It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA over atlanta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Was looking at adsbexchange and thought this was interesting,wondering if they are sniffing cellphones?
I usually just search for interesting stuff but this is the first time I had seen dea over a specific area
adsbexchange

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

Probably got their stingrays out to catch some illicit activity.

Though it's usually the FBI out running patterns like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

is it listening to phone calls or texts?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nepatitan
a reply to: grey580

is it listening to phone calls or texts?

Stingray equipment is basically a phoney (sorry for the pun) cell station, when numbers you are after connect you can intercept all data, txts or phone calls.

It could well be the DEA but they dont just hand them out, their use has to be allowed by a judge as far as i know, much like any warrant.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Depends on the mode they use.

However I'm going to assume active. Using a MitM attack in order to listen into conversations.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cool thanks for the info.
Had no idea the calls go straight to the unit

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would think it is more likely they are looking for grow operations since it is the DEA.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Hanging out over Hartsfield too lol. Bet they are looking for some interesting fellas. My money would be someone working on the deck.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That would be the JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force) which consists of local (Atlanta and other PD from around the state), GBI, FBI, DEA, and Army working together in order to share resources and promote inter-agency cooperation. It was created to track and stop terrorism and human trafficking, but mostly gets used for drug interdiction.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Well they're probably out crusading upon our civil rights and liberties to keep us all safe from monsters and the devil's lettuce. Meanwhile no one bothers sniffing or the people that are actually threats to us all. Oh well, waste of good engineering to use an aircraft in that manner.

top topics

join