It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Epiphany

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Welcome to the minefield of the perceptions of others.

Don't Tread on Me is cool, and just looking out for the board as the responsibilities of a moderator sees fit.

These issues are emotionally charged, as I well know, and it is dangerous to make sweeping generalizations about them. I didn't perceive your comments as racist, but that doesn't mean others won't.

Incidentally, racism is the charge I wasn't guilty of when I believe the Grovers directed their evil intent at me. It is an easy charge to level, and one of the principal tools the ruling elite uses to divide the rest of us and maintain control.

Groves and idols my friend, groves and idols.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks again for your post.

Im afraid your going to have to educate me as to what a Grover is. It escapes me at the moment.

Yes I understand that Dont Tread On Me is looking out for the broader intrests of the board. Also that these issues are emotionally charged.

When I found this section on the members section I also found another warning from earlier this summer. I had forgotten this post until they reminded me of it there. As I recall a poster on the PTS board made a statement I considered stereotyping and sexist in their attempt to garner emotional appeal and support for thier political stance. I decided to see if they could take what I have so often seen them dishing out. I made a series of statements and asked questions in rebuttal. It didnt seem to go over well.
As I recall, I never did get answers to my questions..just a ending statement that they wouldnt be talking to me anymore ..they were through with me. To my knowlege they have not stopped using this emotional appeal or stereotyping or sexism ..but I wonder if the monitors call them on it or even percieve it as so. Do they give them a Oprah free pass to play through?? It happens on here..but it is intresting to see that many cannot take it when it comes back to them.

By the way ..I recall that I made a posting on Racism on the board in Education and Media under the title.. "Cops say student attacked because of color" It is the last post on that board and for some reason the topic died out after that. I found that sort of odd in a culture acutely aware of racism.

Thanks again for your post,
Just hanging around the house today taking it as easy as I can.

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I heard an old song by Duncan Shiek again recently, and the lyrics are now so apt its spooky. Its almost like he is writing about what I've been going through.

Barely Breathing
Duncan Sheik

Well I know what you're doing
I see it all too clear
I only taste the saline
when I kiss away your tears
you really had me going wishing on a star But the black holes that surround you are heavier by far
I believed in your confusion, that you were so completely torn
Well, it must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born
There's not much to examine, nothing left to hide
You really can't be serious if you have to ask me why I say good-bye...

cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
I don't know who I'm kidding imagining you care
And I could stand here waiting
A fool for another day
I don't suppose it's worth the price, worth the price
The price that I would pay...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hello Icarus Rising. I followed the Chappelle thread and noticed your invite to here. I must say that your story resonates with me. I too get glimpses of clarity, but mine escape like smoke. I enjoy reading your posts and just wanted you and Orangetom to know that I support you both.
In my opinion, neither of you are racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join