It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Inspirational

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but I love a good inspirational true event.

Their was a man, not long ago, that announced to the world that he was going to do something big. Immediately people laughed at him, and criticized him, and with absolute certainty told him it would never happen. Not being one to listen to the haters, this man started working toward his goal, and work he did. The laughter and criticism never stopped, but he would just work that much harder. Soon some people started noticing his work ethic, his never quit attitude, even in the face of defeat. Even on the day that his goal was accomplished people still did not believe he could do it.

I suspect that many, if not all of you, know who I am talking about. No matter how you look at it, it is still truly inspiring that if you don't give up, and work very hard to reach your goal, that it is still possible in today's age that the dream lives on.

So to all of you that have big dreams, don't give up in the face of overwhelming odds. A little faith, and a can do attitude goes along way.
edit on 17-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I suspect that many, if not all of you, know who I am talking about.

I must be in the tiny minority because I have exactly no clue who you are talking about.

Edit to Add: The meat of your post I can agree with.

edit on 17-1-2017 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

You will know on Jan 20th. Inauguration.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I agree with you, many will not.

Its called tall poppy syndrome

a perceived tendency to discredit or disparage those who have achieved notable wealth or prominence in public life.

You see it everyday on this site and its normally a reflection of people who are unsatisfied with their own failings to do anything worthwhile with their own lives.
Some people would rather watch the world burn than see someone they dont like or agree with do good things

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Thanks for the knowledge. I did not know that.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well, if you work toward it AND have 4 billion, yes you can accomplish almost anything. The 4 billion and lots of press helped.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Somebody watched 'The Secret'...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Is it Americas #2 Douche?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Well, if you work toward it AND have 4 billion, yes you can accomplish almost anything. The 4 billion and lots of press helped.

Well in all fairness the one's that mocked and laughed knew he had a lot of money. The press, well they were the sound system for the mocking and laughing.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It was awesome, I get inspired. Thanks.

top topics

join