice 'straw man' argument there.

I seriously doubt that would have happened because people like me don't protest. We are too busy living our lives and enjoying the company of our families.

Right! Besides, if Hillary had won, her supporters would be holding nightly candle-light vigils, praying for her to get over the fainting-spells and seizures, so she could relieve Acting-President Kaine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join