It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Demanding Donald Trump Release His Tax Returns Breaks White House Record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Petition Demanding Donald Trump Release His Tax Returns Breaks White House Record

A petition on the White House website asking President Donald Trump to release information about his tax returns has now received more signatures than any other petition in the system’s five-year history.

The petition demands that the federal government explain what it is doing to “immediately release Donald Trump’s full tax returns, with all information needed to verify emoluments clause compliance.” It garnered over 100,000 signatures within 24 hours of the president’s inauguration and has become the subject of a New York Times editorial.

“The unprecedented economic conflicts of this administration need to be visible to the American people, including any pertinent documentation which can reveal the foreign influences and financial interests which may put Donald Trump in conflict with the emoluments clause of the Constitution,” states a brief description of the petition.

As of Thursday afternoon, the petition had over 368,000 signatures, surpassing the previous record of 367,180. The previous record-holder called for the United States government to “legally recognize the Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.”

Looks like the American people DO want to see Trump's taxes despite his insistence that we don't.

Trump has kept in place former President Barack Obama’s online petition system, which was created in 2011 to increase accessibility to government. The site also still states that a petition with at least 100,000 signatures will get an official response.

So ball's in Trump's court. Let's see how he responds. I'm guessing he'll just give us some more "alternative facts" about how seeing them is unnecessary.

[link to petition removed...]
edit on 27-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jan 27 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If Trump refuses, even in the face of this stratospheric response to a petition, even if it grows out of proportion to all previous petitions, if he goes as far as to remove the petition system to prevent it ever being used against him even, then what do you suppose the public would take away from that, Krazysh0t?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A tax magician never reveals his tricks.

plus most people are uneducated boors, even if the info came out, the media will skew and twist and whip up the usual idiots into a rabid frenzy with little regard for the truth

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So ball's in Trump's court. Let's see how he responds. I'm guessing he'll just give us some more "alternative facts" about how seeing them is unnecessary.

www.youtube.com...

Is this fake news?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm sure his supporters will cheer and say that everything is hunkey dory, but everyone else will die a bit more inside.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

no one cares unless they are desperate to kick him out of office because theyre sore losers

yes, i dont care i want progress and to move forward. the elections are over HRC lost, trump is president for four years

not gonna sway people to vote against him with this petty BS

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What are his tax returns going to change? I mean really? In the scheme of things they mean nothing.

There wasn't any outrage when Bernie Sanders "Mr. the rich don't pay their fair share" only paid 13% on a 300,000 take home.
edit on 27-1-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What are his tax returns going to change? I mean really? In the scheme of things they mean nothing.

There wasn't any outrage when Bernie Sanders "Mr. the rich don't pay their fair share" only paid 13% on a 300,000 take home.

My understanding is there's a possibility that Trump's tax returns could reveal conflicts of interest in relation to him being POTUS that we don't know about. That's a very serious issue in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Release nothing. Go forward. Don't waste time.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

But there was plenty of outrage over Obama's long form birth certificate. And in the long term this could show us just how/if at all in bed with Putin Trump is. So since we care about it we'll just keep on with that kthx!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

How? He doesn't own his businesses anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Let's see being a citizen is a pre requisite to becoming president, giving people your tax returns isn't.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Looks like the American people DO want to see Trump's taxes despite his insistence that we don't.

300 million people in the nation..........a petition of 300k means the people want what?
.0012 want this.....

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

That is not actually true.

If it were, he would have started the process of actually selling off his empire when he chose to run. Divestiture and all that.

Did he do it? No. He gave everything to his kids, and expects you all to believe that he will never discuss business with them, or give them insider tips, despite his entire business empire being built on pulling dirty moves.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Profusion

How? He doesn't own his businesses anymore.

The possibilities are endless.

Exhibit A

Chris Matthews says Cheney got $34 million payday from Halliburton

Anything more than that would be total speculation on my part.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
His "family" won't care. They don't care about anything, anymore.

I'm feeling a lot like Charlton Heston these days.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
not gonna sway people to vote against him with this petty BS

Bow down to the Corruption in Chief.

On a serious note I thout he as meant to be all about transparency, not refusing to relase hisis conflicts on interest. That and exposing major crime/money launderring.

Perhaps this is one reason why he wants to abolis the Free Press?
edit on 27-1-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
But... but... this was 'litigated' during the election. 'The People' have spoken. They're not interested in his taxes. So clearly these are all illegals petitioning.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

only been a week and youre all losing it, stress is really bad for you

gonna be a really really long four years hoping for complete failure of your president

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

When he does release them I think the left will be in for yet another surprise.. Some of his doings may "look" shady, but he is using laws and loopholes that HE did not create. In other words, he more than likely did everything by the book, even if that "book" is screwed up.
edit on 27-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join