It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Sea Dragon First in 150 Years

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
On friday the 13th 2017, a red sea dragon was spotted for the first time in a 150 years, Australian researchers have observed two specimens of a rare sea dragon that's never before been seen alive.

The team that discovered this species, which included Nerida Wilson, named the marine fish after its color and they believe it is so red because it inhabits the deeper waters, where red hues are absorbed more efficiently and being red colored can help camouflage
Wikipedia

It inhabits the coast of Western Australia. The species was first described in 2015, making it only the third known species of seadragon, and the first to be discovered in 150 years. A specimen found on shore in 2007 was 23.5 cm (9.3 in) long.
Wikipedia

Scientists recommend that the ruby seadragon be protected as soon as practicable, this will be interesting in a civilized world.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Kill it with fire!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i thought it was another cripto beast even at teh start of the video it looked like it was flying through teh air .
Nice to see its a type of sea horse .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Very nice!!!.

It is good to find new life forms. It should keep us humble, to remember how very little we know about anything.

VF
edit on 22-1-2017 by VenatiusFortunatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's reassuring to continue to find 'lost' species in an environment so damaged by us.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wow that little guy is beautiful

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I was just at the aqyarium and marveled at the seadragons. Theyre so hard to spot. Makes you wonder how many undiscovered species there are for just that reason.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think i may upload sone pics i tookat the aquarium of seadragons.

top topics

join