It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who signing their own posts with their user name. Is it an ego thing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Ahh, sometimes it is hard to tell in text.

Sry OP for the thread drift.

On topic;

I am a mobile phone user, I don't use the desktop version of ATS,so I don't see avatars , seeing the name at the end of the post helps me attach the person to their
viewpoints in my memory.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 22-1-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"It is because some people took a bit more from their English class in school back when we could leave a child behind and excel and being a polite and classy person to give the child left behind a real goal to work towards.

Since there is NO internet LAW restricting a signature in anything, one day you too can rise above and leave your classy mark.

So said the Firepoker."

Firepoker said all the above as Firepoker.

-Firepoker-

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Firepoker

Namaste
Peace
-~-grainofsand-~-

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NOrrTH

Kind of feels like you were the one whose nerve was struck. Joking aside though, it is quite possible that if it ISN'T a case of an archaic thing, then it is literally nothing more than some added flair. Honestly, ask yourself why you are so bothered by it

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Firepoker

Hey just curious...who wrote this post. I like it

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Firepoker said that.

I am Firepoker.

- Firepoker-

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Kind of feels like you were the one whose nerve was struck. Joking aside though, it is quite possible that if it ISN'T a case of an archaic thing, then it is literally nothing more than some added flair. Honestly, ask yourself why you are so bothered by it

Think of my OP as a public service announcement. People who sign their own posts should ask themselves "Why do I feel the need to repeat my moniker? Would I get more of a thrill if I saw it in print more times?"

Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!

NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH
NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH NOrrTH

Oh ya thats the stuff....

edit on 22-1-2017 by NOrrTH because: .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

"I sadly must say, your leap into the signature fray is a total dismay.

Context context where are your heading?

These words I am dreading.

Not one, no one cares, not a wink.

To shudder and think, these

words we crave for distinction

before we are gone to extinction."

- Firepoker-

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOrrTH

originally posted by: KyoZero

Think of my OP as a public service announcement. People who sign their own posts should ask themselves "Why do I feel the need to repeat my moniker? Would I get more of a thrill if I saw it in print more times?"

Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!

Oh ya thats the stuff....

Let me tell you a little secret. The only way to see a problem, is if you are having it - else there is no problem, right?

Let me give you an example:
If you where to see someone writting a name at the end of a post, and you thougth too yourself, wow, they must have a really big ego, thats the only reason they would leave their name like that (this is YOUR reason, btw, the ONLY reason, YOU would do it) and if you further, began to feel self righteous about it, and begin to dictate to other people, that they should not do it, cause it´s wrong (according to you)
If those things where to happen, that would be an example of YOUR problem, your EGO, telling you how rightfull you are, and how wrong everybody else is, by projecting YOUR problem, to everyone else, by pointing out some small detail, that YOU would use as an EGO booster, and then tell everyone how wrong they are by doing so (and this is to boost YOUR ego, so you can feel better about yourself and your ego, just by saying "look, they wrote their names, those worthless beings, thank god it aint me")

You tell us to think of your OP as a "service announcement"
Do you really feel the question asked in your OP, qualify as a service announcement? Or could it be, your EGO just needed some attention?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Let me tell you a little secret. The only way to see a problem, is if you are having it - else there is no problem, right?

If you where to see someone writting a name at the end of a post, and you thougth too yourself, wow, they must have a really big ego, thats the only reason they would leave their name like that (this is YOUR reason, btw, the ONLY reason, YOU would do it) and if you further, began to feel self righteous about it, and begin to dictate to other people, that they should not do it, cause it´s wrong (according to you)
If those things where to happen, that would be an example of YOUR problem, your EGO, telling you how rightfull you are, and how wrong everybody else is, by projecting YOUR problem, to everyone else, by pointing out some small detail, that YOU would use as an EGO booster, and then tell everyone how wrong they are by doing so (and this is to boost YOUR ego, so you can feel better about yourself and your ego, just by saying "look, they wrote their names, those worthless beings, thank god it aint me")

Do you really feel the question asked in your OP, qualify as a service announcement? Or could it be, your EGO just needed some attention?

I don't see it as a "problem". My original question is really only asking why people do it? Some said it was a habit left over from letter writing. Fine. All I'm asking is for the people that do it, honestly think about why they're doing it.

People are free to fly their freak flag as high as they want. It's not a big deal and I'm not angry. This IS the "Rant" forum aint it?
edit on 22-1-2017 by NOrrTH because: .

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOrrTH

I don't see it as a "problem". My original question is really only asking why people do it? Some said it was a habit left over from letter writing. Fine. All I'm asking is for the people that do it, honestly think about why they're doing it.

People are free to fly their freak flag as high as they want. It's not a big deal and I'm not angry. This IS the "Rant" forum aint it?

Sure, it is the rant forum, didnt you like MY rant?
Joking aside, I just wanted to give you another perspective. I usually use the text above my name, to get more space for my ego, the name i just use for the finishing touch

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join