It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Official Threatens to Unleash Cartels, Flood U.S. With Drugs and Narcotics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, looks like I may have been right when I posted the following in the "Mexico ready to quit NAFTA if US talks fail" thread. Here is what I wrote there.

It seems obvious to me that if building a secure border wall is more important than losing 80% of Mexico's exports to the U.S.A., then the exports they are really worried about are not that "80%" that is being accounted for, it's the black market in the drug trade and moving illegals that they are really worried about.

Apparently Mexico is starting to show it's true colors in regards to Trump's wall.

If people had doubts about the Mexican government being influenced and controlled by drug cartels, well, they can put that doubt away. In a stunning segment on Fareed Zakaria’s CNN broadcast today Mexico’s former foreign minister, Jorge Castaneda, states the Mexican government is willing to counter U.S. President Donald Trump policy by unleashing drug cartels upon the U.S. border.

Castaneda not only threatens to send drugs, he also threatens to flood the United States will illegal South Americans and openly admits Mexico could stop the border crossings if it wanted to, but instead chooses to use immigration as a weapon against the United States.

Li nk to Article

If Mexico's former foreign minister is being truthful, then the opposition to tighter border security is all about the black market money from exporting illegal drugs and immigrants. Their economy is in danger if they can't keep up the black market trade to the U.S. through a porous border guarded by agents with their hands tied or who are on the take.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Good call. If there was any doubt that the cartels have their hands up the spine of the Mexican government, that can be put to rest. Nietos 12% approval rating also coincides with the people of Mexico having the same ideas.

Border states and towns, be safe.
edit on 30-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

LOL,they have been doing that for over 50 years,like thats a new threat,we need to get rid of DEA,they are in concert with the cartels

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Good day MSB!

How goes it! A quick question... would you happen to have a source for this which has a higher degree of reliability for factual reporting? The Conservative Tree House is... well its fundamentally biased, not to mention often fact averse.

+1 more 
link   
The US would retaliate making drugs legal ending the war on drugs and bankrupting those fools. It would be the beginning of a new government/drug enforcement agency with a whole new tax bracket.

+22 more 
link   

The Border Patrols hands are not tied any longer! I am quite sure their new President has given them full permission to shoot back if they are being shot at!

I am also pretty sure there are plenty of military personnel who would love to be sent to the border and take out any cartel filth crossing the border to harm Americans.

+21 more 
link   
I hate to say this......but that would pose a direct national security risk to the USA and so would to me be classed as a act of war against the USA......

link   
Ah, oh ungrateful America. Soon you will see.

+9 more 
link   
I other words ... more reason for that wall and more border security.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Sanctioned thugs by the Mexican government? You betcha!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Sanctioned thugs by the Mexican government? You betcha!

Exactly

I despise war except in the case of self defence and this would to me be self defence.

This would be no diffrent than if Mexico said they would support terrorists within the USA.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Video in the source is from CNN.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Well, the Panama Canal is much easier to guard than the length of the current U.S. border. Not sayin...just sayin.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
From the article;

Watch, and more importantly LISTEN, to his words at 02:10 below:

edit on 1/30/2017 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well, the Panama Canal is much easier to guard than the length of the current U.S. border. Not sayin...just sayin.

I dont think tbe USA should use it as a excuse to grab land.

But the USA could use this as a excuse to eradicate the cartels with the full force of the US military and arrest and try the government officials in league with them.

If the USA ends the defacto civil war within mexico between the drug cartels, life would improve dramatically within mexico while making the USAitself a lot more safer.
edit on 30-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Lighthearted joke. Probably not too funny given the implications with regard to the thread. Bad taste.

If the cartels have run of the government as has been long suspected, what recourse does the US have against them within Mexico? They are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Good day MSB!

How goes it! A quick question... would you happen to have a source for this which has a higher degree of reliability for factual reporting? The Conservative Tree House is... well its fundamentally biased, not to mention often fact averse.

Greetings TrueBrit, doing OK, could be better of course.
Anyway, I agree, not the best source but the video is on CNN. However, it may have been taken down already. Then there is the fact that the quote is from a former foreign minister. I'm still looking for a better source, but I'll bet his attitude is common with their government down there.

Cheers.
edit on 30-1-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Kind of ironic being that the automatic weapons the cartels use come from U.S.. I guess they plan un drugging us to death???

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Good day MSB!

Out of curiosity what news source do you see as not fundamentally bias?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It is a serious descion to take.

I hope the USA does not have to make it.

But I would agree that goverment sanctioned crime against the USA can not be tolerated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join