It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has American Christianity Failed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

American Christianity is a failure in that it has never been a peaceful or tolerant Christ like organization just like Roman or Orthodox Christianity never has been.

The reason for this is instead of focusing on Jesus and his 12 chosen Apostles the focus is on the writings of the "Christ" of Paul.

A non human divine blood sacrifice that talks to him in secret revelations that make no sense.

And Paul is the God of Christianity, that is why it has failed.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

No non JW Bible uses Jehovah in the New Testament and only a couple do for the Old.

Yahweh is never uttered by Jesus, Father is what he calls him and "my El/God."

Or Eloi, Eloi..."

Jehovah is a Medieval fabrication that combines the vowels of Adonai and Y-H-V-H

YAHOVAH

Sorry, but the DSS use YHVH.

Early Greek Bibles left it untranslated.
edit on 7-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: irenialilivenka

The Divine Name King James Bible (DNKJB) uses the name "Jehovah" also in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

There is no evidence or logical reason to argue that Jesus never uttered the name Jehovah when he was quoting the Hebrew Scriptures that contained that name and especially since the bible contradicts your tricky way of reasoning or arguing about this subject as the videos explain. And why don't you play the same tricky game with the name Jesus? Then suddenly the translation "Jesus" is just fine and isn't a reason to share a bunch of misleading distracting red herrings and things that are incorrect/untrue?

JW ARCHIVES DIVINE NAME JHWH YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV COMPARE.
God's Name Jehovah part 1 (watch till 3:53)
Jn 17,6, 11, 26 How Did Jesus Make the Name of God Known p.1
Jn 17,6, 11, 26 How Did Jesus Make the Name of God Known P2
Given the information regarding vowel marks given in the video entitled "God's Name Jehovah part 1", page 10 in the pdf below becomes a lot more interesting:
THE BIBLE AND THE DIVINE NAME
edit on 7-2-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Where indeed.

The Divine Name King James Bible (DNKJB) uses the name "Jehovah" also in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

There is no evidence or logical reason to argue that Jesus never uttered the name Jehovah

The opposite is true my friend, there is no evidence in the Greek scriptures of the use of YHVH, the only appropriate time to use Yahweh or Jehovah.

There is no reason to think that he did use it but it was just unrecorded. You are applying logic backwards.

when he was quoting the Hebrew Scriptures that contained that name and especially since the bible contradicts your tricky way of reasoning or arguing about this subject as the videos explain. And why don't you play the same tricky game with the name Jesus? Then suddenly the translation "Jesus" is just fine and isn't a reason to share a bunch of misleading distracting red herrings and things that are incorrect/untrue?

JW ARCHIVES DIVINE NAME JHWH YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV COMPARE.
God's Name Jehovah part 1 (watch till 3:53)
Jn 17,6, 11, 26 How Did Jesus Make the Name of God Known p.1
Jn 17,6, 11, 26 How Did Jesus Make the Name of God Known P2
Given the information regarding vowel marks given in the video entitled "God's Name Jehovah part 1", page 10 in the pdf below becomes a lot more interesting:
THE BIBLE AND THE DIVINE NAME

OK, I only see one thing worth responding to after my first comment and it's that Jesus did use Aramaic or Hebrew when dying and he said "Eloi, Eloi...."

My God, My God. Father and God are what he uses and NEVER Jehovah.

That name didn't exist until Medieval times, YHWH was combined with the vowels in Adonai to make YAHOVAH.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

There is no logical reason to assume something happened if it is not recorded, as a rule and generally speaking.

Now if Jesus did in fact use the name YHWH and it didn't get recorded, that doesn't make sense at all. The greatest Prophet the world has ever known and not once does he say "Yahweh."

If it is not recorded you don't assume he did say it, you tentatively assume that he did not. When a Greek or better yet Aramaic MS. emerges with Jesus saying "Yahweh, Yahweh, why have you foreskin me" THEN you change the conclusion based on positive evidence, not on negative evidence.

The reason to assume he didn't say Yahweh is because it is unrecorded in any Gospel, Act, Epistle or Apocalypse.

There is no reason to assume he said something. Maybe he said Ahura Mazda too, but it is not something you assume.

