It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Flu Going Around this Season

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I hope you get better soon, i have to agree with another poster on the whole going to get antibiotics straight away.

Antibiotics should be seldom used as they are so destructive, sure they provide some short term relief but the damage done to your gut bacteria is devastating and takes months to repair or even years, if you can battle through the flu you will build your immune system it would be far more beneficial to you in the long term.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

This season was the first season in over a decade I caught it. Granted, very mildly, but I definitely was sick for about 4 days. With that I should be good another decade assuming typical function of my personal immune system.

Damn evolving viruses. I'll see you again...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
My daughter and I had a very similar flu pattern back in 2009, with symptoms coming and going as you describe, when normally you get a set of symptoms, which tail off, then another set, until you've been through them all. We were both sick for at least 3 weeks.

A few months later I had a serious skin flare, and my doctor asked about any illness, when I described what my daughter and I went through earlier in the year, he said, Ah right, you had swine flu!

Problem is, that particular virus hit me really bad and triggered an extreme immune response, I have since been hospitalised a few times and have since been diagnosed with lupus. I always had immune problems, allergies, eczema etc, but now my immune system is in complete overdrive and I have to take a number of medications to control it...I went from being a fit, healthy active person, into someone who is constantly ill and with my painful joints etc due to inflammation also now have mobility problems.

Hopefully you won't have any long term effects like I did, but that was an exceptionally bad flu virus and you should be aware in case you have any problems in the future, that a virus like that can trigger many issues. I have to have an annual flu jag now due to the meds I am on and I would recommend it.

Anyway, like I say, I hope you don't have any further complications and that you feel better soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well.... I've had every major flu symptom since 2007. First had bad nasty floor virus in 2007, bed redden for two weeks with severe fatigue, and a high fever of 103. Then in 2012 I received the flu again, this time with different symptoms, fever, sore throat, bad sinus, and chest congestion. Then in 2015 I had another bout of the flu, this time accompanying me was tooth ache, and a high fever. It would seem to me that each case was a little less severe, so I believe my body's immune system is handling the mutation, and strains of different types of flu quite well with minimal use of pharma drugs. As others have stated, I don't reccomend getting flu shots each year despite what the cdc says. Flu shots can really screw your body's natural ability to fight off disease, and viruses. I can't stress enough to use organic compounds found in lots of great foods to help your body fight the flu ect.... If it's making you suffer uncontrollably. I don't think i'm due for another bout flu for atleast one more season, and since ive already fought off 3 different strains in 10 years, I would naturally say that my immune system is getting a healthy workout

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hot cider with honey, lemon, ginger, olive oil and a nip of medicinal Brandy added. Drink it as hot you can stand it and then take one herbal sleep aid tablet and retire to bed. There is another remedy that you can try instead of, or as well as if you have got the energy and the inclination. It probably won't cure it but it will put it out of your mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've had a flu, years ago. I literally thought I was going to die. Every time I woke up I was shocked I was still alive. I finally got my sick self up and to the doctor. I begged him to put me in the hospital. He said "If I put every body in the hospital who have what you have, I would have patients hanging from the chandeliers".

Antibiotics, and a cough syrup with lots of codeine. I felt better the last week. I didn't much care if I died or not.

From start to finish was three weeks.

Now anytime someone calls in sick saying they have the flu, then show up two days later, I know they didn't really have the flu. Two or three days, it's not.

Relda, so glad you are better. You'll be weak. Rest, fluids, and eat.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I got three flu vaccinations this year. The people you contract to generally are hellbent to make sure you have been vaccinated, but then are really slow on the draw to send proof to the next guy because they don't want to reveal the secret that you got a flu shot there. Or something. So the next place gives you another.

I can tell you that your body gets pissy about number three. I immediately got a fever and started getting muscle cramps this time. So I supposed I seroconverted the HELL out of it on the third one. Sadly though, while it was off fighting off imaginary influenza it dropped the ball on the coronavirus that's going around the base here and I have been sick ever since. Going on two weeks now.

Why Why why did you do that? And I thought you were smart.

Anyway. Feel better. Rest and fluids. If canned soup, cream of chicken. You can heat it in a cup and drink it.
edit on 1/26/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I hope you get well soon.

It's a nasty strain going around.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Homemade chicken soup works great. It usually takes three meals to get rid of a virus.

I have gorged on chicken soup and some other meals with spices (like cumin, ginger, curcumin and garlic) my thoughtful housemate had made in the crockpot this whole time. "Feed a fever starve a cold".

It's still here, but those meals undoubtedly helped.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Homemade chicken soup works great. It usually takes three meals to get rid of a virus.

I have gorged on chicken soup and some other meals with spices (like cumin, ginger, curcumin and garlic) my thoughtful housemate had made in the crockpot this whole time. And of course black pepper, increasing the bioavalability of the cumin or curcumin, I can't remember what Atser to credit with that. I have been using those spices together since a thread on here. "Feed a fever starve a cold". Or the other way around.

