It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Reactor #2 May Have Been Found Underground.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Extreme Radiation Levels Detected At Fukushima Reactor, Highest Since 2011
www.forbes.com...

On Thursday, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), the investor owned utility that operates the Fukushima reactors, reported that it detected a radiation level of 530 sieverts per hour in the containment vessel of reactor 2 at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant.

TEPCO had planned to deploy a remote-controlled robot to assess conditions inside the containment vessel.

The robot is designed to withstand exposure of up to 1,000 sieverts. Based on the calculation of 73 sieverts per hour, the robot could run for more than 10 hours, but 530 sieverts per hour means it would be rendered inoperable in less than two hours.

Sounds pretty serious to me....how would you like your seafood today? Lightly salted, seasoned, and with healthy side of radiation please.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

AND ITS GONE BACK TO ITS LAIR!

Tepco has discovered a 6.5-foot-wide hole in the metal grate under a pressure vessel in reactor No. 2's containment vessels at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant

Well so much for containment...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"Hey you know what sounds like it would be awesome? A bunch of nuclear reactors, with their pools perched a hundred feet above the ground, in poorly constructed buildings, with no plans or structures to contain spent rods, right on a fault line, right beside the ocean. You guys in?"

The whole thing was a horrible idea from the start.
edit on 2/5/2017 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Over the years so many Japanese have willingly given their lives for the Emporer and Japan....Where are those types nowadays.?
Man the # up, Get the overalls on and get the # in there and clean this mess up....if not for the emporor, then do it for Japan at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Over the years so many Japanese have willingly given their lives for the Emporer and Japan....Where are those types nowadays.?
Man the # up, Get the overalls on and get the # in there and clean this mess up....if not for the emporor, then do it for Japan at least.

You don't seem to understand. There is no putting the overalls on and physically going in there, they can't.

On Thursday, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), the investor-owned utility that operates the Fukushima reactors, reported that it detected a radiation level of 530 sieverts per hour in the containment vessel of reactor 2 at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant.

Even a brief exposure to 530 sieverts of radiation would kill a person.

www.forbes.com...

That's a millisievert level of 530,000, if convert-me.com is correct. A dose of 10,000 mSv kills in a couple of weeks, this is much, much higher than that. I don't know if that would translate to insta-death, but I imagine someone would be incapacitated damn fast. The robotics certainly are.
edit on 2/5/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Three pairs of overalls then. Someone has to fix it. They cant just keep looking down the bloody hole. It's not the local council dealing with a collapsed manhole we are talking about here. This is serious. A game changer. They are leaking into the pacific every minute of every day. We need water, clean water. Our water comes from the sea. All of it.

Has anyone from Tepco fallen on their sword yet..? If not then three pairs of overalls it is.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Three pairs of overalls then. Someone has to fix it. They cant just keep looking down the bloody hole. It's not the local council dealing with a collapsed manhole we are talking about here. This is serious. A game changer. They are leaking into the pacific every minute of every day. We need water, clean water. Our water comes from the sea. All of it.

Has anyone from Tepco fallen on their sword yet..? If not then three pairs of overalls it is.

They can't even get a robot to remain functional long enough to do anything other than survey it in there. What in the ever-loving F makes you think sending a person in there is going to be any different? The tech does not currently exist to get close enough to the material itself do anything lengthy.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

The tech does not currently exist to get close enough to the material itself do anything lengthy.

Define lengthy...1 week? 5 days? 24 hours?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Define lengthy...1 week? 5 days? 24 hours?

If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd understand that the robots have a shelf life of less than 2 hours in this extreme a level of radiation. A human would start having incapacitating acute radiation sickness within minutes at 10 times less radiation exposure than this.

There is literally no way to manually deal with this, you've got to understand that. Even mechanically, they're severely limited, they'd lose robots left and right and fill the room in no time with current tech before anything is remotely touching on "beginning to resolve".
edit on 2/5/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
"Hey you know what sounds like it would be awesome? A bunch of nuclear reactors, with their pools perched a hundred feet above the ground, in poorly constructed buildings, with no plans or structures to contain spent rods, right on a fault line, right beside the ocean. You guys in?"

This. So much this. If I were the chief engineer on this project, I'd bring back harakiri so I didn't have to think about how badly I'd #ed things up.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I don't know if that would translate to insta-death, but I imagine someone would be incapacitated damn fast. The robotics certainly are.

You're certainly getting into the direct neural damage death mode level here.

You wouldn't have time to develop radiation sickness, the dose is enough to just kill you on the spot.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: daryllyn

This. So much this. If I were the chief engineer on this project, I'd bring back harakiri so I didn't have to think about how badly I'd #ed things up.

There were Americans from General Electric, involved early on in the plant's conception, they all quit once they saw the plans.

TEPCO also failed with maintenance, inspections, as well as coming up with plans to store/dispose of spent rods.

The project should have never even gotten off the ground.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

If the radiation fries electronics before it even gets near then how did they get that camera there and why is the camera functioning If its a analog camera then it uses film which is organic which should affected even more yet they have perfectly fine looking shots and up close.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I understand the frustration but you just have no idea.
Look's like a China Syndrome situation.

edit on 5-2-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

[...]
Fumiya Tanabe, an expert on nuclear safety who analyzed the 1979 Three Mile Island nuclear accident in the United States, said the findings show that both the preparation for and the actual decommissioning process at the plant will likely prove much more difficult than expected.

“We have few clues on the exact locations, the sizes and the shapes of the nuclear fuel debris,” he said. “The planned investigation by the robot needs a rethink. Work to decommission the plant will require even more time.”

TEPCO said it will need 30 to 40 years to complete the decommissioning process. The utility plans to start work to remove the melted nuclear fuel at the No. 2 and two other stricken reactors in 2021 after deciding on a removal method in fiscal 2018.

TEPCO has yet to determine the location and the condition of the melted fuel in the other two reactors.

Radiation level in Fukushima reactor could kill within a minute

30 to 40... years? That's right, don't rush it!

I'm hopefully long dead by then, but this international community of our so-called 'civilised west' is a disgrace. By now I wouldn't mind China rushing in to save the day, why should I? Fck 'em, humanity first!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If all this is true then looks like "ISIS" has been one-uped by GE. definitely seems more important than building a dumb wall at this point

www.youtube.com...
edit on C2017Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:13:13 -0600Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:13:13 -0600000000p28America/Chicago0913 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Im Curious as to where the usual naysayers are and why have they not chimed in yet ?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Try the other thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I see, they are busy

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join