Let Jesus speak for Jesus.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That is a great question. It is my belief that no one could live up to the example of Christ. Some believe that is the reason he had to be sacrificed. To save the world. To cover our many sins with his perfect nature. If you do follow Christ fully, if that could even be done, I don't think you would live very long. Everyone would be against you in today's age, even the so called churches.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Jesus using God's name was recorded, sticking your head in the sand and repeating your 'spelling'-routine isn't going to change anything other than affect people. But perhaps that's your main purpose for being here, others seem to know better who you are (or your original accountname). What I'm wondering though, do you also have a main account and are only making new accounts every few months so that you can repeat your routine again with a clean record without it tainting your main account. For the gullible ones who don't know you are incapable of speaking the truth about something that is important (such as the identity or name of God).

You're always arguing for that which Akragon and Matrixsurvivor like to argue for as well (or encourage other people to think about), and you sound like SethTsaddik/TerriblePhoenix. Aren't they missing you in the Paul-bashing and slandering threads? Where all the ones supposedly sticking up for Paul are also twisting his words and not really defending Paul as they say things like "In defence of Paul...."* or use their eisegesis regarding theosophies from Christendom to read things regarding for example the topics of "faith", "grace" and the doctrine of the Trinity into Paul's words and then argue for those in supposed defence of Paul, Christianity and the bible?

*: that wasn't a quotation from those threads but from my thread "One myth leads to another" from Seede while he was pretending to defend Paul while placing a subtle one below the belt by accusing Paul of joining a cult/sect when he became a Christian, in so doing also accusing true Christianity of being a cult, just like the (mostly Jewish) opposers of Paul and Christianity did in Paul's time, what else is new under the sun, nothing apparently (Eccl.1:9). And all this while claiming to be a "Christian". Nice game you people play here. Raggedyman (the supposed Chrsitian) sides with nameless and assists him with his paintjobs on me, nameless quoted Wilson who was a friend of Aleister Crowley ( a known Satanist, telling regarding Raggedyman playing along with nameless), ChesterJohn can't accept the words from the AV/KJV that he claims is the only reliable source regarding God's Word and contradicts it directly by denying that Jesus has a God, Akragon pretends to take no position and be all innocent as he gets people going on the Paul+bible bashing+discrediting bandwagon, then you have a bunch of people calling themselves enlightened, ...light, etc. who are so much in the dark and spreading darkness that they couldn't tie their own shoelaces if they even wanted to do so in the first place. Did I leave any of the regular commenters out? Don't feel left out, the spirit of the world and this system of things affects everyone, including me and my patience.
edit on 9-2-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Jesus using God's name was recorded, sticking your head in the sand and repeating your 'spelling'-routine isn't going to change anything other than affect people.

Jesus used El(God), Abba(Father), Lord(Adonai), but never Yahweh.

You are saying it was used, Jehovah or Yahweh.

I say prove it. Show me a Greek MS. with Yahweh in it.

How is me telling people that Jesus never said Yahweh or that the name Jehovah is a Medieval invention not "going to change anything other than affect people?"

Do you mean "effect"? Because it won't do that. Or "affect."

All due respect nobody takes the JW's seriously, Christians make fun of you only less than the Mormons and say your religion is Satanic.

I agree.

But perhaps that's your main purpose for being here, others seem to know better who you are (or your original accountname). What I'm wondering though, do you also have a main account and are only making new accounts every few months so that you can repeat your routine again with a clean record without it tainting your main account. For the gullible ones who don't know you are incapable of speaking the truth about something that is important (such as the identity or name of God).

You're always arguing for that which Akragon and Matrixsurvivor like to argue for as well (or encourage other people to think about), and you sound like SethTsaddik/TerriblePhoenix. Aren't they missing you in the Paul-bashing and slandering threads? Where all the ones supposedly sticking up for Paul are also twisting his words and not really defending Paul as they say things like "In defence of Paul...."* or use their eisegesis regarding theosophies from Christendom to read things regarding for example the topics of "faith", "grace" and the doctrine of the Trinity into Paul's words and then argue for those in supposed defence of Paul, Christianity and the bible?

