It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's been 26 hours since I quit smoking...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
...and I need some encouragement guys. I'm so tempted to pop down the street and buy some. I've quit before a few times and lasted quite a while. And I know the first week is the worst. Once you get past that its becomes easier...but you can never really let your guard down, can you? Help me out will ya - tell me your stories of success - 'cause right now I'm ... :bnghd::bnghd:

Thanks...merci....obrigada....grazie...gracias....

Congrats... It will 6 years im May since i stopped smoking.

My best advice is to just not buy them at all... there is really not a formula... try candy, sometimes sugar helps stop the cravings... coffef can help as well, and if you can buy vitamin ESTER C, and drink it daily... vitamin C is wonderfull to fight addiction, its even used in drug-recovery clinics.

Best wishes to you....keep it up, and if you need to you can U2U me ...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am going to QUIT SMOKING!!!

I used to joke to my friends, "It's easy, I've done it a hundred times...".

But I'm really serious this time. I enjoy smoking. But the adverse health effects, I would not enjoy. Not to mention, cigarettes are becoming very expensive where I live. Just in the last 6 months, tax on a pack of smokes went up U.S.$1.20!!! So now, cigarettes are costing around U.S.$7.50!!!

I smoke TWO PACKS A DAY!!! Do the math...Thats U.S.$450.00 per month!

For Chrissake, my rent is U.S.$500.00 per month for comparison.

So in the long run it would be a major plus.

Well, before I stray to far off topic, I'm gonna go.

So, wish me luck. I'll need all the support and encouragement I can get.

:bnghd:
:bnghd:
That's what I feel like right now, and it's only been 9 hours...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Good luck, Larry.
You can do it. No matter what, don't give in. You'll be going through this at some point if you're serious about quitting, best get it out of the way so you can save all that money and start feeling healthier. You can do it.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I just quit dipping tobacco, about 4 days ago. I had been doing it for close to 6 years. I honestly dont know how my cravings arent hitting me really hard. They are there, but its not as bad as I thought they would be. I think you just have to think of it like that, its not as bad as it could be. Just keep poundin, you can do it.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread. Don't give up! I quit six months ago. I'm still chewing nicotine gum like mad, but hey...I smell better. When you finally get your sense of smell back you will realize quickly how strong the odor of a smoker is to a non-smoker.

NC

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that the idea has caught on so well.Good luck to all and just remember one day at a time and if you are having really bad craving than take it one minute at a time and hay it is okay to slip because one of these days you won't cheat and hay that will be the day.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was a pack a day smoker for 8+ years. This june it will be 4 years without even one puff of a cigarette. TRUST ME...if i can do it, anyone can. Just put your mind to it, and realize that this is going to be a minute to minute battle with yourself for a long long time. Try not to look too far ahead, i literally looked at it minute by minute in the beginning. Also for every day you havent smoked, think of how many cigarettes you would have, add that number up, and after a couple weeks you'll be astonished at how many cigarettes you USED TO SMOKE!!! It rough, and trust me, your anxiety, and your ease of agitation will greatly change in the beginning, but you can do it. Just have some confidence in yourself and mind over matter

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just checking back to see how everyone is doing.

I'll be at 2 years when this new year rings in. Im so glad I quit. I used the CD and the gum. The gum helped me short term, the CD has helped long term. I NEVER think of them anymore. EVER. It is so wonderfull. I even joined a gym, and guess what???? Im actually able to jog on the tredmill now!! I have also been able to update my wardrobe with all the money I saved WOOHOO!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
...and I need some encouragement guys. I'm so tempted to pop down the street and buy some. I've quit before a few times and lasted quite a while. And I know the first week is the worst. Once you get past that its becomes easier...but you can never really let your guard down, can you? Help me out will ya - tell me your stories of success - 'cause right now I'm ... :bnghd::bnghd:

Thanks...merci....obrigada....grazie...gracias....

Im behind you 100% !!!

You can do this!

No more to those nasty bastards!

You ROCK!

~ Sky

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Good for you!
Here's some encouragement i hope!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
.. Double post :bnghd: