It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage girl’s diary leads to 15-year sentence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
what a system. 15 years for attempted murder [technically, because the victim miraculously made through ICU]

source

So, okay, I’ll start with the exciting bit. I stabbed an innocent woman to death earlier today. (Technically yesterday since it’s 1 am). It was absolutely fantastic. Murder gives me a high unlike any other. It feels like this crisp unreality, flashing and sparkling, adrenaline and shock. Fight or flight mode. How do I even go about describing it. The whole thing was unreal. I’m so proud of myself. I stabbed her like 20 times. Maybe more. I wasn’t counting. She screamed & grabbed at me saying “what the f—?! Help. Leave.”

She was mistaken about one thing, though — the women she stabbed did not die.
On Friday, Moen pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 15 years in jail for attempted murder, in large part thanks to these words, and others scribbled in her diary.

gotta love the two justice system.
edit on 24-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Sounds like a plot from Dexter.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

wow what a nut job

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
On the next episode of the worlds dumbest criminals.

She deserves it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's just as bad as those idiots filming their crime and putting it on Facebook.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
15 years isn't long enough, this kind of psycho can't be rehabilitated. Fear for the people she encounters when released.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

15 years is simply not enough, this person is very seriously disturbed and will likely remain a threat to the public even after this period, likely she will even at some point try to kill a fellow inmate.

My opinion she either has a very serious neurological condition or is quite simply evil.

What she describes as pleasure is what most of us would regard as feeling very ill indeed, what she did we would have nightmares about if we even saw it being done to someone so it is really like she is part of another species or something and not a human type person at all, that is not a normal girl and it would not even be a normal boy if that is what is wrong, seriously psychological different, it would be interesting to see if she had suffered some sort of trauma or abuse as a child and if that has affected her neurology in any way, if she take's drug's as well as they also cross wire the brain.
edit on 24-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are sick, twisted, evil, mother-you-know-whats in this world.

Sometimes ... due process is a lot to ask.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I agree. This kind of person can't be rehabilitated. People might say, "But she's just a kid! She didn't realize how wrong it is to kill someone!" If she doesn't know or realize how morally wrong murder is now, 15 years isn't going to teach her anything. She'll just learn how to get away with it.

Psychopath.*

* Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This girl was 17. Did they try her as an adult? I don't recall if it mentioned if she was or not. The 15 year sentence may be a maximum because of her minor status. I'm just speculating though as I'm not sure on this.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

gotta love the two justice system.

Are you saying she should not have been found guilty? That her diary shouldn't have been used against her? Sorry you left a very cryptic few words with all the quotes.

I think it's wonderful that she left such a great confession. Hopefully it saved time & money during her hearing.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Near as I can figure, an attempted murder conviction in Texas can be up to 20 years in prison.

Copping a plea and still catching 3/4 of the maximum sentence doesn't really sound like a "two justice system" to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Only 15 years? Thats it? With good time she will be out in 10 and I bet she will do this again. Maybe this time she will try and up her game and not leave evidence or write it in a journal. This is sick

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I was entirely with you until you started the "she is not human" thing. Killing is part of the human nature. Deal with it. Sure she is socially unacceptable, but I hope you don't work in a prison.
Human dignity shall be inviolable.
Even for this twisted evil little slut.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And so what fate awaits any other rabid bitch ? Even a three or four year old - female dog with rabies ?

When these thins are done by someone who is fully aware of them at the time, I don't think their age has much to do with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wonder if she thought her diary was safe from the police.

Go figure- posting a description on fliers is what brought her in.

About four months after the attack, the fliers finally worked. On Valentine’s Day 2016, police were summoned to Moen’s house by a family disturbance call. During that visit, her mother told police that not only did Moen fit the description on the ubiquitous posters, she also had a collection of knives and had made jokes about the stabbing.

Bag of crazy, but this is what stands out to me, from her diary:

“I’m a homicidal psychopath. I have a deep hatred towards people right now.”

She wrote down her own diagnosis. the "right now" bit also stands out. It's almost like she was expecting someone to be reading her diary and try and stop her-
have to wonder what the entries before this one said.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Only in america would you reward failure with a lighter prison sentence.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

yea, here we have not just attempted murder. this was pre-meditated with intent to kill. if i plot to murder someone, but dont go through its also a crime on top of if i went through it....
statute even in 'Texas' is 20, normally one degree less than murder or capital murder.
its not an argument which got out of control and someone punched someone too hard. and a confession on the 'thrill' of killing.

lesser crimes have gotten more years.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Was the perp being 'treated' for depression at the time?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So put her in a place where her criminal elements will be honed to a razors edge? Awesome. Prisons, making more efficient criminals everyday!

<<   2 >>

join