*: that wasn't a quotation from those threads but from my thread "One myth leads to another" from Seede while he was pretending to defend Paul while placing a subtle one below the belt by accusing Paul of joining a cult/sect when he became a Christian, in so doing also accusing true Christianity of being a cult, just like the (mostly Jewish) opposers of Paul and Christianity did in Paul's time, what else is new under the sun, nothing apparently (Eccl.1:9). And all this while claiming to be a "Christian". Nice game you people play here. Raggedyman (the supposed Chrsitian) sides with nameless and assists him with his paintjobs on me, nameless quoted Wilson who was a friend of Aleister Crowley ( a known Satanist, telling regarding Raggedyman playing along with nameless), ChesterJohn can't accept the words from the AV/KJV that he claims is the only reliable source regarding God's Word and contradicts it directly by denying that Jesus has a God, Akragon pretends to take no position and be all innocent as he gets people going on the Paul+bible bashing+discrediting bandwagon, then you have a bunch of people calling themselves enlightened, ...light, etc. who are so much in the dark and spreading darkness that they couldn't tie their own shoelaces if they even wanted to do so in the first place. Did I leave any of the regular commenters out? Don't feel left out, the spirit of the world and this system of things affects everyone, including me and my patience.

Why are you so mad?

This is LITERALLY my first and only account, false assumptions and allegations are the seeds of lies.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

That is a great question. It is my belief that no one could live up to the example of Christ. Some believe that is the reason he had to be sacrificed. To save the world.

When? And how does a mans death "save the world" when it didn't even save the Nazarenes from being declared heretics, the "Jewish Christians" or Nazarenes, the descendants of Jesus and James, Peter, and John was persecuted out of existence so Rome could claim legitimacy over Jerusalem and to being the "True Church" of Jesus.

So it didn't save his friends or their descendants and has been the reason for more death than salvation, and the human sacrifice angle is not historical but a metaphor taken literally by the most uneducated and/or corrupt Romans until Constantine made it the state religion you had Nazarenes in Asia who had their own Gospel that was destroyed by Rome and few quotes survive.

To cover our many sins with his perfect nature. If you do follow Christ fully, if that could even be done, I don't think you would live very long. Everyone would be against you in today's age, even the so called churches.

Take responsibility for your sins and stop engaging in human sacrifice paganism thinking it was what Jesus taught.

It wasn't. He never says his death is a sin offering, Rome added those elements under Pauline influence, a man who never knew Jesus in reality and was quite mad.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It seems like you have a problem with everybody, they are not the "supposed" Christians, you are.

Ranting like that makes you look so foolish.

I recommend not criticizing everyone who is not indoctrinated into the cult of the Watchtower that you are. If you join fringe religions you should expect nobody in the mainstream will agree with you, getting angry and talking about other Christians who are not a part of this conversation is cowardly since they can't answer your accusations unless they happen to stumble upon this thread.

And if you can't take criticism of your assumptions that lack evidence and proof, don't make such erroneous statements that have no basis in fact.

Accusing people of having multiple accounts when they don't makes you a teller of falsehoods that even if were true (they are not though) you could never know, you are angry and it shows and you let it show, and get the best of you.

My personal assessment of your character, in response to your rant, is that it is only concerned with never being wrong about anything, you and your religion are all that are true and anything that shows the absurdity of it you dismiss with rationalization.

You also display signs of a person who doesn't come to his own conclusions and everything you know was probably told to since birth or joining the Watchers society.

C.T. Russell was an occultist, not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just not typically a Christian interest.

Don't you guys think Jesus was an angel or something?
edit on 9-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

When? And how does a mans death "save the world" when it didn't even save the Nazarenes from being declared heretics, the "Jewish Christians" or Nazarenes, the descendants of Jesus and James, Peter, and John was persecuted out of existence so Rome could claim legitimacy over Jerusalem and to being the "True Church" of Jesus.

Jesus grew up in Nazareth, after he came back from Egypt. The Nazarene's did not believe Jesus was the Messiah. Remember in the Old Testament how the Hebrews would use an unblemished lamb for a sacrifice for their sins? Jesus is referred to as the lamb, because his death is viewed as the ultimate sacrifice.

So it didn't save his friends or their descendants and has been the reason for more death than salvation

Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. Luke 17:33

Take responsibility for your sins and stop engaging in human sacrifice paganism thinking it was what Jesus taught.

So you think I engage in human sacrifice? You do know what the term engage means correct?
Are you religious? If so, what is your belief?
And everyone will be taking responsibility for their sins. So you shouldn't worry about that part.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: irenialilivenka
All due respect nobody takes the JW's seriously, Christians make fun of you only less than the Mormons and say your religion is Satanic.

