It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Prime Minister Reveals Allegiance To EU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Right at the end of her speech she slipped up, revealed her allegiance, then fled.

Here it is at 30:00.

It can be very difficult to hold your concentration throughout a speech. It's possible to make silly mistakes without noticing. I don't think this was a silly mistake. This was a major mistake, her true thoughts came through and she noticed. Probably she went into a bit of a panic afterwards, comforting herself with the thought that her spin doctors would smooth it out if it became an issue.

I very strongly suspect the way 'they' have chosen to deal with Brexit is to play it hard and hope for problems.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Since the Bush's there has been time for a world wide effort to install NWO supporters and pro sponsors. I hope that will/has come to and end myself..
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Time to dig into Theresa Mays' past connections and previous work relations...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Wouldn't take much digging, she's been in the UK public eye for over 20 years.
She was in the Bank of Englands debt collection department for 12 years then became an MP.
She was a remainer who somehow weaseled her way to the top.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I think the tide has turned for those who govern, the people seem wiser,

and are no longer prepared to be manipulated.

The people are watching her closely ...... If she wants to stay in charge

She will have to *man up*

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The people seem wiser? Would they be the people who think Trump is not elite and that Farage isn't a w@nker?

Are you kidding?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Good points there.
Gone are the days when those in charge had control of the only means of distributing information.

Too many people now can communicate ideas and dissect disinformation for that to work.

There are still some who are foolish or lazy and can't see the reality beyond what the BBC or Guardian tell them, but they are becoming a minority at last.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Good points there.
Gone are the days when those in charge had control of the only means of distributing information.

Too many people now can communicate ideas and dissect disinformation for that to work.

There are still some who are foolish or lazy and can't see the reality beyond what the BBC or Guardian tell them, but they are becoming a minority at last.

Disagree, a lot of people still take BBC seriously, the ones that don't seem to think Joseph Paul Watson, The telegraph , Daily mail and Daily express are all telling the truth.
I don't know which is worse.

Look up Guido Fawkes site - Order-order. Pick an article and read the comments, most of those people are Tories and Ukippers and the way they act on that site would simply not be tolerated in the real world, I like seeing how far they go.
Some even lauded the death of Jo Cox.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

My point about dissecting disinformation obviously passed you by.

Sure, the right has its sources that distort as well, the main difference seems to be that most on the left seem to be incapable of thinking for themselves and finding the grain of truth in a biased report.

They all need Auntie to tell them what to think and feel all the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What I find strange about Brexit is that no one, or the media, mentions that America, China, and Japan, DO NOT pay the EU for the 'privilege' of trading with the EU, I have asked various people in the British government why that is, but never get a reply...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

The people seem wiser? Would they be the people who think Trump is not elite and that Farage isn't a w@nker?

Are you kidding?

Well for a w*nker didn't he do well
Almost single handedly forced a

referendum that allowed *the people* a *CHOICE* which they hadn't

previously had. Were never even asked if they wanted to go in!!

As for Trump I for one am pleased to see someone who isn't a

*professional politician* at the helm!

Things they are a changing

Edit to add.... You are so patronising in your assumptions that you are

more aware or better informed than the larger portion of the population

edit on 19-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So we got an unelected ex-bailiff as prime minister ?

Whose pound of flesh she is after i wonder ?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I think I'm probably one of the few people on this site who doesn't think he is more aware or better informed than the larger portion of the population. If you are referring to Farage, he's a rich boy that fed on people's fears. Trump didn't win the American popular vote, so actually you could argue I'm not the one who's being patronising in this discussion.

BTW, Farage didn't force anything. Tory backbenchers may have, but not Farage. He loves getting the credit for anything though.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Meh, could just have been a genuine word fumble as well, lots of assumption in this thread.

I'll wait and see how the negotiations go, also the person narrating the YouTube would annoy the # out of me at the pub or whatever.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff
Go back a few years and it was like this. Chinese and Japanese and other countries were routed through France into the EU market. Take any Japanese motor company. When they delivered their cars to France the French would only allow about 10 cars a week to enter the EU. Yes, you read that right, 10 cars.
So the major Japanese car manufacturers invested in the UK (do you think it was a coincidence or them thinking that British workers were better, Think again). They did this because technically they are already in the EU so they didn't have to pay any import duty to mainland Europe.
I'll give you a more modern deal that was done because we were in the EU. Fed Ex took over the British arm of TNT to get a bigger foothold into the EU.
Now you know the reasons for these foreign companies to be in the UK in the first place, now tell me what's going to happen now?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

a reply to: crayzeed

Nissan announced new investment just recently, it appears that Japanese business doesn't agree with you.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
The fat lady aint singing yet, not for another year or so.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Oh I agree completely, it is why unlike many in Brexit discussions I do not pretend to know the future.
I remain optimistic though until evidence draws me toward pessimism.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Kester

Meh, could just have been a genuine word fumble as well, lots of assumption in this thread.

I'll wait and see how the negotiations go, also the person narrating the YouTube would annoy the # out of me at the pub or whatever.

This.

As much as I hate May and think Brexit is likely a bad decision in both short and long term, this is obviously a slip of the tongue and a very easy one to make - luckilly she was on the ball enough to correct it.

The person narrting would get a punch in my local, mountains out of molehills and talking about singing and flow while pretending to understand body language is a pretty weak parapet to lecture from.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

She's been saying "best interests of the EU and the UK" lots over the last few months.
I'm of the mind it is almost a mantra reminding the EU that the best deal is both of us not screwing up our trade together.

The EU sells more to us than we export back, tariffs will sting more in the EU.
Everyone knows this and the best deal for both Britain and the EU is tariff free trade.
But if EU plays hardball then tariffs cut two ways.

...lol @ punch in pub for narrator

top topics

<<   2 >>

join