It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK stealth aircraft/black projects

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

It does make you wonder what they third phase of testing was that they can't give out information on if they've confirmed they could autonomously attack targets of opportunity within a set location whilst avoiding popup threats. Would love to know what Phase 4 would include too.

Makes is sound like there's already the technology in place to self navigate via set waypoints to a given location then loiter and attack targets as and when they appear from a given target list all the while remaining as covert as possible and then self recover via waypoints to a safe landing spot.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey09

The navigation system is fairly easy and is used on several UAVs that are semi autonomous. They have also had loitering munitions that would attack targets as they pop up. The hard part is getting both working together in a UAV platform.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Both LRS-B demonstrators were in Scotland for over a month during their fly off flying demonstrations and against various things according to multiple sources I have.

I don't doubt it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Absolutely agree. Most likely they set it up with flight plan. Let it do its thing then. Return. I wonder if it's also a companion aircraft to the Replica or even the American LRSB

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Scotland is a good choice. Very open and less people to see what's going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Both LRS-B demonstrators were in Scotland for over a month during their fly off flying demonstrations and against various things according to multiple sources I have.

No surprise. Base at a remote site on the west coast. They're able to use the EW ranges at RAF Spadeadam coming straight in after an overwater flight so there's nobody will see/hear/pick up on what's going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

No surprise. Base at a remote site on the west coast. They're able to use the EW ranges at RAF Spadeadam coming straight in after an overwater flight so there's nobody will see/hear/pick up on what's going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Could do it all in one round trip

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

They almost got to practice crash recovery too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I figured that incident happened stateside. But luckly no crash recovery.

Without going into specifics does the other guy implement the same factors that lead to that that near disaster and just do it better without problems or do they have other ideas on how to get certain things done that are less prone to those sorta issues .

Hopefully im not beong too cryptic.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Can you tell anymore??

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

One of them suffered a failure on takeoff at low altitude.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21807226]Zaphod58[/post

I would hazard a guess that has something todo with the final decision then

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Surprisingly no. Everyone was certain it would, but it didn't. Everyone that saw it had to change their shorts though. It looked like single digit feet when they recovered from what I understand.
edit on 1/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Interesting then. Considering they are using UK airspace to train. When the USA has far far more space and environments. I would see if the UK are more involved in the LRSB.

Taranis would be an ideal tag team partner for the LRSB

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There were specific things in the area they wanted to use to demonstrate the effectiveness of the designs. They could have done it here, but they worked some dog and pony in too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Interesting! So Zaph any speculation on UK black projects?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FawnyKate
You guys are miles off the mark.

This is where the Uk stuff gets tested www.baesystems.com...

Its no secret, thats the UK's area 51

lets join the dots, when was taranus being tested ? when is this news article from? why would Australian reback spiders be roaming Warton Aerodrome?

www.lep.co.uk...

Because BAES based in Adelaide manufactures parts for typhoon and other projects. A wooden crate or other shipping container is a perfect place for the Redback to live and have babies!

Taranis has been here twice, I met the guys who were over the second time at the cricket in Adelaide after they had finished at Woomera, and it has seemingly gone quiet.

There were also a couple of guys from Aus at the unveiling of Taranis, there is some Aussie inside it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet there are several uav programs either in development or low level usage.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Several years ago Top Cover was flying around down there too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join