It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-Foot-7 190lbs Freshman---Doens't look Real.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This 16 year old is 7' 7" and doesn't look real, the video shows him playing basketball and at 190 pounds he is so thin that he looks CGI.

At 16 he is the second tallest player to play basketball, ever. Of course there is a huge amount of interest in him for the NBA.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
He's wasting his talents with this fad sport.

I'd pay him one shiny gold coin a day to help me tickle midgets in trees. It's a booming industry.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Slender man?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
He's wasting his talents with this fad sport.

I'd pay him one shiny gold coin a day to help me tickle midgets in trees. It's a booming industry.

I lost it! LOL thank you for the morning giggle

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hate it when I can't listen to the videos! (work)

But just watching it, is there something wrong with him? He moves very awkwardly, like his joints don't bend properly.

And just from that video, it doesn't seem like he could keep up with the pace of NBA basketball.

I wish him the best though.

I'm off to see if there is an article I can read about him.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

he doesnt " look real " because is height is a medical anomolie

he has inadequate muscle mass in his limbs

his skull size is also disproportionate to limb length

i hope he has a good basket ball carreer - cos he will need the money in later life when medical complications set in

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

he doesnt " look real " because is height is a medical anomolie

he has inadequate muscle mass in his limbs

his skull size is also disproportionate to limb length

i hope he has a good basket ball carreer - cos he will need the money in later life when medical complications set in
He's very underweight for his size.

I'm in shape, and not even bulky, and I'm about 193 at 6-2.

If you look at most athletes even at let's say 6-6 or larger, they are always above 200 lbs. it's a big body frame.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm glad he's happy doing something he likes. He probably has a rough road ahead if he has acromegaly, which is what it looks like. A lot of joint problems later being that big.
He reminds me of Mathew Mcgrory (tiny from Rob Zombie movies), he was 7'7". I wish him the best and to stay healthy.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Older article

His hips are slanted, and they hope that once he stops growing, they will normalize like all teens, and that he will then be able to put on some weight.

There is also a newer article I found that says he is now in OH. 4.0 GPA and speaks 4 languages. Smart kid!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yes

But just watching it, is there something wrong with him? He moves very awkwardly, like his joints don't bend properly.

This is no slight at him, we cannot control what we look like, and God has given him a tall and extremely slender and gangling frame, keep in mind he is 16 and hopefully he fills out ALOT.
edit on 26-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

That is the sad part, and I wish him well. And this thread isn't a slight at him.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I didn't mean it as a slight to him. I was just wondering if he had something that made him grow too much, or something. Hence why I wanted to read more.

And like I stated later, turns out he is a very smart young man, that just needs to hopefully stop growing taller soon, so his body can adjust.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hybrid.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No there is something definitely gong on. He is very thin and no muscle tone, very skeletal looking.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Too many hormones in meat these days.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Older article

There is also a newer article I found that says he is now in OH. 4.0 GPA and speaks 4 languages. Smart kid!

Good, because unless he grows into his body better. He won't be making the NBA. He is too slow. He would be a walking talking defensive 3 second violation. He has no lateral foot speed.

He is tall and if he can shoot. He can shoot over everyone, even 7 footers. But that will only work in highschool and maybe college depending on where he plays. But not in the NBA. Someone might pick him in the second round as a novelty. But he won't make much money after that rookie contract.

Like I said, unless his body stabilizes and he can grow into that frame. But even then, can his legs handle it.

I don't want people to think I am crapping all over this kid. I wish him the best of luck. I just hope the people around him are not pushing him to bank on the money from an NBA career because of his height.

Like any other kid, hopefully he stays happy and healthy. Because health wise he is already at a disadvantage and the punishment his body will take from basketball will make it worse.
edit on 26-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes

This is no slight at him, we cannot control what we look like, and God has given him a tall and extremely slender and gangling frame, keep in mind he is 16 and hopefully he fills out ALOT.

Im hoping he gains at least 100 pounds by 19, and a 100 more by 21...sucks being that thin.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the kid. Almost looks like he can barely walk/run and he's only 16! My buddy was a clumsy 6'6" bean pole and it took him long into his 20's to finally fill out his frame. I can't imagine the amount of food and protein needed to get him bulked up.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just because something and I quote the standard trope of awakened minds "doesnt look right" doesnt mean it's CGI , hybrids or anything else other than a medical condition.

Here is another similar example, actor Matthew McGrory who was 7'6.. www.imdb.com...

Being abnormally tall and suffering from any of the medical issues that often results from or are the cause of the size issue in the first place the majority of these people are also abnormally thin..

edit on 26-1-2017 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Lord... poor kid! Give me a month with him and home cooked soul food... Ill plump his ass up! LOL! He does look ill though, all jokes aside.

My son in law is 6'6" and 280 lbs and he seems a giant to me.. that kid is incredibly tall!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join