It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK :failed Nuclear missile launch headed towards US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

IT IS played .
SECOND guess at "WHAT IF'S" are getting in the way of REALTY ,so we CAN stop THEM.
You think thew UK is FINE without nukes...then get a cross bow.
CAN'T HAVE guns(You will BE Over run)
Not such a good economy(CROSSBOWS still might cost too much)
AND YOU ARE AN ISLAND SURROUNDED BY OCEAN....
Why would YOU need them?
Russia would have respected you as NEUTRAL...not.
THE SCARY PART:many rumors have persisted ,NUKES are OLD hat ,small potatoes.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Trident II still uses an INS system for primary guidance. Those systems are subject to wandering, or being inaccurate if they're aligned improperly. A good example is a recent AirAsia flight from Sydney. They had to land in Melbourne, after they put the wrong coordinates in to start with, which resulted in the aircraft thinking it was over 6,000 miles from where it actually was.
edit on 1/22/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

IT IS played .
SECOND guess at "WHAT IF'S" are getting in the way of REALTY ,so we CAN stop THEM.
You think thew UK is FINE without nukes...then get a cross bow.
CAN'T HAVE guns(You will BE Over run)
Not such a good economy(CROSSBOWS still might cost too much)
AND YOU ARE AN ISLAND SURROUNDED BY OCEAN....
Why would YOU need them?
Russia would have respected you as NEUTRAL...not.
THE SCARY PART:many rumors have persisted ,NUKES are OLD hat ,small potatoes.

that's the rumor..

Black triangle craft I saw lends credence to some out there weapons systems.

And yet everyone seems to be updating their nukes.

doesn't necessarily make sense does it?
edit on 22-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Nuclear weapons have been obsolete since the US dropped the first two.

They cost an arm and a leg to produce and maintain, and believe it or not they even have a sort of use by date.

Fact is we can produce just about as much menace and mayhem via conventional weapons without all that nasty radiation and end of days stuff associated with nukes.

The only purpose our nuclear arsenals serve these days is in penis waving really.
edit on 22-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
WTF!?!? Are those numbers right??? That is just crazy. I think you have enough when you can blow up the world once, not 100x over.

But I guess if your gonna do it, do it big!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

AS I said they are old hat.
ANTIMATTER is being collected as we speak!
TELL the Commies not ME...
edit on 22-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
What we get from buying American crap

Clearly, they got confused by the proper spelling in the directions.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Can you build you own? Or buy from the Chinese or Russians.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: crazyewok

We wont go into the Subs Canada bought from the UK

Mean the one that was making so much smoke you could see it from
anywhere in the world LOL ya double crap

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Antimatter is even more problematic, fair enough less radioactive fallout to deal with but the magnitude of destructive force unleashed by even a thimble full would be unparalleled.

Then there is the harvesting issues to contend with never mind storage of the end product which is problematic in the extreme. Also the fact that producing Antimatter in any sufficient quantity is beyond our current technological ability.

And the cost would be astronomical!

If we ever decide to pursue the production of antimatter it will be done off world on some distant Moon/asteroid far enough away from Earth so as not to cause significant damage in the event of magnetic bubble containment failure which is the only viable method we have of storage for the medium in question.
edit on 23-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Well yes we could indeed build our own, its not like we don't have the technological base or don't have the ability to construct the infrastructure to do just that.

The cost however never mind the implications of the UK getting into the ICBM construction business would be problematic hence our ambivalence to do so when we can purchase the things, however misguided that may be, from our allies.

Also it would make our nation an even larger target than she already is regarding a first strike scenario from our Russian cousins. And like i said earlier on in this thread the UK cannot survive a nuclear attack down to geography basically.
edit on 23-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Tbf the reasons haven't been disclosed why it went wrong. I genuinely would not be worried. If it was a real issue. We would have known by now. And I don't think this should be used by the likes of corbyn about the vote because it's got nothing to do with the renewal process.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Soloprotocol

LOL. Do these Tridents come with a money back guarantee? Interesting nonetheless.
We never seemed to have a capable and operational submarine fleet.

www.abc.net.au...

Head of Navy Capability Rear Admiral Jonathan Mead said while one or two of the current Collins Class submarines were expected to have substantial reworking, all six in the fleet would need to receive some form of upgrading....

Work on the Collins Class submarines began in the 1980s, as the Navy sought to replace its Oberon fleet.

The first vessel, HMAS Collins, was delivered in 1996 and it took a further seven years for the sixth boat to be delivered.

Oberon fleet? the king of the fairies?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The world does not know how lucky it is there has not been an accidental detonation thus far..just think of the megatons sitting in the ground in Georgia.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well in the case of a missile it might be good due diligence to get it programed right..am I oversimplifying?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Oh, very good, but as long as people are programming them, the possibility for error is there. A simple transposition of two numbers and you're suddenly way off at the launch point.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Then there is that whole floating decimal point error thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Fun with INS. I don't miss those days. We screwed with one crew that pissed us off by parking them on a spot that had a metal grate in the ramp next to it. They aligned way the hell off because of it. We let them spend an hour and a half troubleshooting before we "remembered" the grate.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think of the Hubble, the error that was allowed to go into orbit..scary when you think about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

So there we have it. We/the UK Just bought a dud missile system from the Yanks that appears to have a mind of it's own...Still feel safe with this so called deterrent.?

Why does one missile malfunction make the whole Trident D5 system "dud"? Of course it doesn't.

The missiles used by the Royal Navy and US Navy come from a common pool stored at King's Bay, Georgia.

No piece of technology is immune to failures and mishaps. There has been 161 successful Trident missile test firings since 1989. One failure does not make the whole system a dud.

All nations that field such systems have their test failures. The Russians average a 50% fail rate on their Submarine Launched Bulava Missile system. The last time I checked they had test launched 24 Bulava with 12 failures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join