It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Apple move to India an imminent sign of war with China??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
So Trump is allowing Apple, one of the top US companies to move to India? Way to go Trump. India First!!!

Not sure if you read the OP correctly- Apple is moving to India FROM China, not the U.S. Trump has nothing to do with it, unless he wants to entice them to move here instead.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
China's labor rates have been increasing for the past 2 decades. They are becoming less economically friendly. Whereas India has a smaller middle class, but their educational investments mean you can find some qualified middle management for a cheaper hourly/salary rate than a qualified manager in China, and the assembly line labor rate is lower.

It's just dollars.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think it is because of this -> India says Apple must sell locally-sourced goods to set up stores: source

India has said Apple Inc must meet a rule obliging foreign retailers to sell at least 30 percent locally-sourced goods if it wishes to open stores in the country, a senior government official told Reuters.

For Apple, India is a huge market, especially since Chinese companies like Huawei is eating Apple's lunch world wide. Huawei Closing in on Apple, Aims to Become World's Largest Smartphone Maker Within Four Years

It will be interesting to see how these nationalistic policies like 'America First', 'Made In India' program affect American companies.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well...Apple is also setting up a 7-Billion dollar plant in the US. Does this mean we are going to war with ourselves (or just California)? Jumping to conclusions about war with a Superpower is not even a mistake the Donald would make.

www.hindustantimes.com...

China doesn't want a war with the US anymore than we want one with them and I would rather doubt that we would let Apple know we were going to war in order to give them time to move their manufacturing plants...what about all the other manufacturers who operate plants in China ? Do we just leave them twisting in the wind in order to get that i-Phone 7 first ?

No this is not a sign of war with anybody other than maybe wages as someone already pointed out China's middle class is growing and wages are too as they are now able to purchase cell phones and cars, just a sign of the times not war

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It definitely signals an economic war with China that has been brewing for quite some time.

There are other ways besides and invasion etc that China can "go to war" on the entire western nations.

They do far outweigh the US in tech at the moment-we all know what that means.

I do hope we arn't forcing their hands to start picking sides (nations) as their allies against the brute US.

OP is right-this could be a big signal of a very important and frightening positioning to come with some not too positive outcomes for us both.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sorry...I had to.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vanux

Kind of goes against the old adage;

"Keep your friends close, keep your (potential) enemies closer".

Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) is obsolete.

What keeps the modern world from imploding is

Mutually Assured DEPENDENCE.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'd say it's an imminent sign of a Billion Dollar Company stomping it's feet because .. Trump!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
This less about a good deal for consumers and more about helping Cook (his $$ was cut) keep his job. The consumer is last on the list to get paid (by a cheaper phone).

If they came out with a cheaper phone I could see them getting competitive fairly fast.
a reply to: Caver78

OK...gonna try this again because you pretty much don't understand how companies sell different versions of their products in countries that AREN'T the USA.

It would be massively easy for Apple to come out with a lower cost iPhone for the western asian markets with lesser features ect and begin to gain market shares in a area where they have continually gotten their butts kicked.

Someone from the UK help me out on this one!

Mercedes and BMW make some amazing mini versions of their luxury vehicles marketed in mainland Europe and the UK that most of you have never seen or heard of. Not too much bigger than a Mini-Cooper and I would suppose great on gas, however despite the US demand for smaller cars increasing they aren't sold HERE.

Apple has pandered to the higher end consumers and tech-lovers so the middle market in their product lines is nonexistent. This could change radically by opening up the market in India. We may very well see a more competitive product out of them as their existing markets are saturated. Of course it probably won't be available outside of those markets.

The iWatch has been a complete fail.

Your original post about war with China is ludicrous on so many levels you should be ashamed.

UPMC and other medical organizations moved ito India about 8 years ago to expand their medical facilities/business model and pick up new business. You didn't suggest THEN that that indicated we were going to war with China under Obama.

