It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope Trump pulls a Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For those of you with very short memories I would like to remind you that there was once a president that fired EVERY attorney general - 93 out of 93 - and for less reason than subordination. His name was William Jefferson Clinton. Yup, he got rid of 12 years of AG's that didn't make him happy. Or something, I don't think anyone really knows, but here is Janet Reno explaining:

Video won't seem to embed:

www.youtube.com...

I hope Trump does the same. I hope he does more.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Fools because: utube

edit on 1-2-2017 by Fools because: ...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Video not working so I will pose a question, was not Janet Reno the Attorney General for the entire Clinton presidency? We are talking about THE Attorney General here, not state's or such other lower levels of the government.

Regardless, she was 'acting' Attorney General anyways and they usually last a week or so unless the nominee gets held up in confirmation hearings. The whole thing is blown further out of proportion then I even thought possible.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Proof? Your video isn't working, by the way. Though I'm hesitant to trust a Youtube video as a valid source anyways.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.youtube.com...

Sorry cannot get it to embed.

Here is some reading:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You have to put the part after the equal sign in the box: GeC_-VZQMJI (don't include that ampersand)

From your NYT piece (bolding by me):

Attorney General Janet Reno today demanded the prompt resignation of all United States Attorneys, leading the Federal prosecutor in the District of Columbia to suggest that the order could be tied to his long-running investigation of Representative Dan Rostenkowski, a crucial ally of President Clinton.

You claimed that he fired all the AG's. That is just attorneys (federal prosecutors), without the general suffix. Also this:

All 93 United States Attorneys knew they would be asked to step down, since all are Republican holdovers, and 16 have resigned so far. But the process generally takes much longer and had usually been carried out without the involvement of the Attorney General. Battles of the Past

Also. This article was written in March of 93. Which is 3 months after Clinton was inaugurated. We are barely in week three of Trump.

While prosecutors are routinely replaced after a change in Administration, Ms. Reno's order accelerated what had been expected to be a leisurely changeover. Says He Won't Resist

Looks like routine politicing to me, but nothing as bad as Trump has done so far.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Here was the results of a 2 second google search. Hopefully it is up to your standards.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

She was temporary. Doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You should clarify that you are talking about U.S. Attorneys, not the Attorney General.

Some people will automatically assume there's multiple Attorneys General all at once.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, my apologies. I forget that you have to be completely literal to an adversary that refuses to be literal about anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You are clearly not willing to have a conversation.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So that big edit that dissects your NYT's piece wasn't a rebuttal to your OP?
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It doesn't dissect anything other than the fact that I accidentally typed AG instead of Federal Attorneys. The point is that the "hero" of the Democratic party sacked many federally appointed attorneys. And he did it for political reasons - also I theorize to keep his own skin - and it was all OK. Everything was peachy.

Now you get an acting AG clearly defying the presidents order and he fires her - as he should - and it's made into some big ordeal. I hope there is even a bigger ordeal when all the Obama and Clinton hold overs are canned and our government can actually start working for its people again instead of whoever is giving them the most money.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Fools because: .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Nope! Trump will never pull off a Clinton move...NEVER! For them it is "Age of Extinction"

For Trump however, he will do good for Americans and destroy all the bad policies created under Obama "A New Beginning"

edit on 1-2-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I hope Trump pulls a Clinton

I hope he doesn't.

The last thing I want to see is Trump wearing a pantsuit.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Your very article you linked to me points out that it was happening anyways.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
was that around the same time as the whitehouse travel office purge conducted by mrs bill Clinton?

top topics

join