The proof or evidence is in the videos. The proof that you were spreading falsehoods and are now quickly talking past one particular lie and (or also by) changing (switching away from) your earlier claim that I responded to by reminding everyone of the Divine Name King James Bible, is in my commentary and your follow-up commentary, demonstrating an unwillingness to acknowledge that you were spreading a falsehood or to come clean about it. This behaviour is exactly the same as SethTsaddik did in the thread about Marcion, he also was spreading falsehoods and when being corrected he also quickly switched to another falsehood, twists or half-truths and immediately attempting to turn the thread into a mudslinging contest boasting about his own knowledge, understanding and insight into what is supposedly true about the subject spoken of.

I'm not angry about demonstrations of the bible verses that speak about hypocrisy and similar bible verses such as the one speaking about those painting light (love, accurate knowledge, loving reproof and correction) as darkness (anger or hate) and darkness (dismissive disdainfulness, hate, falsehoods, deception, negative picture painting, slander, ad hominems) as light (enlightenment, knowledge and implying "all due respect" when there is no respect for the person spoken to or group spoken about). The persecution described in the bible is not limited to physical violence.
Persecuted yet Happy

“Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.”—MATTHEW 5:11.

"Sect" is a synonym for "cult" and is a word that has been used to slander real Christians since Christianity began.

Name-Calling

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller’s strategy has worked.

For example, in recent years a powerful antisect sentiment has swept many countries in Europe and elsewhere. This trend has stirred emotions, created the image of an enemy, and reinforced existing prejudices against religious minorities. Often, “sect” becomes a catchword. “‘Sect’ is another word for ‘heretic,’” wrote German Professor Martin Kriele in 1993, “and a heretic today in Germany, as in former times, is [condemned to extermination]—if not by fire . . . , then by character assassination, isolation and economic destruction.”

The Institute for Propaganda Analysis notes that “bad names have played a tremendously powerful role in the history of the world and in our own individual development. They have ruined reputations, . . . sent [people] to prison cells, and made men mad enough to enter battle and slaughter their fellowmen.”

The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

"They intend to make my people forget my name..." Jehovah said (through one of his prophets) at Jer.23:27.
edit on 10-2-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

No non JW Bible uses Jehovah in the New Testament and only a couple do for the Old.

Besides the fact that I demonstrated that the above claim is a falsehood, it's ironic that my commentary on the previous page (including the one you were responding to) only contained quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures (regarding God's name) also called "the Old Testament" by those within Christendom. So why even bring up such a red herring that is untrue. It's not a response to anything I've quoted or said on the previous page. It's just throwing a false accusation out there to influence others, just like most of the rest that comes out of some people's mouths.

Proverbs 12
12 A useless and wicked man walks about with crooked speech;

13 He winks with his eye, signals with his foot, and motions with his fingers.

14 With a perverted heart,

He is always scheming evil and spreading contentions.

15 Therefore, his disaster will come suddenly;

In a moment he will be broken beyond healing.

16 There are six things that Jehovah hates;

Yes, seven things that he detests:

17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 A heart plotting wicked schemes, and feet that run quickly to evil,

19 A false witness who lies with every breath,

And anyone sowing contentions among brothers.

Romans 3
10 just as it is written: “There is not a righteous man, not even one;+ 11 there is no one who has any insight; there is no one who searches for God. 12 All men have turned aside, all of them have become worthless; there is no one who shows kindness, not so much as one.”+

1st + : Ecclesiastes 7:20: For there is no righteous man on earth who always does good and never sins.
2nd + : Psalms 14:1-3: The foolish one says in his heart: “There is no Jehovah.” Their actions are corrupt, and their dealings are detestable; No one is doing good. 2 But Jehovah looks down from heaven on the sons of men To see whether anyone has insight, whether anyone is seeking Jehovah. 3 They have all turned aside; They are all alike corrupt. No one is doing good, Not even one.

13 “Their throat is an open grave; they have deceived with their tongues.” “Venom of asps is behind their lips.” 14 “And their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.” 15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood.” 16 “Ruin and misery are in their ways, 17 and they have not known the way of peace.” 18 “There is no fear of* [or "reverence for"] God before their eyes.”

