It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Beans are good too!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Cut up a nice top round off our last steer and set it up for grilling with a nice marinade. Put some nice brown sugar beans on (with bacon of course), a little catsup and some fresh onions.

Anyway, off to grill the meat. 900+ degree fire and we're cookin! Sitting out on the front porch smelling the smoke wood working it's magic. Not a lot of fat in this meat so cook-time is everything. Enjoying the smoke with the dogs on the front veranda. Beef is cookin'!! After a quick indoctrination to fire on one side it was time to flip them. Drizzled some marinade on 'em and did the deed. Had to flip 'em a bout once more before done. Beautiful medium rare beef! Bring 'em in to let 'em rest.

Serving time! Pulled about a 16oz piece off the resting plate and went for a serving of beans. The wife had made some really nice riced cauliflower with veggies, so I grabbed some of that too. No need for salt, pepper or butter...time to EAT!!

MAN, was that GOOD!!!! Steak cut like butter, and was perfectly done. Veggies were most excellent as well.

And hey...even the Beans were good too!!! (had to go back for 2nd's on them).

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I can not eat beans.

I become a walking weapon of mass destruction if i do.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Stars for ya, (out of sympathy). Out here in the west, beans are everything...they're a staple!

The old west wouldn't have survived without them, and I have a love for them as a result. Protein, nutrition, sustenance...beans are life!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now your avatar hidden message becomes clear!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Beans are a fantastic food actually.

They transport well, need no refrigeration, rehydrate in the worst of water, just a fantastic food group.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Made some damn good beans last week in my new pressure cooker.

Look for Cajun 15 bean medley, good meat market bacon, the holy Trinity (onion, celery, and garlic), and if you are lucky enough to find it, a pack of Opa's Hatch Green Chile Sausage.

Combine all that in your pressure cooker with some vegetable broth and water. High pressure for an hour. Slowly release the pressure, and you have some badass beans that taste like they took ten hours.

Oh, almost forgot. Two jalapenos with the top cut off.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I like beans and so lucky to work with very noisy machines and chemicals.

If a boss come to yell me, I can trigger my silent revenge.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Nice and very envious.

All I had was a few pork chops sauteed in the iron skillet in onions and garlic, dash of some Tony Chachres creole seasoning with some pasta and cream corn.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Probably the most important question is.....

What beer did you pair with this feast?

I would have gone with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That food sounds good!
I just got some Gigantic Elephant beans from Greece. I think they were about 15 bucks a pound. There is a small area that is the only place they grow them by law so they are not cross pollenated. They are like a colossal Northern bean with a wonderful texture and flavor. I hear they sprout, so Ill be growing them here in Cali. They are a runner bean. They are twice the size after soaking and cooking

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Saw those in an article about rare expensive beans... Really wanna try them.

I'm jelly.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Me too. I can hardly wait to grow them too. I'm starting them indoors this weekend

top topics

join