It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide strike against Trump planned for February 17 gains traction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
This is the first I've ever heard of it.
Like...where do I sign up.

I read some pretty darn liberal news.

Would you like fries with that?

Ummm...what...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Probably do the world some good,those overweight liberal's will have to learn how to cook for themselves,and yes the conservatives will be too busy doing their jobs to notice,next we will hear how protestors should get paid 15 dollars an hour lol

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So... you have a problem with freedom of speech after all? You have a problem with the freedom to assemble? You have a problem with WORKING PEOPLE making a statement?

You must, therefore, have some pretty anti-workforce opinions, if you have a problem with strike actions like these. That is to be expected of corporatist supporters of the oligarchy I suppose.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So... you have a problem with freedom of speech after all? You have a problem with the freedom to assemble?

Ummm...Hey True...To be that...true I mean...one would realize it's not their freedom of assembly or speech that begs the question...

You know as well as I...that Metallicus and the vast majority of those you might consider right of center...are all for peaceful protest and giving voice to whatever qualm they might choose to vent...

It's this damned anarchic smash and burn...thieve and beat into unconscious submission...where the line is drawn...

I know you pay attention...you've seen almost everyone of these protests...devolve into riot...you've seen the rioters go out of their way to seek and destroy...

Perhaps it just gets tiresome to watch this wanton destruction and a person might get jaded and think...here they go again...what now...who's car or home are they burning tonight...how many that believe differently are we going to read about with lacerations or concussions or worse...

By all means...peacefully gather and protest your life away if that's how you choose to occupy your time...
But violence begets violence...This push to violently overthrow will eventually be met with enough is enough...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Just noticed why some protestors with complete face covers are not apprehended. These are the violent ones that destroy properties and harmful to bystanders. I think the authorities should focus more on how to identify them. Maybe these are also the paid demonstrators that are being shuttled in to the areas.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I do NOT know that Metallicus and the vast majority of right of centre members here, believe in peaceful protest, or even in the constitution of the US. They seem unable to make up their minds in the least whether they support its every amendment, or not most of the time. Love the second, infringe on the first, do not really support elements of the fourth either, unless the victim of whatever infringement of the same happens to be a right winger... Basically, I cannot KNOW any such thing, and throwing their support behind Trump, a man who literally does not believe that he has to abide by the law, that he can write new ones and enforce them without reference to other bodies and branches of government, would make any reasonable person question their belief in the constitution or the law.

As for protests turning violent, I would like to point out the following. It is beyond stupid to suggest that all the violence that has been seen during protests by left wing demonstrators, has been the issue of those demonstrators, and not of agent provocateurs, infiltrators either government sponsored, or pressed into service by the far right groups, speakers, and political movements, that these protests oppose. This tactic is wide spread, gets used by law enforcement, intelligence agencies and so on, to delegitimise an otherwise legitimate protest. There is, as yet, no way to show that the violence you are speaking of, is not a result of such counter activist activity, and I would be inclined to believe, since the tactic is so widespread as to be ubiquitous, that it IS the result of counter activist activity.

On top of that, it is important to note that any "kettling" or other constrictive tactic deployed by counter-protest teams in law enforcement, is tantamount to incitement to riot. A protest MUST be permitted by law enforcement to continue, without even a HINT of opposition, because at the first point a protest is prevented from carrying its grievances where it may, the law has been broken by the representatives of the state, and that is demanding trouble, not just asking for it.

Further to that, its true that I have seen an awful lot of property damage, yelling, shoving, perhaps some fisticuffs and general melee combat. I have only seen one person shot at a protest regarding Trump however, and that shooting was carried out by a person who evaporated into the crowd. The victim was protesting against a talk being held by a man who, although homosexual, holds far right attitudes and has no defence against being called a preacher of hate, other than the fact that he is not a member of any kind of clergy.

It may very well be tiresome, to see people exercising their rights, but it is not nearly as tiresome as seeing their protests infiltrated by intelligence/law enforcement affiliated agent provocateurs, it is not nearly as tiresome as seeing that tactic actually work (because it does... it not only allows police to treat genuine protests as riots, but changes public perception too). It is not nearly as tiresome either, as the fact that these people have been placed in a position where they feel they need to protest, and you have to understand, right here and now, that these people DO have a legitimate reason to protest, that their concerns are NOT unfounded, that there is absolutely NO reason for these people to go home, or to not come out, or why they ought to be a damned sight more confident in their nations leader than they are. There is no reason for these people to trust that the minority of the nation (that is, people who voted Trump) are not going to take his election as a signal to increase their bashing of innocent people, based on race, sexuality, gender identity, and the like. There is no reason to expect the country to become ever less phobic, weak, and far right, under Trump, no reason to expect that the experience of being American will improve for the majority of voters what so ever.

