It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Control Origins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Some how I had missed this, I had only read things saying Stardock was planning to do it.

Teaser trailer is too damn short!

“Star Control: Origins is a sci-fi action/adventure game with many RPG elements set in the future where the player is the captain of Earth’s first interstellar starship that explores a procedurally created galaxy, makes contact with various alien races, explores unique worlds, and engages in action packed battles, all while trying to unravel the complex intrigue that has the galaxy on the brink of chaos.”

www.rockpapershotgun.com...

Might have to preorder from Stardock so I can get me some early access.

Played SC 1 - 3
1 on Genesis I sucked at it
2 on 3DO was like the Golden Age of SC for me.
3 on PC it was like well okay... but it aint no SC2!

Heres hoping Origins doesn't disappoint.

I wonder if any familiar species will appear.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

And what game system would I need to buy for this game?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I used to play this game, a fighting game. It was wild. I won the majority of time but for the life of me I don't remember the name of it. It was the most fun i'd had since, chocolate and # whatever at that time.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

New Geo V# Potato
edit on 24-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That looks pretty awesome. I was always somewhat disappointed that I never got into the Star Control games, I heard a lot of good things about them but I never got a hold of a copy... I've been debating on getting the star control collection from GOG for quite a while but never pulled the trigger.

I think i'm going to have to make sure I check this out when it comes out, sorta reminds me of a mixture of FTL and cosmonautica.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
ugh, double post. Hate it when I click the "reply" button and it does nothing, then, thinking I maybe just didn't click in the right spot click it again to see two damn posts.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Slanter because: stupid double post

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
This is off topic, but is Stellaris any bit like a Star Trek game, or how the diplomacy and warfare could be imagined into a game? I'm not actually a fan of Star Trek, watched 3 or 4 episodes, but the idea has stuck with me. Or do you think this will be more similar?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

In laymans terms jin lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I want to play a fighting game, they're so much fun.

I could kick all of you guys' asses, maybe not jin though that could be a challenge.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Like the old 2D mortal kombat?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

www.starcontrol.com...

PC game. I couldn't find the recommended specs.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ohhh I remember that one. That's still going? wow.
So play station 4?

Is it better than the Wii U? just kidding lol
edit on 24-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I loved SC 2 back in the day... till I ran out of fuel, no credits to buy any from the melnorme and every time I'd leave hyperspace I'd be attacked... finding cheats with a dial up modem on BBS's was interesting lol

Wonder if my crappy pc will handle this :/

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

So what do you play on?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So what do you play on?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

So what do you play on?

Back then it was a 486dx2 lol.. DOS 6.22, running at a whopping 66mhz with 16mb ram, a superVGA card and a sound blaster pro! Oh and a 17 inch CRT monitor. Well back then it was the cat's meow.

More recently an ancient q6600 quadcore in 3DO, but since my video card died and I'm stuck with the onboard GPU and lets just say, well Call of Duty at 640x480 beats a slideshow. Pixels, Pixels everywhere... Oo

I have only ever had PCs, after my Sharp MZ-700 and Commodore 64 days... Oh I did own a dreamcast once. Rayman infuriated me though and anything but a keyboard and mouse leave me too unco...

I am about 290 years old by the way... oO

And to think... I grew up on games like this too... not much has changed graphic wise when you're forced to use onboard gpu lmao

edit on 25-1-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I had a 10mb hdd too.. but it was second hand and I had to run debug and initial a low level format...

G=C800:5

59 hours later and so many bad blocks marked unusable, I had decent storage and it sure beat having to format 900 floppies when copying games lol

Ohh then I eventually sourced an scsi controller and 2 250mb hard drives. And a cd-rom that had a caddy, had to manually insert the caddy with the disc in the slot. lol.

I miss those days...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

hey no big deal I'm ageless i'm older than you are, older than Jesus Christ!

I love the old games though yeah!!!

My first pc was a 486 of course.. Windows 3.1 which I still have on disk lol.

.. I miss those pc days too.

... I'm not really older than jesus but I do remember 1987 and the pc's they used in high school. Really crappy s'ht but hey it was fun back then.
edit on 25-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm probably just slightly younger than you guys, I got into computers when I was about 10, playing 80's adventure games on old computers. Striving to play decent games on crappy old PC hardware throughout my childhood and teen years is probably what got me into IT in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join