It's still here, but those meals undoubtedly helped.

edit on 27-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I hope you feel better soon Reldra.

I have something, It's only day 2. It didnt follow my normal progression of a cold(sore throat->stuffy nose->runny nose->cough

This one was Some visual disturbance->Headache->stuffed/runny w/some blood->wisdom teeth pain->sore throat-> light cough

I hope you are feeling not as bad as me.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Vaccinate.

It works.

I don;t believe in flu vaccines. (almost all others, though, I am not an anti-vaxer). Thank you for the thought, though. Really.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So many people have wished me well

I am a little weak and had yet another fever last night, 101.

I have almost no cough, but a bit of a wheeze. Sniffles, runny nose, but no more neck breaking sneezing...however, when I sneeze, ever, it is quite powerful and usually startles people.

I was up at about 4am as my sleep schedule is off. Christmas decorations were still up. Didn't have a tree this year, but more of a display with manger and the ice skating people thing and my collection of nutcrackers and musical buildings and such. An angel hanging from a center point over french doors. A 3 foot fancy santa that just goes in a bag. Not a lot of work to box up,one would think. About 15 minutes into my plans, I was sweating profusely and dizzy.

I finished boxing up. I will get help to move it to the basement storage. But wow, that was unreasonably difficult.

I may have to go back to the dr tomorrow. I have been sleeping about 16 hours at a time.

Again, thanks all for the wishes and advice

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
So many people have wished me well

I am a little weak and had yet another fever last night, 101.

I have almost no cough, but a bit of a wheeze. Sniffles, runny nose, but no more neck breaking sneezing...however, when I sneeze, ever, it is quite powerful and usually startles people.

I was up at about 4am as my sleep schedule is off. Christmas decorations were still up. Didn't have a tree this year, but more of a display with manger and the ice skating people thing and my collection of nutcrackers and musical buildings and such. An angel hanging from a center point over french doors. A 3 foot fancy santa that just goes in a bag. Not a lot of work to box up,one would think. About 15 minutes into my plans, I was sweating profusely and dizzy.

I finished boxing up. I will get help to move it to the basement storage. But wow, that was unreasonably difficult.

I may have to go back to the dr tomorrow. I have been sleeping about 16 hours at a time.

Again, thanks all for the wishes and advice

Glad it's a bit better.

Here's a recipe I use for a sipping broth when I feel bad.

Flu Tea

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You need about five drops of some sort of hot sauce, I use tabasco sauce, in the soup. It has to be there right from the beginning, the nitrogen compound in it keeps a chemistry that is helpful to fight the flu from falling apart. The compound retained is an active form of niacin compound that increases nitric oxide levels in the body and nitric oxide is used by our immune system to kill viruses and some bacteria.

edit on 27-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"Feed a fever starve a cold". Or the other way around.

It's the other way around. A fever is thought to be from bacteria, and when you feed yourself, you feed it, and it get's stronger.

The old saying then went to "feed a virus, starve a bacteria".

But now that's in question. If you don't eat something you'll get even weaker. And if your body wants you to sleep 16 hours a day, do it. But do drink, Relda. With the fluids you are losing with all that sweating, you'll lose fluids and get dehydrated if you don't. Juices, whatever. But try to avoid carbonated drinks, so NO sodas.

Feel better. Miss your posts.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Vaccinate.

It works.

Actually, no, it doesn't.

There is simply no reason to get a flu vaccine, unless you just like injecting foreign toxic substances into your blood veins.

The statistics tossed around talking about many tens of thousands of deaths each year from 'influenza' are just fake news.

When you go read the sources, you'll see the actual term being used is 'influenza/pneumonia', and when you dig deeper, you'll quickly find that 99.9% were from pneumonia, not 'the flu', and that there are a lot of 'flu like' sicknesses that are not actually influenza.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I awoke at about 4am Friday morning in a cold sweat, freezing to death. I knew a fever had broken. I went to an immediate care 2 blocks from my house on Friday afternoon.

I would never, ever waste time or money on a doctor just for a cold or the flu on myself or any family member, unless they were one of the very risky categories, and only then, if they exhibited any of the warning signs they were in trouble.

This is one of the many reasons the 'health care' system in the USA is such a mess. People go to the doctor for every little cough and sniffle. This, and the fact that doctors prescribe antibiotics at the drop of a hat even when they know the person doesn't have a bacterial infection.

High quality home treatment (ie natural herbal remedies like ginger tea with turmeric, lemon and honey) has always worked wonders for me and mine.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I had a very bad cold for about two weeks, almost straight. It wasn't the flu, as I got checked out. Plus I was vaccinated just in time. Anyway, it was pretty horrible. I would sneeze and my whole body would shake. Sneezing felt like pins and needles to my chest. Imagine.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I had it, and it is no fun.

It will go away, but for me it took 3 weeks, then I still had congestion for another couple of weeks.

Get well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join