It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Ban Could Kneecap the ISIS War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
SOURCE

Team Trump’s travel ban, or pause, or whatever reverse politically correct term you want to call it, has sparked simmering fury among America’s Muslim allies. The media splash meant to show that President Donald Trump means business about keeping America safe, and keeping his campaign promises, is ironically damaging the very campaign against terrorism he wants to put into overdrive.

Key allies in the fight against the so-called Islamic State are dumbfounded, but few are making official statements, unwilling to pick a fight with the pugnacious new White House.

Anger is spreading to the Arab street, reflected in social media and newspaper articles – the kind of RAGE that fueled the Arab Spring revolt against Mideast dictators – therefore, the kind Muslim leaders take very seriously.

Trump claims he wants to destroy Isis, fine, but you don’t do that by insulting your allies in the ME. Iraqi Kurds, Iraqi Sunnis and Shias who have been facing the brunt of ISIS.
Indeed, Iraq is a major ally of America fighting ISIS yet the Iraqis, because of Trump Muslim Ban can’t visit the US. What a joke.

I know if I were an Iraqi fighting with the US I would be hesitant to submit to this ban and have a definite grudge towards the arrogant Americans who refuse to acknowledge their role in creating the terrorism. Here is America that ruined my country and now the humiliation of being banned from America because of the terrorism they ultimately caused when they invaded the country in 2003. Before that there was nil terrorism in Iraq.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What nonsense.

Our Muslim "allies" and non-allies alike have one thing in common, none of them want the refugees either. Why? They understand the threat.

So who are our allies here? The Saudis? They aren't accepting refugees. Pakistan? Nope. Israel? Not them. Jordan? Not them either.

Take off the bipartisan hat for a minute and think about this logically. If Middle Eastern Muslim countries were open to accepting the refugees, by geography alone most would still be in the middle east instead of going farther to Europe or even North America. Plus, they'd have an easier transition to other Muslims countries than Western countries.

But the Middle East doesn't want them. Then you sit here and pimp their complaints about us like it means something and isn't incredibly hypocritical?

edit on 29-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

U.S. diplomats in Baghdad complained the ban would keep a top Iraqi general in the ISIS fight from visiting family in the U.S., stop General Electric from hosting Iraqi delegates in the U.S. as part of a $2 billion energy deal, and send the wrong signal to some 62,000 applicants being considered for relocation for aiding the U.S. during the war. That was among the possible fallout of the new policy, listed in a letter obtained by The Wall Street Journal, sent Saturday from the U.S. embassy in Baghdad to the State Department.

SOURCE

The impulsive, crude, unjust, and stupid actions of Trump and his alt-right fanatics in the administration will like turn out to be a disaster

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why would soldiers on the battlefield who are fighting for their own native soil of Iraq give a flying fart if they can take a plane trip to the US?

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The allies are in Iraq and Syria and Libya whom the US also destroyed under Obama and Hillary...

ALL three countries didn't have ISIS in them until the US invaded them

The Saudis if anything are supporting their Wahhabi brothers in ISIS

+5 more 
link   

I've stopped worrying about pissing off Middle Easterners a long time ago.

As long as any western nation takes a free breath, it's going to piss off someone there.

Tough.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Key allies in the fight against the so-called Islamic State are dumbfounded, but few are making official statements, unwilling to pick a fight with the pugnacious new White House.

Typical BS.

Nothing official so let's make up some more crap. If they are not talking then how do you know this. Oh, the old 'sources' and 'spoke on the condition of anonymity' and 'I just made this heap of dog poo for your consumption.'

Give us a break.

Mystic Pearl (above) said the rest. No one wants these so called refugees. Just take a good long hard look at Europe to work out why.

Their religion is stuck in the middle ages.

P

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The US has been the pimp.

Where was all this terrorism and ISIS before the US invasions.

What you don't realize is this: Some Arab countries such as Jordan and Turkey have been taking many of them so you don't know what your talking about. Your ignorant on the matter.

Saudi of course that rotten state of hypocrites are probably supporting ISIS

edit on 29-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Let me ask you this:
Would you risk insulting others, while defending the woman that you love?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Islamic terrorism has been around for many centuries. It's because at the root of the religion is killing non believers, infidels. The Christian crusades were actually a response to bloody Islamic warfare.

I won't disagree recently that America has completely destabilized the region. We messed up. That doesn't explain why other Middle Eastern countries won't accept refugees though.

Gaddafi warned both us and Europe. Europe ignored and is paying for it. So did we until Trump.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

free breath like bringing them 'freedom' and 'democracy'. or the free breath to the number of warship constantly near their shores, or bombs dropped the past 5 to 35 years on their homes and everything they know...

but i see your point.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why do we, as a society and as a nation, worry so damned much about who we "may offend"?

Getting tired of this sissy-crap.

*Clutches pearls*
"Oh my goodness! Did I offend someone?"

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell You just told us where you stand. You are not in the middle with a lean. You are way out there to the left. Any time you want to know, I will tell you where I stand. You need to be more balanced Bro.

edit on 29-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   

No, you simply proved my point.

Turkey has accepted refugees. Now look at Turkey. Attacks every month, many civilians killed, a complete mess compared to a few years ago. Christians increasingly persecuted and victims of violence.

Other Middle Eastern countries knew of that risk. Hence refugees aren't welcome.
edit on 29-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   
America is full of crap. You same people were saying all along. Obama created ISIS along with your ignorant hero Trump.

Now they blame the countries the US destroyed by invasion for the terrorism.

That's the , Immoral, illogic of you posters who when Obama is president aren't patriotic but when this Alt-Right regime comes in everything he does is great.

I condemned Obama as much as I am now condemning Trump so the idea that I am partisan is false

I am partisan only for doing what's right and intelligent

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: DBCowboy

free breath like bringing them 'freedom' and 'democracy'. or the free breath to the number of warship constantly near their shores, or bombs dropped the past 5 to 35 years on their homes and everything they know...

but i see your point.

Tell you what scooter, I'll make a phone call and see if I can get the assholes in DC to stop.

When I do I'll let you know.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Islamic terrorism has been around for many centuries. It's because at the root of the religion is killing non believers, infidels. The Christian crusades were actually a response to bloody Islamic warfare.

I won't disagree recently that America has completely destabilized the region. We messed up. That doesn't explain why other Middle Eastern countries won't accept refugees though.

Gaddafi warned both us and Europe. Europe ignored and is paying for it. So did we until Trump.
Those were Globalists behind that MP. They claimed to be from both parties. They were not

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Exactly. They want to take a different approach which is rarely mentioned but was mentioned during Trumps campaign.
Safe zones.
nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Dude, you can post as much rhetoric as you like but you keep dancing around both current reality AND the historical reality of Islam waging war for centuries.

For how much you defend the religion you appear to know little about its history. Islam was waging war against infidels not only before Bush/Obama but hundreds of years before George Washington ate his first meal.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think President Trump is overdoing it a little with his ban on green card holders and others but then I take a moment to think about it and here's what I see.
1) He is just getting started with the new policy's/bans. I am sure he will have to iron out some parts of it.

2) He is looking to go after ISIS and eliminate the threat so it seems like a good idea to seal our entrance from those who may try to come here with malicious intent.

3) Since the ban is directed at specific countries, I can not call it a "muslim ban" just because that is the majority religion practiced in those areas.

4) I think it is necessary to send a hard lined message out there and then give back essential travel as warranted and only when it can be further vetted. When we have a grasp on the control necessary to allow safe entry then the whole country should start to see what a real point of entry needs to keep America safe. If we are still policing the world, we ought to have a good police station.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join