The song above in historical context.
"The way of peace":

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You have a fantastic imagination.

Nothing I said WAS a "falsehood" so demonstrating it as such is the ACTUAL falsehood, as is claiming to have done so (demonstrating my alleged falsehood).

All I have to say I have already said, but I will repeat, I get it you are a JW, I know what comes with that which is a top of the line pair of blinders to the truth and a detachment from reality.

So how is it you have "demonstrated" the factual statement of the Medieval inventing of Jehovah is a falsehood when it is actually the truth?

Or do you just not care about or want to know anything that exposes the fallacy that the Society of the Watchers of the Tower of Babel is?

Urghh, I mean Watchtower Bible and tract (read: propaganda) society.

Why do you think they accuse everyone else of being Mystery Babylon, are so obsessed with Mystery Babylon?

Because THEY are Mystery Babylon and by saying everyone ELSE is you won't notice THEY are. Do you use a Bible based on the Babylonian Tanakh aka Masoretic text?

You name dropped several people who all have different opinions and said every one of them was ill informed, a so called Christian or a hater of Paul, including fundamental Paulinist Chester John who is a Jehovah man himself and a person you should be on the same page as.

Both of you are lacking in common sense and logic and are very angry, maybe it's your religion that is responsible.

Go with Yesha! Reject Paul.
edit on 10-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

The proof or evidence is in the videos.

Translation: You don't know, the video does.

I don't trust anyone who is a JW and won't be watching your indoctrination programming because I probably know more about religion than the producer, definitely if said producer is a JW.

If you want me to listen, explain it yourself. Otherwise I will have to say you don't know how to.

The proof that you were spreading falsehoods and are now quickly talking past one particular lie and (or also by) changing (switching away from) your earlier claim that I responded to by reminding everyone of the Divine Name King James Bible,

Not exactly the most reputable Bible.

Jehovah nor any Greek equivalent appears in the oldest NT MSS. So you are relying on a lying Bible translators decision to interpolate scripture.

Tsk tsk.

is in my commentary and your follow-up commentary, demonstrating an unwillingness to acknowledge that you were spreading a falsehood or to come clean about it. This behaviour is exactly the same as SethTsaddik did in the thread about Marcion, he also was spreading falsehoods and when being corrected he also quickly switched to another falsehood, twists or half-truths and immediately attempting to turn the thread into a mudslinging contest boasting about his own knowledge, understanding and insight into what is supposedly true about the subject spoken of.

I think you are lying. I am not Seth, though I am interested in that thread as it sounds interesting.

So what falsehoods did Seth state?

And how did you correct him.

Actually, let me investigate this one and I will decide who I think was lying or wrong and get back to you, knowing you from our few interactions I would bet you are telling tall tales.

I'm not angry

I see you are clearly angry at several people, even paranoid and conspiracy theorizing.

about demonstrations of the bible verses that speak about hypocrisy and similar bible verses such as the one speaking about those painting light (love, accurate knowledge, loving reproof and correction) as darkness (anger or hate) and darkness (dismissive disdainfulness, hate, falsehoods, deception, negative picture painting, slander, ad hominems) as light (enlightenment, knowledge and implying "all due respect" when there is no respect for the person spoken to or group spoken about). The persecution described in the bible is not limited to physical violence.
Persecuted yet Happy

“Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.”—MATTHEW 5:11.

"Sect" is a synonym for "cult" and is a word that has been used to slander real Christians since Christianity began.

Name-Calling

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller’s strategy has worked.

For example, in recent years a powerful antisect sentiment has swept many countries in Europe and elsewhere. This trend has stirred emotions, created the image of an enemy, and reinforced existing prejudices against religious minorities. Often, “sect” becomes a catchword. “‘Sect’ is another word for ‘heretic,’” wrote German Professor Martin Kriele in 1993, “and a heretic today in Germany, as in former times, is [condemned to extermination]—if not by fire . . . , then by character assassination, isolation and economic destruction.”

The Institute for Propaganda Analysis notes that “bad names have played a tremendously powerful role in the history of the world and in our own individual development. They have ruined reputations, . . . sent [people] to prison cells, and made men mad enough to enter battle and slaughter their fellowmen.”

The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

"They intend to make my people forget my name..." Jehovah said (through one of his prophets) at Jer.23:27.

