It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Ban Could Kneecap the ISIS War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
If people are becoming terrorist because of a temporary travel ban then they were pretty much one Mohhammed comic away from being terrorist.
Time to ban comics too.

This also means these potential refugees were one incident away from becoming terrorist once they reached the US

Thanks OP for reaffirming me in that Trump and Obama made the right call.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Actually I'd like to hear the "rest of the story" as Kacee Kacem used to say...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
If people are becoming terrorist because of a temporary travel ban then they were pretty much one Mohhammed comic away from being terrorist.
Time to ban comics too.

This also means these potential refugees were one incident away from becoming terrorist once they reached the US

Thanks OP for reaffirming me in that Trump and Obama made the right call.

Some posts restore my faith in humanity that critical thinking is still alive and well. This was one of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: MysticPearl

The US has been the pimp.

Where was all this terrorism and ISIS before the US invasions.

What you don't realize is this: Some Arab countries such as Jordan and Turkey have been taking many of them so you don't know what your talking about. Your ignorant on the matter.

Saudi of course that rotten state of hypocrites are probably supporting ISIS

"taking them"?

What do you mean?

They put them in camps. Where it's a good idea. They don't put them in cities and towns.

Where are the camps in the US, europe?

Oh yeah, it would be racist to put them in camps.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: visitedbythem

Actually I'd like to hear the "rest of the story" as Kacee Kacem used to say...

Paul Harvey not Kacee, unless it was a joke.

I did laugh tho.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Willtell
It is especially insulting to Iraq, who's country we took over, mad a mess of and left to almost die. We are supposed to be allied with them.

The list of countries on the list is ridiculous, as they don't have people that have killed on US soil.

Business and money have kept the countries who deserve it off the list. USA INCORPORATED, a TRUMP SUBSIDIARY. ®

Interesting. So Obama must have been working for Trump when the list was created since "HE" created it.
edit on 1/30/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Reality is middle eastern countries have more refugees than any other country.
Might not fit the narrative of the alt-right, with their alt-facts who doesn't seem to care much for reality in their fear based fervor to stand by the anointed cheeto in chief.

Syrian refugees by country:

Turkey 2,724,937 (registered as of August 2016)[3]
2,748,367 (the highest number registered, 3 March 2016)

Lebanon 1,500,000 (estimated arrivals as of Dec 2015)
1,048,275 (registered)[4]

Germany 600,000(total by late 2016 since 2014)[5]
429,000(registered by late 2016)

Saudi Arabia 500,000 Syrian (estimated overstays as of 2016)[6][7]

Jordan 1,265,000 (census results as of Nov 2015)[8]
657,422 (registered July 2016)[9]

Wikipedia

But nevermind the facts when you try to disguise your bigotry as being anti pc, or anti establishment, or whatever todays excuse is. Facts are just triggered snowflakes right?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

The US has been the pimp.

Where was all this terrorism and ISIS before the US invasions.

What you don't realize is this: Some Arab countries such as Jordan and Turkey have been taking many of them so you don't know what your talking about. Your ignorant on the matter.

Saudi of course that rotten state of hypocrites are probably supporting ISIS

it was busy bombing the World Trade Center and the Pentagon Among other places. How quickly some people forget.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carabao
Reality is middle eastern countries have more refugees than any other country.
Might not fit the narrative of the alt-right, with their alt-facts who doesn't seem to care much for reality in their fear based fervor to stand by the anointed cheeto in chief.

Syrian refugees by country:

Turkey 2,724,937 (registered as of August 2016)[3]
2,748,367 (the highest number registered, 3 March 2016)

Lebanon 1,500,000 (estimated arrivals as of Dec 2015)
1,048,275 (registered)[4]

Germany 600,000(total by late 2016 since 2014)[5]
429,000(registered by late 2016)

Saudi Arabia 500,000 Syrian (estimated overstays as of 2016)[6][7]

Jordan 1,265,000 (census results as of Nov 2015)[8]
657,422 (registered July 2016)[9]

Wikipedia

But nevermind the facts when you try to disguise your bigotry as being anti pc, or anti establishment, or whatever todays excuse is. Facts are just triggered snowflakes right?

your source for that is Wikipedia, a website that literally anyone can edit? Nice try.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Ah, I forgot that wikipedia isn't an alt-right approved blog....

There are sources if you care to check.... But I suppose sources isn't really alt-reality's strong suit anyway.

UNHCR
Bet they don't count either...

Same goes for Amnesty International I suppose.
Amnesty International

But hey, why don't you show me your numbers and where you get them from?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Calm down it.s only 90 days. After a few months people wouldn't even remember it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Iraq is NOT an ally

We are occupying a conquered nation-state

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think if Trump wants to disclose the truth behind 9/11, he has to stop all incoming Muslims for fear of the problems that will most definitely surface.

We at ATS know, pretty much know what happened, and in light of that you could imagine the outcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Obama created ISIS along with your ignorant hero Trump.

How did Trump create ISIS having been in political office for the last 9 days?

Throw stuff and hope some sticks tactic.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This is my opinion of course, but I think the initial ban was to test the water.

They used Obama's list so they had a defensible position in case things went sour. I'm assuming they'll review the effects and use lessons learned to implement something sturdier down the road. Just a guess.

I watched Spicers interview at Washington University (I think that's the name). It's clear they're still underestimating the amount of opposition they're going to receive for just about everything.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

SOURCE

Team Trump’s travel ban, or pause, or whatever reverse politically correct term you want to call it, has sparked simmering fury among America’s Muslim allies. The media splash meant to show that President Donald Trump means business about keeping America safe, and keeping his campaign promises, is ironically damaging the very campaign against terrorism he wants to put into overdrive.

Key allies in the fight against the so-called Islamic State are dumbfounded, but few are making official statements, unwilling to pick a fight with the pugnacious new White House.

Anger is spreading to the Arab street, reflected in social media and newspaper articles – the kind of RAGE that fueled the Arab Spring revolt against Mideast dictators – therefore, the kind Muslim leaders take very seriously.

Trump claims he wants to destroy Isis, fine, but you don’t do that by insulting your allies in the ME. Iraqi Kurds, Iraqi Sunnis and Shias who have been facing the brunt of ISIS.
Indeed, Iraq is a major ally of America fighting ISIS yet the Iraqis, because of Trump Muslim Ban can’t visit the US. What a joke.

I know if I were an Iraqi fighting with the US I would be hesitant to submit to this ban and have a definite grudge towards the arrogant Americans who refuse to acknowledge their role in creating the terrorism. Here is America that ruined my country and now the humiliation of being banned from America because of the terrorism they ultimately caused when they invaded the country in 2003. Before that there was nil terrorism in Iraq.

Are you high???

People who care about their country and are standing ground to fight ISIS don't give a flying fcuk about being denied entry to the US for 120days.

Furthermore any genuine refugees will be grateful that the extremists they are fleeing won't be welcome as fake refugees under the new vetting procedures.

edit on 31-1-2017 by 8675309jenny because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join