It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the proof @ in modern times?

page: 1

join
share:
pao

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ok guys i got a question. Reading the bible, there's alotta crazy stuff that occurs, such as some guys wife turning to salt, burning bushes, chairiots that take people away, sticks turning into snakes, plagues on command, etc.

what my question is: if back in the day people had this stuff occur regularly, and we are supposed to believe the bible, where are the salt people, burning bushes talking to people, and stuff of that nature?

god talked to the people of the past pretty openly, why isnt there much stuff like that now?

and no excuses like "you have to hear god from within" or something

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I suppose it does not happen anymore because God is already supposed to have sent the final message. God also promised that after Noah there would be no more "Magic Punishments". Of course, you DO occasionally hear about some ultra-religious person performing some kind of miracle.
Another theory I have is all these "miracles" may have been some kind of scientificly explainable event. Maybe some kind of "ray" was emitted that solidified people into salt formations. Some kind of microscopic medicine was dumped on people to make them "healed".
I guess we just have to wait for Jesus to "come down from the sky". Unless that means that it is going to be in some kind of spaceship

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The bible is now all the proof you need. That and the second coming

One of the main themes in the old testment is how powerful the God of Isreal is. My favorite is what i call "Elijah and the great cook off" 1 Kings 18:16-45

these days people have the holy spirit given to them by word and water in babtisum

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, for one, I think a lot of that stuff may have been symbolic, figurative, or allegorical, it may not have actually happened. And as far as God not talking to us, I think that's because He's kind of sick of our sin, and does not want to talk to us directly anymore until Judgement day. I'm not saying He's not with us, just that direct conversation is something we are no longer worthy of.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by JJ McKool]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have always considered the possiblity that some of the stories in the old testament were dream interpretation.

Back then dreams weren't neccessarily considered figments of the imagination. Many different cultures all over the world considered dreams a completely seperate reality.

Some native american tribes considered dreaming to be the real world and our waking world the dream.

So the basic point of this is it could have been someone talking about something they saw in a dream and it in turn is written down as an actual event.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe Maria statues cry blood every now and then when the leaking roof of church needs pilgrim funds for repair ....

While the historic prophets were known to cure the blind and spread the message of love, nowadays prophets seem to spread blindness and hate instead.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't really have an answer, but if someone were to start building an arc because they told you that God told them to, or if someone said that their wife turned to salt, would you believe them? Look at some of the psycho's out there right now who claim to commit crimes because God told them to. Look at Bin Laden and how he claims that Allah is showing him the way.

If God DID talk to these people that I think of as psycho's or if a man's wife DID turn to salt, WHO would believe them? I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who would.

Jemison

pao

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
those are some very good replies...... thx guys

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
OH NO THE SECOND COMING!!!!!!!!! .....yawn...hurry it up. I garuantee it will never happen.

new topics

top topics

join