There is every reason to expect that by the end of his Presidency, Donald J. Trump, will have damaged the constitution enormously, or ignored it entirely to the detriment of the nation. There is every reason to expect that far right attitudes will be normalised all to hell, and given the same time as actual legitimate political discourse, which to clarify, must never happen in a modern, educated nation. There is every reason to expect that LGBT persons WILL consider themselves at greater threat of oppression under his presidency, and that is NOT an unfounded consideration , but an absolutely legitimate one. There is every reason to expect that womens rights WILL be damaged by this president, with specific regard to their access to family planning and abortion services under the spotlight. There is absolutely no reason that ANY of the left wing protests that have occurred, should not have occurred, not a single valid reason what so ever. The people involved have been given clear indication from the attitudes expressed, the actions taken by Mr Trump, not to mention his underlings utterances, that their country is being run by people who are fundamentally opposed to equality under the law, fairness, decency, or any laudable virtue of any kind.

In short, if you do not like protests, riots, chaos, then perhaps you ought to deal with the people who make those protests necessary, the Neo Nazi apologists, the race haters, the anti-LGBT crowd, the pro-life fundamentalists, or even the President of the United States himself, among others? There is no reason for the protests to end, or shrink, unless the concerns of the protestors are dealt with. As long as the minority of far right psychotics still cause ire, there will and should be protest. The solution therefore, seems relatively simple. Keep the far right out of politics, make sure everyone understands that far right is still totally wrong, that it will NEVER be permitted to seek or gain power in the US of A, and that everyone who is living in the USA can live there knowing that your nation will ALWAYS be pro-freedom, pro-liberty, and anti inequality. Make sure your President is there to represent ALL Americans in thought, word AND deed.

He sure as hell is not right now. He has stranded a hundred thousand lawful residents of your country abroad, he has attacked the judiciary (who are NOT obligated to follow his edicts, if they are unlawful), simply because they refused to comply with an illegal request, the vast majority of the things he says are, and this is not something that can be put up for debate, ABSOLUTE LIES, and not a damned thing he has done since gaining office, has dealt with any of the concerns about morality and ethics that people have, about his Presidency or the movement that made it possible. People should be worried about that, and they should protest when they have that sort of concern.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Further to that, its true that I have seen an awful lot of property damage, yelling, shoving, perhaps some fisticuffs and general melee combat. I have only seen one person shot at a protest regarding Trump however, and that shooting was carried out by a person who evaporated into the crowd. The victim was protesting against a talk being held by a man who, although homosexual, holds far right attitudes and has no defence against being called a preacher of hate, other than the fact that he is not a member of any kind of clergy.

whelp cant get youtube videos to load.
That was a case of pure self defense, it has been analyzed quite a bit, cant get any vid to load about the subject.
The shooter was attacked unsuspected, then 4 guys were holding onto him. He then fired one shot. Likely saving himself from a hospital visit.
edit on 7-2-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ummm...I'm sorry my friend...your just being disingenuous...

Glad to see a Brit so concerned about our Constitution...
Perhaps you could start a movement over there to have it adopted...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I've found that the Media are nothing more than Spin Doctors and love to pump up aggressive tactics to 'put the people back in their places, which is under the thumb of the thugs running half the planet'.

They also use brainwashing techniques which unfortunately, easily conned people are tricked without effort. Just how these guys like it.

This may create enough anger that a revolution could take place because of their continuous meddling in various areas of our Society.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Show me.

Show me a reason for these protestors to do anything else, than turn out. There is not one, and you know there is not.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It is a cheap excuse by the left so they can spend the day mining dumpsters for edibles

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How can unemployed liberal arts majors even go on strike?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They should totally use this on Rioters...I mean protestors...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Show me.

Show me a reason for these protestors to do anything else, than turn out. There is not one, and you know there is not.

So, TrueBrit, it's fine when Obama made similer travel bans, I believe 12 or 15 of them over the course of his terms. It was fine when Bush Jr. did it as well, and Bill Clinton, and Bush Sr.

But Trump does it and its not acceptable?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

No it was not fine. Nothing has been fine with the US government for a very long time. Since at least 1913 in fact, but hey, lets keep the BS train rolling, and immediately bring up the previous administration, every time THIS one does something pants on head stupid? Great idea, that way nothing ever changes, nothing improves, things only get worse and harder to resolve, and the puppet masters get precisely the show they wanted either way. Well done.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join