It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer on Melissa McCarthy's SNL impression: "dial it back".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Exclusive: White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer Reacts to Melissa McCarthy's 'SNL' Skit.

Spicer told "Extra" exclusively he felt the impression was a little exaggerated. His advice was that McCarthy "needs to slow down on the gum chewing; way too many pieces in there." Though he thought it was a really "funny" show, he felt that McCarthy "could dial back" a bit.

"Alec has gone from funny to mean, and that's unfortunate. 'SNL' used to be really funny. There's a streak of meanness now that they've crossed over to mean."

During the interview, it seems like Spicer is relatively "normal" about the SNL skits.

But as the interview continues, he says that SNL is being "mean" and then says that McCarthy could "dial" it "back a bit".

I wouldn't take this as a "warning" but I am a little puzzled about his comment.

Did she strike a nerve? Was her impression a little too accurate in a funny yet embarrassing way?

If this is the case, I dont know that a comedy show should be the ones to change.

Is Spicer in need of a little more professionalism? Some might say that the entire Trump administration could be a bit more professional.

For those of you who may not have seen it, here is the SNL skit in question:

edit on 6-2-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Spicer and Trump = Snowflakes.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That was pretty funny..at least Spicer didn't call for the cancellation of SNL.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
No choice but to laugh at that. Sean Spicer should have nothing more to say than funny/apt.
Who wrote the script? Was it Bannon.

edit on 6-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

How would you describe then the mental instability of the left at about 30 seconds after Trump hit 270 votes, Blizzard?

edit on 6-2-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Maybe it's just me but Spicer doesn't seem that upset to me...

The skit was hilarious! The whole point is to go overboard. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled but he didn't seem upset...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Weak move spicer.
he shouldve out spicer-ed the impersonation.
Woulda come off as impervious and won the troll battle. Maybe even couldve spawned a few dank memes.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Did SNL ever do skits that made fun of Obama or his Administration? I haven't watched Saturday Night Live since Garret Morris was there.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I never watch SNL, I never thought it was funny (didn't have tv as a kid, maybe some kinda developmentally thing).

I actually thought this skit was pretty funny. It's not even remotely close to what I've seen Spicer do, but it was a humorous "based on a true story" kinda thing that was close enough I could recognize what was happening.

Probably the funny part is how insanely far off the parody was from reality. Pure fiction and quite entertaining.

I think Spicer has a super hard job and is doing pretty well, all things considered.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Good one. Nobody saw that coming. Did you just make that up today?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They have roasted every pres and for that matter whomever draws the attention..the skits write themselves at that point.

I loved Garret Morris's news for the hard of hearing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Maybe it's just me but Spicer doesn't seem that upset to me...

The skit was hilarious! The whole point is to go overboard. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled but he didn't seem upset...

And what? none of the other remarks he made are in the Fox clip, it's a happy families clip.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Is there verification that it was actually Melissa McCarthy in the skit, and not Spicer himself?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Amy Pohler did a frantic Hillery Clinton. But this new gal, Kate McKinnon, took over the Hillery bits and was unflinchingly nasty in her portrayal. Had her as a paranoid power hungry bitch that went from show to show. Funny funny stuff.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

No, I got the inspiration on the anniversary of the Bowling Green Massacre, why?
edit on 7-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

In other words. If you heard it on CNN they pay you .25 every time you say it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
he felt the impression was a little exaggerated? really? did he mistake SNL with a serious documentary?

that's the whole point of SNL's characters. They're ALL exaggerated. LOL

Why even waste the time/energy responding to a skit on SNL? Are they really that worried about it?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
Are they really that worried about it?

Yes.

Yes, they are.

Apprentice ratings, SNL skits, and crowd sizes are VERY serious issues to this administration.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Don't forget hand size. They are all snowflakey over that too. Poor victims, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. They can dish it out but not take it. How's that Obamacare repeal coming?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join