It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zuckerberg Files Lawsuit Against Native Hawaiians to Force Land Sales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Billionaire and creator of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg has filed a lawsuit against Hawaiians because he feels he and his family deserve 'more privacy'. The folks with "buku bucks" can force the rest of us peasants to "move further away" since we are dirty and cramping their style

Sure, you could say he has every right to do this.. but Zuckerberg, who is from White Plains, New York.. finding ways to legally force out natives who have been there since before he was born, seems downright wrong to me.

As people with wealth and resources often do, Zuckerberg can simply hire the best legal team to find ways to keep fighting these locals until they run out of money or give up. Sharks in the water.. hired my Zuckerberg.

Some of the lawsuits Zuckerberg filed are complex. One case involves a woman who once owned a parcel of land on Zuckerberg’s property who has no surname, which is part of the old Hawaiian tradition. Another case is against 300 defendants who are said to be related from an immigrant Portuguese plantation worker. Some cases will have to trace land ownership through genealogical records. Defendants have 20 days to respond to the lawsuit and they don’t respond they get no say in the legal proceeding.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 19-1-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Billionaire and creator of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg has filed a lawsuit against Hawaiians because he feels he and his family deserve 'more privacy'.

False.

In Hawaii a situation has developed where a dozen or more people can be listed as owners of the same tiny parcel of land. This can make it very problematic to acquire these parcels even though they are not used by the owners. The situation is a bit complex but...
www.kitv.com...

edit on 1/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It still sounds to me like he is legally trying to sue people to "give them the option" to auction off their land.

Also sounds like an excuse to appear to be looking out for the best interests of everyone, while primarily securing their own perimeter.
edit on 19-1-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
And the big Z claims fake news !!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Where are the SJWs who supposedly cared for minorities' rights? Oh wait they are all in DC butthurt, planning on wreaking havoc.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Other than the privacy part, which can't be proven, what is false?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the owners were not aware that they actually are owners.

It still sounds to me like he is legally trying to sue people to "give them the option" to auction off their land.
That is not what a quiet title action is.
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

However, what could happen is if a parcel is owned by a number of parties, any one of those parties could force the public auction if all the owners cannot agree to sell. Zuckerman cannot force an auction.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Meh ... let him have it for now. He can't take it with him when he goes ... and the state of Hawaii is great at taxing the crap out of ya. That parcel of land is gonna cost him a lot.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Real estate taxes are assessed by the county, not the state.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The concept of partition is discussed below in Introduction to Partition Law in Hawai‘i, but generally speaking, there are two basic ways to partition: (1) partition in kind, or physical division of the land, where the co-tenants receive portions of the land according to their interests, and (2) partition by sale where the property is typically sold at a court-ordered public auction and the proceeds are divided among the co-tenants according to their interests.

www.law.hawaii.edu...

Small parcels cannot be subdivided, leaving an auction as the only remedy if one owner wants to divest and the others refuse to buy his share. The source provides an indication of how complex it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Snarl

Real estate taxes are assessed by the county, not the state.

You're right. When I lived there, I lived in Honolulu County. Easy to forget that isn't the entirety of the state. LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Liberals, zuckerberg is one of yours. Where you at? Silence on aisle one.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Mark Zuckerberg, The most unmanliest man there is, all the money in the world cant buy him that little bit of time before he goes to bed knowing what a complete wimp he really is as he cries into his pillow. He bullies people with his money, has no friends as he abused them all over his FaceAche thing and now decides to tell people they have to move out of a country, like he owns it?

He reminds me of the ultimate troll, sat behind his mums PC being the brave keyboard warrior he is. I pray he comes unstuck, In this day and age it does not take much to be top of the pops one day and a laughing stock the next. It will only take the wrong bit of fake news or someone famous gets spied on and information leaked out on Faceache and that's it game over.

The guy irritates me to look at and when he talks it grinds me. I don't feel that way about everyone but he is a special breed of idiot.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Its just another sad case of colonialism.

At one time there was not one Haole, and they, Native Hawaiians used to just hang out naked on a paradise island w hot women and all the papaya you can eat.

Now - they, the native Hawaiians, can barely find jobs on the island. They are confined to little crummy communities, while the Haole own all the prime real estate on the prettiest parts of the island. The Haole buy up entire parcels of land, and now you cannot even romp on them to enjoy the land, or walk on the beach on most parts. Their land has been taken away from them, and they slave for them for a crummy wage.

It's the same thing in America. You cannot enjoy the coast and so many parts of the Earth because they are claimed.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

At one time there was not one Haole, and they, Native Hawaiians used to just hang out naked on a paradise island w hot women and all the papaya you can eat.
Papaya come from South America and were unknown to ancient Hawaiians. Unless you were alii life was precarious. Worse if you were wahine makaainana. Hawaiians were a tribal, warrior culture. With battles between moku and ahupuaa being the norm. Bound by a severe feudal kapu system.

The Haole buy up entire parcels of land, and now you cannot even romp on them to enjoy the land, or walk on the beach on most parts.
There are no privately owned beaches in Hawaii. No one can keep you from walking on a beach.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Billionaire and creator of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg has filed a lawsuit against Hawaiians because he feels he and his family deserve 'more privacy'.

False.

In Hawaii a situation has developed where a dozen or more people can be listed as owners of the same tiny parcel of land. This can make it very problematic to acquire these parcels even though they are not used by the owners. The situation is a bit complex but...
www.kitv.com...

Does it matter what they do with it if its theirs?

I get the premise youre talking about where it sounds convoluted to have that many owners but, it IS their land

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You beat me to it.

Friend of mine is native Hawaiian, and the tales he tells are not sweetness and light, layin' around on the beach. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I get the premise youre talking about where it sounds convoluted to have that many owners but, it IS their land

Yes.
And only an owner can force a public auction of that land.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yes.
And only an owner can force a public auction of that land.

So youre saying the article is false?

I really dont know the ins and outs of how land and stuff works over there, but I have heard of really wealthy people doing sorts of things like this....

That however doesnt mean thats whats happening with Zuckerberg, Im ignorant of all the facts on this situation

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

So youre saying the article is false?

Yeah.
First word of my first post. Right?

I really dont know the ins and outs of how land and stuff works over there, but I have heard of really wealthy people doing sorts of things like this..
Yeah. Well. Don't believe everything you hear. I posted a link to an in depth explanation of exactly the situation.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join