It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-Foot-7 190lbs Freshman---Doens't look Real.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He'll be a total dud in the NBA, but maybe not as bad as he'd have been 15 years ago. Right now, there is a serious shortage of tough guy centers in the league. Joakim Noah would fold him like a pretzel, but he's the only banger that comes to mind. 15-20 years ago, though, oof! Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, Lambier, Duncan, Longley, Zo, Mutumbo, Garnett, Rodman... they'd have destroyed the kid physically and mentally. Ridiculously lanky players haven't ever been good at that level of basketball. You can argue that Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley were serviceable players, but they wouldn't have stayed on NBA rosters for long if it hadn't been for the freak show they provided which sold tickets. Yao Ming is the only seven and a half footer who comes to mind who had any real athletic prowess, but IIRC he was a bulky SOB, not a stick figure.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If he can stay healthy I think Joel Embiid could be one of those types of players you listed.
THe opening if though is a big one based off how things have played out so far.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

True. Honestly, Porzingas intrigues me, too. Very raw talent who could grow into one hell of a dominant player if the Knicks could just figure out how to groom him properly and weren't such a crap show.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Embiid has held up for half a season so far. So hopefully he goes on to have a healthy career. If he does he will probably be the best center in the league in a few years.

Cousins could of been dominant, if he had a better head on his shoulders. There are actually quite a few good big men right now. Just not too many old school back to the basket guys. Even the small ball big men would push the kid in the OP around in the paint.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm a Bulls fan. So I know Noah. He was never really a tough guy center. He was always more of a hustle guy, not a bruiser. I love the guy though. He was a warrior. But he is skinny himself and never really pushed guys around in the paint. He was never a scorer and always relied on athleticism and being active all the time.

Which is why his game has dropped off so much. The real strong bruiser guys tend to age better. Because their game relies on positioning. So even when they slow down as they get older. Its not as much of a disadvantage. Just look at Noah in New York. The guy can barely jump anymore. New York made a huge mistake giving him such a big contract.

Porzingas on the other hand. Is going to be real good. The Knicks need to play him at center more and should be rebuilding around him.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
His neck looks abnormally long. Hopefully he can make his dreams come true, but I will be watching out for anymore news about him!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That reminds me of a kid where I work. He's so tall he has to duck through doors lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hope the Bulls offer him a contract.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join