It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ted Turner "Fox News Is Propaganda"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Likening Fox News's rise in popularity to Adolf Hitler, CNN founder Ted Turner also criticized the news channel as dispensing "propaganda" for its support of the Bush administration. CNN is currently losing the ratings battle with Fox News.

news.bbc.co.uk
CNN founder Ted Turner attacked US TV network Fox News on Tuesday, labeling it "propaganda" for its stance towards the Bush administration.

Turner also likened the network's current popularity to Adolf Hitler's rise to power in 1930s Germany.

"Just because you're bigger doesn't mean you're right," Turner said in a speech to the National Association of Television Programming Executives.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Fox News is a frequent target and mainly its because of its support of the president. It also if you note is the only service to refer to suicide bombers as "homicide bombers". However, as is the case for when anybody complains about Howard Stern etc. why are you watching in the first place? You can and do have options such as turning it off or better yet coming here to ATSNN and ATS where you can actually have a back and forth discussion. Really the bias is no different that say Dan Rather's rush to air allegations that proved to be bogus.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Who cares what Ted Turner says? He's a washed up has-been. He should just go off and spend his billiions without bothering all of us. For me, I'll still watch FOX!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The term "homicide bomber" is synonymous. Everybody knows that the usage of a bomb is to kill/commit homicide. Its just a propoganda method to attempt to enrage the viewer further by using a second term for the same thing. By leaving out the word suicide you deny what such an attack actually is.

If suicide bombers are homicide bombers, then that means all U.S. military people who drop bombs but don't commit suicide are homicide bombers as well. Give me a friggin break here.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If suicide bombers are homicide bombers, then that means all U.S. military people who drop bombs but don't commit suicide are homicide bombers as well. Give me a friggin break here.

Exactly.

I remember homicide bomber for the first time and I was disgusted... I however didnt know that it was only Fox News using the term. I thought it was the govt also.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thatoneguy, Fox using it IS the gov. using it. They are owned, ran, and hosted by registered republicans. The "Dark Knight" of the republican party was hired to fire every dem. the channel had, from host to clerk to janitor. Now they have 10 people on the right, 4 in the middle, and 1 who is slightly to the left of center. Balanced aren't they?(Maybe if the ten on the right were actresses from hollywood and the one on the slight left weighs 200lbs, then it might be balanced((anorexic skinny joke)))

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
James, while I do not know enough about FoxNews to support or deny your allegations that is a giant Republican conspiracy, i go back to me origional premise: If people do not like it, why don't they watch someone else? MSNBC, or CNN, or SkyNews, Or BBC, or CBS, or ABC, etc etc etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The term "homicide bomber" is synonymous. Everybody knows that the usage of a bomb is to kill/commit homicide. Its just a propoganda method to attempt to enrage the viewer further by using a second term for the same thing. By leaving out the word suicide you deny what such an attack actually is.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Frith]

The big difference that you aren't recognizing is that Suicide/homicide bombers are simply out to MURDER innocents to try and make their point. Military are not generally trying to kill civilians that are not combatants, usually they are trying to attack valid targets, however accidents do happen, that is unavoidable in combat.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
the point is not about choice.
'the news' is the 'estate' that people are supposed to use to balance what is being said by government against what is being experienced 'in the street'. people TRUST that the news is there to help them make educated decisions.
the news can only do this if the news is not accountable to anybody's agendas, be they political or financial or moral.
the news is only effective if it is completely independent of influence.
the world is now in an informational lockdown unparalleled in history. the only free voices are public access, private publishing and the web. this is why you will constantly here 'debunkers' use the fact that information was gleaned from the web, and therefore is not really valid. the web needs to be demonised by the disinfo professionals hired by the shadow oligarch controllers in order to pollute the mass consciousness. any focus of thought by the mass is a potentially mortal wound to these people. they know how to start or avoid revolutions. people's minds are like putty to the truth makers.
this is funny because, when searching for motive, one finds the mainstream highly compromised, and independent webcasters severely struggling to keep their truth speaking voices above water. this instantly gives independent news outlets more validity than mainstream corporate psycho-babble.
for the mainstream pundits, think about this, 'when did the terms 'illuminati', 'conspiracy theory' and 'skull and bones' become household words?'. did dan rather or fox news tell everyone? HAHA!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well the good thing about Fox News is that they do indeed give it to you RAW & that is the way that I like it (it is after all a VERY INSANE world that we live in)! I think they have an edge because of the
Broadcasting Technology that they use is VERY Advanced (Government NSA Backing anyone?). On the DOWNSIDE - it is Obviously quite Biased -
Pro Bush Incumbency - its like a little Right Wing Conservative Republican Mafia Politburo! The probably feel the Need to do this because Much of the Rest of the Media is Very Left Wing! They do use it as a Medium for
Pro State Propaganda (They are VERY Pro War) - you have to examine ALL Media very carefully these days - patterns do emerge - the only problem is that many times Fox News is a Good Source of Information - when they are just doing "Straight News" that is & not having Republican Love Fests!

top topics

join