It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you humans and I are lacking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ive thought, and thought, and thought, and thought long, and hard about it and I finally found the answer to all life in my own way, and i'm here to discuss the true power iv'e achieved. Suffering. For through suffering as much as possible, and bearing the pain of others in the most unselfish, or selfish way can you atain the purest peace with in yourself. Call me crazy, but this is the path I feel I must take for if this is not pure then nothing is and life has no meaning to me. Just my thoughts I wanted to share with you. So suffering, kindness, compassion, and believing in jesus christ for walking the same path... Man its the only thing that seems to make sense to me. And strieving to focus on doibg these things empowers me greatly. I love you all.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bankaikiller

For through suffering as much as possible,

Sounds good. Give me your money, your house, and all your food.

When you're dying slowly in the streets from starvation (and suffering greatly, you're welcome) I will be helping you get incredibly close to Christ. In fact, you'll get so close to Christ, that you'll die, and you can't really get any closer than that.

It's a win win.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am homeless lol. And I hangout with homeless people. I do have a job, but the most expensive thing I own is a $40 cellphone i use to communicate to other people with lol. I also only have one bag of clothes I wash weekly lol.
I only have what I need which is minimal, but im not going to try to end my life or anything like that you goof :p

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wish you a good journey.

Friedrich Nietzsche

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Sometimes the ones who are perceived as crazy are reacting to things they can perceive that others have not noticed yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Beautiful lbl. That is some qoute!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"The basis of Buddhism is a doctrine known as the Four Noble Truths. The First Truth is that all life is suffering, pain, and misery. The Second Truth is that this suffering is caused by selfish craving and personal desire. The Third Truth is that this selfish craving can be overcome."

Friedrich Nietzsche had some interesting criticisms of Christianity.

He said Christianity was born in response to Roman oppression. It took hold in the minds of timid slaves who did not have the courage or strength to get hold of what they really wanted. The slaves could not admit to their own failings. So they clung to a philosophy that made virtue of cowardice. Everything the Christians wanted and wished they had in their lives for fulfillment was what was considered to be a sin. A position in the world, prestige, sex, intellectual mastery, personal wealth were too difficult or beyond their reach. The Christian slaves created a hypocritical creed denouncing what they wanted, too weak to fight for, while praising what they did not want, but did have in abundance, as being worth having. So in the Christian value system sexlessness turned into 'purity', weakness became "goodness," submission to authority became "obedience," and in Nietzsche's words, "not-being-able-take-revenge" turned into "forgiveness."

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Dont ever pray to take on anothers burdens very bad juju happens

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I wish you a good journey.

Friedrich Nietzsche

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Sometimes the ones who are perceived as crazy are reacting to things they can perceive that others have not noticed yet.

And perhaps those dancing and reveling in all the beauty and joy life and love can bring are the sane ones.

Those who cannot hear the music are the ones who suffer, not those who can. Revel in life and all it has to offer, not the opposite.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

As to the OP, i have no idea why it is you think it's mankind's lot to suffer. We are capable of joy, love and respect for our fellow man and creatures.

How is it you think that living a life of anguish and suffering brings you closer to your God? I for one will choose to be happy in this life.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What you humans and I are lacking

it would be vain of Me not to admit I am brilliant

I lack nothing

luv u 2

edit on 20-1-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm a bit unclear about the title.. are you postulating that humankind is lacking in suffering? I'd struggle to accept the concept, but wouldn't mind hearing it argued.

Also, I find that many, if not most people, conflate discomfort with suffering. I feel that in some ways, that is a good thing though, since it points to a relatively "nice" life. Simply being without material possessions is not something I would necessarily equate with suffering.

Maybe the distinction between suffering and discomfort is subtle enough to not be generally relevant, but in my own life, the difference is clear.

Why do you feel your individual suffering or discomfort will actually improve the world for others? Instead of spending time intentionally suffering, it seems to me that it would be more effective to spend it on advancing our civilization to a point that actively reduces suffering. Things like technology, inventions, new concepts, novel systems, etc. would all go further than whether or not you are suffering as an individual.

TL;DR: You feel this empowers you, but what will you actually do with that empowerment?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Beautiful lbl. That is some qoute!

OK.
Isn't Nietzsche the one who said that god was dead?
freddy's nightmare
nihilism

FWIW...
I took to living a minimalistic lifestyle too...
Would I trade it for a vault filled with gold?
Absolutely not!

It's a hard path/road ahead but totally worth it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Probably depends on the calibration of the body and awareness if it is joy or suffering or a bit of both.

If it is true that only 5% of humans in their life time experience out of body then that means more experience makes you less able to share in the experience with the 95% who have not known it.

edit on 20-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I took to living a minimalistic lifestyle too... Would I trade it for a vault filled with gold?
Absolutely not!

It's a hard path/road ahead but totally worth it.

It sure is.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I'm a bit unclear about the title.. are you postulating that humankind is lacking in suffering? I'd struggle to accept the concept, but wouldn't mind hearing it argued.

Also, I find that many, if not most people, conflate discomfort with suffering. I feel that in some ways, that is a good thing though, since it points to a relatively "nice" life. Simply being without material possessions is not something I would necessarily equate with suffering.

Maybe the distinction between suffering and discomfort is subtle enough to not be generally relevant, but in my own life, the difference is clear.

Why do you feel your individual suffering or discomfort will actually improve the world for others? Instead of spending time intentionally suffering, it seems to me that it would be more effective to spend it on advancing our civilization to a point that actively reduces suffering. Things like technology, inventions, new concepts, novel systems, etc. would all go further than whether or not you are suffering as an individual.

TL;DR: You feel this empowers you, but what will you actually do with that empowerment?

What will I do with it? Give life as much as I can. Donate to charity, love my friends, strangers, and family n stuff. Still pay taxes. Just live a simple good life and try not think im any better then the next person based on my beliefs. It makes me feel happy. Heh simple as that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

OH, TRUST ME, I SUFFER MY ASS OFF!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Sounds like a basic, ordinary life. That's not a bad thing.

edit on 20-1-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
FINALLY now go enlist ONLY ARMY OR MARINE COMBAT ARMS,THERE is world class SUFFERING pal...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Its not all about suffering. Its about humility...keeping the right attitude and thought quality throughout both adversity and prosperity.
edit on 20-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
FINALLY now go enlist ONLY ARMY OR MARINE COMBAT ARMS,THERE is world class SUFFERING pal...

I don't believe in going out of your way to put your self in a posistion where you have to be commanded by someone to take another beings life. I suffer in other ways. If you want to do that, that's your choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join