It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's been 26 hours since I quit smoking...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hey, thanks!! my user name is the same, too. Well, today is my official quit day. So I'll probably try to keep myself distracted with the internet (maybe I'll get 100 posts today).
That site has also been sending "quit tips" via e-mail, but I don't know what you're talking about? I'm being watched?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by poonchang
Hey, thanks!! my user name is the same, too. Well, today is my official quit day. So I'll probably try to keep myself distracted with the internet (maybe I'll get 100 posts today).
That site has also been sending "quit tips" via e-mail, but I don't know what you're talking about? I'm being watched?

No you got me wrong. There is a lot of laughter and jokes on the Q. The one about the celery under the right front tire is a joke that if you really spout off to some one today, or while you are still on nicotine withdrawal, someone will come and take the "body" away for you. It is just a joke. (evidently not to funny.)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Jeez, I kinda feel bad, Mahree told me about that site last weekend, and I haven't been on it at all this week, but than again, i have been on here a lot and working my tush off.

but no smokes since last Monday, and only 4 in the past 6 weeks...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
Jeez, I kinda feel bad, Mahree told me about that site last weekend, and I haven't been on it at all this week, but than again, i have been on here a lot and working my tush off.

but no smokes since last Monday, and only 4 in the past 6 weeks...

Does that mean you are smoke free for 5 days? Not one puff? that is really wonderfull.. Your body is now free from the nicotine. However, your mind isn't and will still play tricks on you. Working is good, it keeps your mind off the smokes.

A tall glass of ice water with a straw always helped me in bad times.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Actually, it's been 11 days now, so it's even better.

Yeah me!

I haven't even had cravings, which is aawesome, because every other time I've quit, I've been goign gaga for cigs every day...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Actually, it's been 11 days now, so it's even better.

Yeah me!

I haven't even had cravings, which is aawesome, because every other time I've quit, I've been goign gaga for cigs every day...

11 days are certainly better than 5 days. lol So now you have been through "hell" week and are almost through "heck" week. You are one awesome quitter!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks Marhee!

How long have you been off the dreaded cancer sticks now, anyway?

And I wonder how our friend poon is doing, it's day 2 for him, that can be rough.

Be strong man!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thanks Marhee!

How long have you been off the dreaded cancer sticks now, anyway?

And I wonder how our friend poon is doing, it's day 2 for him, that can be rough.

Be strong man!

On March 8th I was quit for 9 months. But, we never can let up. If you read the literature on the quit smoking sites you know that a nicotine addict is always in recovery. All it takes is one cig for me and I am back at a carton in less than a week. I have proved this many times

The last time I came off a quit I just went and bought a carton, then opened a pack and was a smoker again. That fast! Nothing to it.

I really am looking forward to hearing that poon is doing OK. He is going through a rough time.

The Q Net helps me to stay quit. I belong to a club called the geezers. Guess that tells you a little about how old we are and how often we have quit before. We do seem to have a great club this time.

Everyday we pledge not to smoke just for today, not one puff. Some kind of a reminder is also posted by one of the geezers about how quickly this all could be spoiled if we listened to one little whisper from nicodemon. We do have lots of laughs and celebrate anniversaries with virtual parties. (no headaches next morning) hehe

So this is the answer we must give nicodemon as we kick his butt.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ah, I just joined a couple of the clubs on the Qnet there, andposted an introduction, etc. BTW, I added both you and poon as buddies, hope you don't mind!

Oh yeah, and 9 months, congratulations! Hope I make it that far!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hey guys!!

Um, I've been too ashamed to post here lately. My quit day was March 18. I have failed miserably. Though, my spring-break has just started and it would be a perfect oppotunity to quit. Man...I get so F**king agro when I am without the nicotine. It's insanity, I tell you!! I practically get in a fight with anyone or anything that gets in my way. Not cool. I want to quit without the aid of patches, gum, or other medicine. However, this cold turkey is just too hard. I have still cut down to several drags a day=to a couple of cigarettes. So, theoretically and physiologically I should be primed to quit. Dammit. Anyway, I failed. But I plan on quitting this weekend (again). I'll have a week to lock myself away from people...I don't want anyone to get hurt.:bash:
those cigarettes is the DEVIL!!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
don't be down on yourself, man. It has taken me 14 years to quit, with many failures along the way. I just dont' need it anymore. And keeping track of th emoney I've saved has helped more than I though it would, but paying $4 a pack did, too...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Poon,
Just don't give up on quitting. Each time you quit you learn something new about what went wrong and how to be ready to beat it the next time.
Keep on quitting!

