It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linda Sarsour Of Women March Destroyed By An Old Kelly File Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yep. Martin Luther King Jr. A moron.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The fact is, Islam as a religion does NOT condone beating, burning, raping or mutilating women

You need a fact check for your facts.
Research Hadiths

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I know what Hadiths are. They were written by more conservative branches of Muslims hundreds of years AFTER Muhammad's death. Research the Quran, the only TRUE and unchanging source of Islam.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The words coming out of her mouth have exposed her agenda.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Sillyolme
And this means what to the woman's march?

You and I both know it is an attempt to de-legitimize the march. It's a yuuuge stretch, but it's all they got.

It is most definitely all they got....
1. Madonna-blow up the WH
2. Speaker who was in prison for torturing a man, really sick and gruesome
3. Many assaults caught on camera
4. fire, vandalism, destruction
5. Large % of sign were anti-trump not pro-women
6. Vag costume/ Imagine if guys wore a dick costume. Look like idiots, same with getting naked.
7. George Soros funding fingerprints all over these marches-A guy known to fund protest to cause revolutions for his interest
8. This was in the wake of a woman candidate losing, appears to the public to be world's biggest sore loser fest.

I know I cannot be unbiased in my views of muslims and women rights in the same sentence.
I know you also cannot. This is crazy that feminist are now defending Islam. They would never defend christianity like this.

It is making a large number of guys wonder if women simply want to be dominated, thats what Islam is. That is the big question for western guys right now. They cannot understand why women are encouraging people to come over who will inflict crimes against them. Defending islam while at the same time destroying the western man.
edit on 28-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I know what Hadiths are. They were written by more conservative branches of Muslims hundreds of years AFTER Muhammad's death. Research the Quran, the only TRUE and unchanging source of Islam.

You may want to keep in mind that today's Muslims exist thousands of years AFTER Muhammad's death.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Add the featured speaker Donna Hylton to that list of ways that the Womens March delegitimized itself.
The American Spectator
My error... it is number two on your list.
But the link has her full UGLY story.
edit on b000000312017-01-28T11:19:17-06:0011America/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 11:19:17 -06001100000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You may want to keep in mind that today's Muslims exist thousands of years AFTER Muhammad's death.

I guess my point went right over your head.

The Hadiths aren't directly from Muhammad. They are not the definitive Islam like the Quran is. They've even been known to be revised from time to time. Not so for the Quran.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why try to point to some off topic issue to justify the blaten hypocrisy of this woman. She is in it to further the Muslim cause not anything to do with women's causes. Yet she is organizing women's protests all of a sudden...Why? Wouldn't have to do with them being aimed at Trump would it...You know considering he is trying to shut down the flow of people coming to America from Muslim countries. It's so disingenuous it's not even funny. Yet here you are trying to defend her which in my eyes makes you just as hypocritical and just as nauseating.

Edit: Also how many Muslims in Muslim countries do you think take part in and enjoy the custom of making women subservient and lesser beings? I would say from what I have seen and heard mostly from my friends who've been there is they pretty much all act that way anywhere Sharia law is the law of the land. I see no one speaking out for these women from that community do you? It's a losing battle trying to convince anyone that what this lady is doing is nothing but dishonest and hypocritical...Not to mention disgusting.
edit on 28-1-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I guess my point went right over your head.

The Hadiths aren't directly from Muhammad. They are not the definitive Islam like the Quran is. They've even been known to be revised from time to time. Not so for the Quran.

Is it possible that my point went over your head?
I am pointing out that the Hadiths are still being followed by millions of Muslims today.
Whether you believe they are 'true Muslims'....
They believe that they are and that is what matters.

Also...
Since the authors of the Hadiths changed Mohammed's original teachings, isn't it possible that these people were liberals instead of conservatives?
Remember... conservatives don't like change!
Another edit....
I should have said BILLIONS of Muslims, because Quranic Muslims are relatively few in number..
Do you know of any Muslims that offer prayers 5 times a day facing Mecca?
They are following something from the Hadiths when they do that.
edit on b000000312017-01-28T12:48:54-06:0012America/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 12:48:54 -06001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

So when Ted Nugent publicly stated that if Obama was elected in 2012 that he (Ted) would either be dead or in jail, did that de-legitimize the whole gun rights issue, or conservative Americans in general?

You don't know anything about true Islam. The Quran gives women equal rights when it comes to owning property, running a business, marriage refusal rights, and many other situations. Conservatism ( that nasty word) took over at some point and ruined a perfectly good religion. Much like what the Catholics and others did to the original teachings of Christ.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And those who fight against gay rights say they are simply following the orders of Christ. That doesn't mean the Christian religion is bad, it means some people have attempted to take over the true Christian religion.

Point out the stuff bad people do in the name of religion - sure.

Claiming the whole religion is bad - nope.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Nice try. The original Islam was hijacked by Saudi Arabia to match up with their own cultural monstrosities - because they didn't want to change them.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Did I do that?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Did I do that?

Plenty on this thread have. And plenty on this site have. And plenty in this country have.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Nice try. The original Islam was hijacked by Saudi Arabia to match up with their own cultural monstrosities - because they didn't want to change them.

A swing and a miss for you.
Saudi Arabia was founded in 1932.
Long after the hadiths.

Want to just say 'Arabian'?

If so, Mohammed was born in Mecca, Arabia. He was Arabian.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Seems she wants to use anything (regardless if it's related to whom she is speaking to) to deflect away from the glaringly obvious point of this thread. Why a woman would defend this lady is beyond me...However I think you may be trying to convince a brick wall to think rationally...And that will just never happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Wahhabism is named after an eighteenth-century preacher and activist, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703–1792).[24] He started a reform movement in the remote, sparsely populated region of Najd,[25] advocating a purging of practices such as tawassul, and shrine and tomb visitation, widespread among Muslims, but which he considered idolatry (shirk), impurities and innovations in Islam (Bid'ah).[9][22] Eventually he formed a pact with a local leader Muhammad bin Saud offering political obedience and promising that protection and propagation of the Wahhabi movement mean "power and glory" and rule of "lands and men."[26]

The alliance between followers of ibn Abd al-Wahhab and Muhammad bin Saud's successors (the House of Saud) proved to be a durable one. The House of Saud continued to maintain its politico-religious alliance with the Wahhabi sect through the waxing and waning of its own political fortunes over the next 150 years, through to its eventual proclamation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932, and then afterwards, on into modern times.

However, Wahhabism has also been called "a particular orientation within Salafism",[36] or an ultra-conservative, Saudi brand of Salafism

The majority of mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims worldwide strongly disagree with the interpretation of Wahhabism and consider it a "vile sect".

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-1-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hate to hold you to something, but we were speaking of the Hadiths and the people that wrote them down.
What you cited here came long afterwards.

Do you know any Muslims that pray 5 times a day?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There are different collections of Hadiths followed by different branches. Hadiths weren't officially compiled and approved, as the Quran was. Some Hadiths were invented for political reasons or for theological control. Islamic scholars had to interpret which were authentic and which were invented. They still don't always agree on the authenticity of all the Hadiths.

Please don't claim that the Hadiths are universally followed throughout Islam because they are not. Also, most of the oppressive laws towards women come from the Saudi area (women can't drive cars, or own property, or run businesses, etc.) Other Muslim countries don't have those same rules.

I just can't stand it when people (not you necessarily) get on here and say "Islam BAD", when they don't know anything about the religion, and only go by what the anti-Muslim propaganda machine tells them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join