It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Rattle Shakes of Conservatism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Trump is old. Limbaugh is old. Savage is old. Ron Paul is old. And Jones is no spring chicken...
These are the last of the conservative American Jedi (or Sith as you may see them.)

Everyone else is weak by comparison.

Conservatism will give way to the New World Order of sameness and quiet punishments.
Chaos and Control are hard to balance for talking mammals. Perhaps the talking is the trouble... or the opposable thumbs.... or the free will.

And so it shall come to pass... Trumpamania shall give way to a thousand tears, and years, of confusion and gender misidentity. Power shall be displaced, replaced, recharged, erased. And the cycle of learning will continue.

Forgive me if I don't react. I have to cook a cheeseburger while beef is still under $100/lb.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Bannon has a few years left in him.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm only 33 next month. I've more fire than all them combined.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Fear not, they breed. May I introduce you to Ms. Meghan McCain.

en.wikipedia.org...

McCain says that she is "a woman who despises labels and boxes and stereotypes".[10] McCain also has described herself as a Republican who is "liberal on social issues".[3][9] She registered as an Independent when she was 18 years old[1] and she voted for John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election.[9] She agrees with her father's positions on global warming and stem-cell research.[3] At first she had doubts about the 2003 invasion of Iraq but subsequently supported her father's position regarding it.[3] She has stated she is pro-life,[10] in favor of sex education and birth control.[11] She has expressed an opinion that conservatives demonstrate hypocrisy regarding abortion: "They go on and on about how evil and wrong abortion is, but don't like to talk about how easy it is to not get pregnant."

It will evolve. Into what? I don't honestly know.

I'll see your Reinventing the Steel and raise you something...Vulgar!

edit on 3-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Who do the Liberals have?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Meh, those guys still have time left, and new voices will emerge to replace them. If you count Ron Paul, why not Rand Paul? Trump's sons seem like they could be superstars in the future. Alex Jones isn't going anywhere any time soon, he's only 42.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think we are watching the death of the Democrats because they have allowed the agendas of the liberal left to take over the party.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Is Alex Jones someone you'd vote for?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Is Alex Jones someone you'd vote for?

It depends on my options, if Jones was running against Hillary, absolutely. Anyway this isn't about who I would vote for, just influential conservative voices. Few are more influential than Jones, he is a big reason why a guy like Trump is President. While a little hysterical at times, Jones has been all over the globalist agenda for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I would disagree. Guys like AJ give conservatives...the whole right for that matter, a bad name.

His hysteria overshadows most anything good that he may do, true or not.

Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I would disagree. Guys like AJ give conservatives...the whole right for that matter, a bad name.

His hysteria overshadows most anything good that he may do, true or not.

Just my two cents.

I guess I would just disagree with you based on my own personal experience. I was an Obama voter, and AJ helped convert me to a conservative (along with Ron Paul). Jones has awoken an untold number of people, I think he has done far more good than harm, which is why a guy like Trump was elected.
edit on 3-2-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Sort of the same boat. 1st term Obama voter but it was Michael Savage instead of Jones. I have more in common with classical liberal or libertarian values than anything. I will admit, his Hillary for Prison motto was pretty catchy.

Still. It doesn't put him in a positive light from my point of view.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Won't the left be in hysterics when we elect Milo Yiannopoulos, a gay conservative. The leftist world would collapse in anarchy.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Democratic party is losing it's base. My mom, my wife and my mother-in-law are Democrats. They are also intelligent and have real life skills.
Street smart.
They see through the charade. The liberal left has left them.

They can't identify with celebs, "protesters" or people on FB who post things that they hope will make people think that they care about things that "they don't give a damn about".

If the Democratic party has lost them, they have lost many more than they can even imagine.

The silent majority of Democrats may be leaving, because they see through the liberal lies and don't like that the party is moving towards the intolerant left.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Meh, those guys still have time left, and new voices will emerge to replace them. If you count Ron Paul, why not Rand Paul? Trump's sons seem like they could be superstars in the future. Alex Jones isn't going anywhere any time soon, he's only 42.

Trump's son's? How about Trump's daughter, Ivanka. There is a woman who gains my respect. It is not just strong men.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

True, but Mr Bannon isn't a conservative. Neither is Milo Yiannopoulos.

edit on 3-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I also know several Democrats that have told me they will never vote Democrat again after what has happened since the election. The party is in shambles and they continue to double down on what has brought their power crashing down. Glad to hear of more. That is great news for me!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Trump's son's? How about Trump's daughter, Ivanka. There is a woman who gains my respect. It is not just strong men.

Ivanka is a little too liberal wishy washy for me, but I do respect her a lot and think she is a talented woman.

originally posted by: windword

True, but Mr Bannon isn't a conservative. Neither is Milo Yiannopoulos.

That may be true, don't you think you should probably expand on this comment though? What would you categorize them as, and why?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Conservatives are in the center, leaning right. Milo Yiannopoulos and Steve Bannon are far right, if not extremists. They're no where near center.

edit on 3-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Conservatives are in the center, leaning right. Milo Yiannopoulos and Steve Bannon are far right, if not extremists. They're no where near center.

I don't disagree that they are far right. I think most of the Republican party has tilted far right. If that isn't conservative, what would you call it (besides extremist)? I'm not trying to antagonize you, I'm just trying to get a more full picture of your stance, for my own personal knowledge base. I always thought that American centrists were in the center, leaning slightly right, and that conservatives were the far right? I could be wrong, I'm just trying to get your full perspective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join