Susquehanna
I'm happy that this quit is going good for you. When you actually see the money you save and the cigarettes you didn't smoke it really is amazing.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've been planning to quit for a while now but I was wondering if quitting actually gets any easier?

Is day 100 as hard as day 1?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
it's been over a year since I quit and yes it does get easier.Mind you I still think about having one sometimes, but I don't really want one.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Is day 100 as hard as day 1?

No it isn't. Not at all. It can get even easier if you use an aid like Nicorette. It worked for me

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This one is for you. *Steps out side for a smoke*

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you go cold turkey, day three is probably the hardest day you'll face. I'm not sure about using the gum or patch, those didn't actually work for me. Day three was the day that I needed to just be locked away from the world 'cause of all the anger and the like. Woke up on the fourth morning, and because I hadn't cheated or anything the past three days, it was suddenly a battle against a habit, not physical withdrawl. It takes between 2 and 5 days for your body to complete withdrawl from nicotine, and usualy starts about an hour after you had your last smokey treat, though we're typically used to those withdrawl symptoms (that's right about when normally you'd reach for another lung defiler).

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS !

I smoked for 11 years, and i have now been smoke free for 4 1/2 years.

I can give you ALL The encouragement in the world, but it will still and always be up to YOUR COURAGE to keep yourself free of all chains.

I wont paint a pretty picture either. After almost 5 years I still have cravings, but the good thing is, I can take my mind out of them alot faster.

Than whats the point you may ask? Why stop smoking if your still have cravings ?

Well becasue cravingas cant't harm you unless you give in to them. Besides when you resist a craving of any drug, your self-estime goes up to the sky !!

Advice:

A) Start taking Vitamin C (Esther C crystals ), that is if you dont take them alerady. Vitamin C is the best thing to help you with cravings.

B) Water and fruit... When you get a Craving ...have a glass a water and a piece of fruit ... It will take your mind out of it ...

And ...if you feel weack at any moment feel free to U@U me ... if you need to ..I'll help as I can

YOU CAN MAKE IT !

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, I've havn't visited ATS in a while and I was just checking out some old threads, as well as new ones. Anyway, after battling for months trying to quit, I finally managed to quit on dec 1, 2005. There were casualties: my old couch got to meet my louisville slugger, friends and family wouldn't call me for a while (mood swings from hell), and unemployment. When I quit before (a phrase that inspires confidence), I went through withdrawls for two weeks or so. This time was almost a month, due to the nicotine gum I suspect. I used Nicorette, should have tried it a long time ago. I became addicted to the gum (chewed it for about a month), but let me tell ya: quitting gum is a helluva lot easier than cigarettes. Go nicotine gum.

On a more serious note, I had a darker inspiration to quit: my dad died of lung cancer about 9 months ago. My dad smoked Pall Mall non-filters for like 40 years, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did! I've known forever that smoking is bad (m'kay) and it would probably kill me, but man, what a wake up call. Reality kicked in the door!

I don't mean to be a bummer; just wanted to share.

Congratulations to those of you that quit!

:meow:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hello I thought i would add my 2 cents for what its worth. I quit back in October. I used this hypnotic cd called "quit smoking for women" they have one for men too. It was fabulous. I was able to quit and not think about them all the time. The only thoughts about them were I cant believe Im not thinking about smoking. It was great. Now granted I have been cheating again here lately.....thought I could be a social smoker....hahaha....but it is not like it used to be. It is like I am not addicted to them anymore. I can have one or not it doesnt matter. I am going to listen to it again to remind myself not to smoke and why, but I have total faith in this cd. Anyway, I bought it online I think from Barnes and noble. It has been the best way to quit for me. I tried everything I swear by this cd. It has made quitting smoking a joy believe it or not. I did get a little light headed because there is something in there about taking deep breaths when ever you have a craving because when you take deep breaths, it stirs up left over tar and niccoteen in your lungs and gives you a nic hit like you just smoked. Pretty cool stuff. Anyway, good luck.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join