I think you are VERY angry.

About your lack of ability to prove your positions.

About the fact that you have to delude yourself into believing you have proven your opinion is true or disproven others factual statements for the sake of your religion.

Are JW's even allowed to use the internet?

Yes, it is mine and most Christians opinion that your religion is a cult. Take it how you will but it is not a statement made from ignorance, at least not by me.

I think the WS is one of the most satanic religions in the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Seth stated: "Justin never quoted from the Gospels."

You said: "Yes he did."

You were asked to prove it, could not, and the very last message in the thread is Seth saying this.

You never showed him saying anything untrue and as far as I can tell neither did anyone else. Justin Martyr never did quote from the Gospels (I fact checked this myself) his OP stated he used a different document and that he never mentioned Paul but DID mention Marcion.

An interesting theory indeed it is that Paul was created by Marcion and very possible.

Only question I have for you is why are you having such difficulty with the scholarly known fact that Martyr didn't know of any Gospels or a man named Paul at the time of writing his Apologies?

Because he didn't quote from them or mention them. According to the OP in the thread "Memoirs of the Apostles" was Justin's document.

You were repeatedly asked to prove that Justin did quote Matthew, I think, were given a link to the book Apologies of Justin so you could cite the location of said quote.

Yet you didn't. You are a delusional person if you think you are a victor in that debate between you and Seth, he made you look foolish so much so I chuckled at your weak attempts to prove that your (dependant on another's words) statement was factual, few and meagre though they were.

Which is understandable since you were flat out wrong and made a statement before knowing the facts, which is arrogant as it is an assumption by you that you always are right.

But Seth got the last word, you were defeated.

Proceed with your excuse.
edit on 10-2-2017 by irenialilivenka because: Fact checking

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The Divine Name King James Bible (DNKJB) uses the name "Jehovah" also in the Christian Greek Scriptures a.k.a. "the New Testament". The Divine Name King James Bible (DNKJB) cannot be honestly described as a "JW Bible" (loaded language, see article in my signature). You are only interested in promoting falsehoods or holding on to them and painting negative pictures ("ranting", "never being wrong about anything") on anyone daring to address or correct/reprove any of those falsehoods/lies.

Someone is ranting, slandering, ridiculing and not willing to admit they're wrong about anything here but it isn't me.

One of your motives may have been to trigger the thought of a so-called "JW bible" in others here, which triggers quite a few false reasonings other people have heard about the subject, nicely distracting people from the issues I raised regarding honest and dishonest translations that won't restore the Divine name to its rightful location in their bible translations as all the evidence shows and all related subjects to that (all the evidence available that shows this deception game being played and which bible translations are really being honest about it). Or the reality that even with that obscuring behaviour described at Jeremiah 23:27 these bible translations still clearly teach the truth about "the God...of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3) and that one does not require another bible translation to get an accurate knowledge of the truth about that subject. And perhaps distract from the fact that most of the videos I shared either use quotations from a large variety of translations or are talking about several translations such as the KJV/AV.

Quick fact:
The Nuremberg Polyglot uses the Divine name in the Christian Greek Scriptures a.k.a. the New Testament. The pdf I shared earlier at the end of one of my comments contains a picture. The vowel marks for e, o, and a, are also interesting in the related video with pictures of several older texts such as the MT, regarding the "Medieval invention" and "adonai"-argument and red herring for example.

Here's a demonstration of some people playing the same debate games with red herrings and false reasonings, these ones claim to be Christians though. They are Trinitarians within Christendom using the same line of reasoning and arguing to distract from the real issues here (from what's important to understand if one wants to be honest about these subjects, and wants to know the truth about it, the facts):

I know, most people just prefer to stick their heads in the sand regarding the behaviour above also on display here in this thread now (by not even watching). But C.S. Lewis had something interesting to say about that type of willful or feigned ignorance (best not watch the video below beyond 12 minutes):

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You can talk until you are blue in the face about your "not" JW Bible, nobody cares or takes it or your religion seriously, you are not even viewed as Christians by other Christians, though I say you are, just really clumsy ones, logically speaking as well as impossible to have a scholarly discussion with because you don't know how to admit you are wrong.

And you, personally, are wrong a LOT.

Shalom.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Some people seem to be following these instructions very well:

edit on 11-2-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join