It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who signing their own posts with their user name. Is it an ego thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can't understand why some people feel the need to sign their posts with their user name. Are they worried that someone might log into their account and pretend to be them and not be smart enough to forge (via typing) the account holders user name?

The only explanation that I can think of is that these people are looking for some sort of a celebrity ego boost by seeing their name repeated over and over on the internet. Its akin to people posting what their having for dinner on Facebook or getting off on large post count numbers.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOrrTH
I can't understand why some people feel the need to sign their posts with their user name. Are they worried that someone might log into their account and pretend to be them and not be smart enough to forge (via typing) the account holders user name?

The only explanation that I can think of is that these people are looking for some sort of a celebrity ego boost by seeing their name repeated over and over on the internet. Its akin to people posting what their having for dinner on Facebook or getting off on large post count numbers.

Nitpick much?

What a stupid thread.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NOrrTH

Agreed.

-DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If the person is over 60, no. If they are under 60, yes. Why? My mother does this on Facebook all the damn time, and I bother her about it. I tell her, you are not writing a letter, it's just a response.

link   
If the person is over 60, no. If they are under 60, yes. Why? My mother does this on Facebook all the damn time, and I bother her about it. I tell her, you are not writing a letter, it's just a response.

link   

Crazy ego thing.

-xuenchen

-

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It saves me the effort of glancing left to see who wrote the post.

Or, if it's an especially long post I might have forgotten who authored it by the time I get to the end, so having a user name handy at the bottom saves me from having to scroll up to get a squiz at the name.

It's a small thing but it makes life easier

berenike

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Agreed.

-DBCowboy

Me too

-DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Now why didn't I think of that?

edit on 1/20/17 by 123143 because: FORMATTING.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I solved that because I chose my name so wisely I almost kind of made it into your head line. I did. You just misspelled. I am in your head.
That is an ego thing. The other is just a leftover from when written thought exchange was subject to norms. Letters. You know those on paper?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We just like the sound of our name.

Neo96.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You properly right, but who knows for sure? You having a problem with it, is properly a thing too, so who cares?

-IamNotYou
edit on 20-1-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: Edit to add name

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOrrTH

What a self righteous thing to say.

The older generation do this as a matter of course. Lets you know when they have finished. They find it quite normal.

I suggest you may want to think about celebrating our differences rather than being so wound up that you can only see through narrow blinkers of your own making.

P

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I forget who I am sometimes so I have to remind myself.

SEARCHER FOR TRUTH

Curious why some people purposely spell words the wrong way, like SOuuth, doesn't really makes sense, unless they just have a HUGE ego and want to call attennnnntion to themselves for strange odd weird reason.

edit on 1-20-2017 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Ummm...I totally agree..it must be an ego stroke thing...

What's even more of an affront...is those people that feel it's necessary to start their posts with...Ummm...

The absolute worst of all...are the EMO emoticon abusers...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes and it is dumb!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummmm, how dare you have the audacity to throw poor defenseless EMO's under the bus, what did they ever do to you?

:id ea:

United we stand together in hand! POWER to the EMO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,

SEARCHER FOR TRUTH

Sincerely

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...I totally agree..it must be an ego stroke thing...

What's even more of an affront...is those people that feel it's necessary to start their posts with...Ummm...

The absolute worst of all...are the EMO emoticon abusers...

YouSir

Loving the signature, it's hilarious!!
edit on 20/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Dumb is kind of harsh, silly maybe, butt harsh, NAH

In response to Naturally Wired,

SFT (shortened because I am LAzzzzzy)
edit on 1-20-2017 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And of course,everyone trolls the OP.
The trollish egos are big in this thread.

OP,yes I think it is an ego thing,I mean,people can see the name just fine.
It is kind of pretentious and pompous.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Swizzle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join