It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Apple move to India an imminent sign of war with China??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
A couple of days back, during my morning coffee, I came across a news piece that attracted my full attention, the news piece gave me goosebumps to say the least.

Apple is going to relocate its manufacturing plants to India from China.

It seems to me that a strategic move is on the works for an impending war with China. I, for one, welcome the move with enthusiasm. I'm not a belligerent individual, however I take serious issue with a country that wouldn't be what it is if it weren't because of American creativity and entrepreneurship.

Billions of our dollars have gone to China due to an accord that benefited both countries, and what has China done with those benefits??? Nothing but to antagonize us in return and threat our allies in the region.

I say, to hell with them. Let's teach them some respect by kicking some ass and relocating all of our strategic companies to several emerging economies and not just to only one. Let's place this situation in the lesson-learned section.

In a way it's our fault for letting it get to this point. We'll, not our fault entirely, it was the CIA's fault for not anticipating it in the first place.

www.digitaltrends.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Vanux

Great news. India is pro Trump. Karmic retribution in shape of business to come. Namaste !

link   
Apple is rather ruthlessly going to do what makes them money.
(love their products BTW)

However the workers at their Chinese Plants are profoundly unhappy and for good reason, so I'm thinking to forestall better working conditions, it's easier to go find another low cost workforce to exploit. Plus the production of tech us amazing polluting and now that Apple has # the nest in China time to move onto cleaner pastures.

IIRC Apple just took a drubbing with taxes in Ireland as well.
India is financially less restrictive, so looks appealing.

link   

Is this for cheaper labor?

Trump effect? Is India ok to import from?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Donald Trump has fired the first shots in a trade war with China and Mexico. India is the safest haven for low cost tech manufacturing now.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Do you wonder if that is the case? Has trump a glaring blind spot?

If he does, the savvy investor has a huge tell for safe and huge profits.
edit on 27-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Apple is rather ruthlessly going to do what makes them money.
(love their products BTW)

However the workers at their Chinese Plants are profoundly unhappy and for good reason, so I'm thinking to forestall better working conditions, it's easier to go find another low cost workforce to exploit. Plus the production of tech us amazing polluting and now that Apple has # the nest in China time to move onto cleaner pastures.

IIRC Apple just took a drubbing with taxes in Ireland as well.
India is financially less restrictive, so looks appealing.

THIS IS THE REASON I WOULD BE PUTTING MY MONEY ON /

China has a widening middle class that is ever growing and as such workers are now demanding more and more, the issues at the Apple plant are well documented and it makes perfect corporate psychopath sense to just move the operation to the next developing country to exploit the labour and maintain profit.

I would say this move has been in the pipeline for a couple of years and is nothing new only that we are starting to hear of it.

RA
edit on 27-1-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So Trump is allowing Apple, one of the top US companies to move to India? Way to go Trump. India First!!!

Oh and I wouldn't be too up for a war with China. The US would probably lose especially if Russia helps China do us in. The US is not as big and bad as these rednecks want to believe. Look at the fact that we are still fighting Iraq and Afghanistan. China? Right!!!!
edit on Fri January 27th, 2017 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

You and I must be long lost siblings. Well said. Can I add something? Could I put a high in your statement about profit? Because it isn't about a good or respectable profit--it is about high profits.

perfect corporate psychopath sense & exploit the labour and maintain profit

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Monitor the Trutter feed if sure he will tweet if not happy. And I think he will be unhappy.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Well said!
You're most likely right this move has been in the works for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dell and others also jumping ship over to India.

Aside from reasons we've already mentioned China has had quite a lock on the markets for phones from Mongolia to Russia to Indonesia. By placing production in India this gives tech companies a logistical toe hold in a region closer to those markets.

If they came out with a cheaper phone I could see them getting competitive fairly fast.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This less about a good deal for consumers and more about helping Cook (his $$ was cut) keep his job. The consumer is last on the list to get paid (by a cheaper phone).

If they came out with a cheaper phone I could see them getting competitive fairly fast.
a reply to: Caver78

edit on 27-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well Boeing is opening up a plant in India to make planes.

It's possible that companies are seeing the writing on the wall.

And moving.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think India would go to war with Pakistan before war would make it to China.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I hate to say this, but it does remind me, somewhat, of IBM's major move into the German federal marketplace during the Third Reich. Obviously IBM's executives, and Germany, knew a winner when they saw one.

China, at this point, is a winner. But bear in mind, with the exception of Tibet, parts of Mongolia and other remote areas (like Assam and Arunachal Pradesh states in India) China (that is to say, the Han Chinese, who have always been the backbone ethnicity of indigenous Chinese empires) has never invaded or occupied other countries. And those countries it claims as practically the same as themselves.

Based on that analysis I would say it is not in the nature of Chinese people (much less in their best interest) to contemplate conventional warfare with the U.S.A. There is scarcely any scenario where it would behoove them to bomb or invade us, with conventional weapons.

Why bother, when almost every single american has a communications device that has been p*wned at the hardware level (not to mention unlimited firm/soft-ware zero-day possibilities)?

North Korea and China want to terrorize or dominate us, for the lowest possible price, not occupy or wage conventional war against us. That is why computer programming and Chinese language would be offered in every single highschool in this country if we knew what is good for us.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Why don't you try to form a rational thought before posting nonsense.

1. How exactly would Trump stop Apple moving its factories from China to India? And why?

Apple probably doesn't want to lose its snowflake cred by caving into Trump's import tariffs by moving back to the US.

2. Our military's hands have been tied since WW2. We're not allowed to fight wars anymore we fight PR campaigns.

China has a great large Army no doubt about it. But no means to move it around. Essentially they're the world's biggest target.

edit on 27-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
For Heaven's sake! "Is Apple move to India an imminent sign of war with China??". No.

Apple is focussed on money. The company makes obscene profits. As China develops the price of labour also increases. A few years ago the jobs were in Thailand, Hong King and Singapore, they then moved on to China. They are now moving to the next cheapest place, which is India.

India will be the next boom place if they can sort out some of the basics. Give India 25 years and they may well eclipse China. They have the population and inventiveness, plus as the world's largest democracy they are a bit more palatable than China which is the world's biggest dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hope Apple doesn't mind a million miles of red tape

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Someone has obviously never sat through a RoE briefing prior to every trip outside the wire.

Armies simply cannot win wars they aren't allowed to fight.

Yea, we are still fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, and a dozen other countries. If you pay attention you'll see PCA's (contractor/civilians) outnumber the troops fairly significantly. As long as a "war" is about generating profit and not about winning, it will never end.

Gods forbid we should ever go to war on the scale of WWIII. Civilians would stay home and it would be soldiers fighting to end the war ASAP. We don't like being there any more than people like us being there (most of us, though I admit to the adrenaline high).

America is actually as big and bad as the "red-necks" think they are. Though the Russians are hard as nails through deprivation and Chinese are hard as nails through indoctrination, Americans are hard as Hammers through diversification. Our equipment is more advanced, our soldiers are able to lead at lower levels, and at the end of the day Americans are ^$%holes and it shows in combat.

Always remember though, nobody prays for peace harder than a soldier

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i say it is a sign China is tired of Apples # too and Apple is moving to where it is easier to manipulate the economy / people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join