Companies will always go where the prevailing business climate reaps the most profits. Even under Bush then Obama we saw companies/contractors rush right into war torn areas and make a financial windfall. So war zones aren't exactly non-profitable either FFS!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vanux
A couple of days back, during my morning coffee, I came across a news piece that attracted my full attention, the news piece gave me goosebumps to say the least.

Apple is going to relocate its manufacturing plants to India from China.

It seems to me that a strategic move is on the works for an impending war with China. I, for one, welcome the move with enthusiasm. I'm not a belligerent individual, however I take serious issue with a country that wouldn't be what it is if it weren't because of American creativity and entrepreneurship.

Billions of our dollars have gone to China due to an accord that benefited both countries, and what has China done with those benefits??? Nothing but to antagonize us in return and threat our allies in the region.

I say, to hell with them. Let's teach them some respect by kicking some ass and relocating all of our strategic companies to several emerging economies and not just to only one. Let's place this situation in the lesson-learned section.

In a way it's our fault for letting it get to this point. We'll, not our fault entirely, it was the CIA's fault for not anticipating it in the first place.

www.digitaltrends.com...
More likely, it's because as China is growing as an economic powerhouse, it's no longer dirt cheap to manufacture there. Hence, many companies are moving to places such as India or let's say Cambodia.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Great news. India is pro Trump. Karmic retribution in of business to come. Namaste !

My first thought would also be that they anticipate the US would give better trade deals to India than China.

It looks like Apple is also expanding in the USA.
They are definitely changing strategy.

Lehigh Valley makes pitch for $7B iPhone assembly plant with up to 50K jobs

Gou's comments Sunday came about 11/2 months after Foxconn partner SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son revealed Foxconn's potential U.S. expansion following a meeting with then President-elect Donald Trump.

Go Trump!!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Thanks. That is very interesting!
So the US is not the only country pushing for more manufacturing and less imports in their country.
I am going to research this a bit more.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I wonder how cheap the batteries going to be for my new Iphones now.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

I'd say it's an imminent sign of a Billion Dollar Company stomping it's feet because .. Trump!

Sorry, billion dollar companies don't act as childishly as our President does.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
What do you mean blame the CIA for not noticing?
The CIA with a big push from Bush kickstarted everything with China and have always been behind every move made in dealing with them...
The evilest plans take quite some time to unfold...
And of course to manipulate the opinion of the masses to put the plan into effect...
You were right about war coming though...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I think I would beg to differ with you on that.

edit on 1-2-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

It is impossible before Apple or India is able to develop a destructive weapon like compress avi or THEL Laser against China.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wow how ignorantZ
War with China or Russia would be vastly different to invading Iraq or Afghanistan. The issue in both those countries was the counter insurgency.
War with China and Russia won't involve those sorts of mass invasions and counter insurgency forces fighting against US forces.
The US would wipe both of them off the map, but not before tens of millions of people on both sides(including allies) have been killed and large swathes of the earth irradiated from the nuclear exchange.
A few people in the upper echelons of all three countries would survive because they'd al quickly move to hardened under ground facilities.
The rest of the world is playing catch up to the USA in terms of weaponry and technology. The US spends more on r&ad and black project then most countries spend on their entire military, health, education and social services combined.
Russia fell way behind. Their PakFA isn't a true stealth fighter anyway not in the sense that US stealth is, and it's not even intended to compete against the F22.
China's stealth is even more shonkier.
Look at the new platforms the US is brining in, like the destroyers. What do China and Russia have that compares or comes close? Nothing.
Cost prohibitive? If war breaks out the US is going to tell China and anyone else who own US debt to take a hike you ain't getting a single dollar, and do what it needs to do.
Some say the US economy is a war economy. Wait till a real war breaks out and you'll see what a war economy is.

And it's not a matter of Trump allowing or not allowing either.

a reply to: damwel

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Conventional war between the "developed" nations is unthinkable. That is why they have been waging proxy wars for the past 80 years. Unfortunately, as power starts to concentrate in the hands of a few demagogues, they may feel the need to cover themselves in the "glory" of battlefield victories against "worthy opponents."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join